SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : His Coming is Not a Matter of Time but of Faith - T. Austin Sparks

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 His Coming is Not a Matter of Time but of Faith - T. Austin Sparks

Take this matter of the coming of the Lord; and, of course, that is the coming of the Lord in glory, when He shall come in the clouds of glory, when He shall come to be glorified in His saints the coming in by the east of the glory of the Lord. Have you noticed that in any time in the dispensation, when spiritual people have been gathered together, and in their gathering together have been speaking or singing of the coming of the Lord, how spontaneously the glory rises and comes in? Why is it? Because the Holy Spirit does not live in time at all, He does not belong to time. The Holy Spirit is outside of time and He already has the end with Him and He is the Spirit of the end, and when we really get into the Spirit we are in the Holy Spirit’s end.

If we dwell in the mind – oh, this reasoning line of things! – out of the Spirit, there is no joy. But when we let go and we are in the Spirit, we find ourselves with the Holy Spirit right at the end. We are outside of time; we are in the glory already in foreshadowing. The Holy Spirit is timeless and you get outside of time and you have everything; you have your finality, your fullness. Thus, when John was in the Spirit in the isle of Patmos, he got right through to the end of things very quickly, the thing which we in time have not reached yet. That is what I mean by apprehending this matter spiritually. Beware of apprehending prophecy as a mental thing.

The Holy Spirit in you in a living way will bring you into the good of things. Thus by the Spirit today we should stand with the light of the glorious fullness of the day of the Lord. We should be here as a testimony, not to prophetic things, not to teaching or doctrine about the Second Advent and all the problems connected therewith, but to the spiritual meaning of that. What is it? Why, that is the end to which God has been working right through the centuries, the one thing upon which His heart is set, in which He has His satisfaction, His glory, His praise, His fullness, and the Holy spirit is always there to make good something of that when we dwell upon it. He is there to be to us “the earnest of our inheritance,” and to make us know it is a matter of faith, after all.

2016/4/1 10:14Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re: His Coming is Not a Matter of Time but of Faith - T. Austin Sparks

That's a challenge, bro Greg. It is an impossibility to me. How can I live in Him and in this world at the same instant? I long to be in Him. But, He sends us into the world. He sends us to be light and salt, to be as the brother said, a testimony of Jesus Christ. We get the idea, somehow, that we are to be timepieces, too. I struggle with it, guys, I do. The groaning in me is the same groaning that Paul said is in the earth, waiting for the revelation of the glory of the sons of God. So badly want this to be put off and the robe of the immortal, incorruptible glory of the sons of God to be wrapped around us. Sometimes I wonder to myself if this doesn't amount to a "lust" for God, so to speak? An unhealthy thing, a wicked thing that is not content with the person of Jesus Christ. Do I really even know Him at all? Lord, deliver me from self-deceit. Make me content with You, alone, Jesus.

2016/4/1 10:25Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy