SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Gods Not Dead 2

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Gods Not Dead 2

Saints,
I just took the family to the early premiere tonight of Gods Not Dead 2. It was fantastic! It was based on facts from 24 real court cases concerning religious freedom to say the name of Jesus in the public education sphere, had a touch & mention concerning what happened recently in Houston concerning the pastors' sermons being subpoenaed, etc. Anyways, it was a very God glorifying film, had nothing "unclean" in it, had good acting, had some surprises, was faithful to the Gospel, etc. A solid 4.5-5 stars in my book. Just FYI.
God Bless,
Jeff

2016/4/1 1:39
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Gods Not Dead 2

How did it compare to the first one?

2016/4/1 7:28Profile

Re:

I believe the movie was filmed in Little Rock Arkansas where I live. Certainly intend to see it.

Blaine

2016/4/1 8:19

Re:

I really liked the first one overall, but I personally thought it was better in some aspects.

2016/4/1 9:00
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

The song is reason enough to watch the movie! Love that song. And, I like Newsboys music anyway, esp. with Michael Tait. Also like the original version of that song by Daniel Bashta --- very different sound than Newsboys.

I hope Melissa Joan Hart comes to real faith in Jesus if she hasn't already. I liked her character on her old kids' TV show well enough (what little I saw of it). She seems like a nice lady, as much as a celebrity can be one (I'd hate that life and I would probably not be very nice).

I was moved by the first movie. I've re-watched it a couple of times. Cringe at the writing at times. Lesson for me: Never watch a so-called "faith based movie" more than twice. :)

2016/4/1 9:56Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I liked the first one too- very encouraging.

I thought the stereotypical atheist professor was tossing softballs for the Christian student to field, but obviously you can't go into deep theological discussions in a 90 minute movie.

I think the Kendrick movies and those like them despite shortcomings are very important. First it gets a bunch of Christians who don't know each other in a theater with a common purpose. When we went to see War a Room in a packed theater it seemed that revival was just a hair shy of breaking out. Second, they are encouraging on different levels. You don't need Oscar worthy acting or writing to be encouraged in your faith.

2016/4/1 10:56Profile

Re: Todd

I saw War Room a couple of times and thought it was good. Actually the movie had me in tears both times and on my knees.

But that is just sentimental me. But I thought War Room was a good movie. Hope to see God is Not Dead part 2 over the weekend.

Blaine

2016/4/1 12:01
Sree

Re:

I am not big on Christian movies, loved Fireproof and watched it so many times, still brings tears to my eyes.

But Dolfan, the reason I am hesitant to watch the movie is for the newsboyz song 'God is not dead'. That song really annoys me. Especially a creepy voice that comes in towards end. Sounds very worldly to me. I am surprised that you liked it.

I am not against contemporary music but having creepy shady sounds in a song makes it sound more evil than good.

2016/4/1 12:16Profile

Re:

Thought I would go and take in the movie this afternoon. That is if I can get a ticket. Will post about the movie after watching it, Lord willing of course.

Did see God is not Fead Part 1. Would be interesting to compare both movies.

2016/4/1 12:43
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Hey Sree that's just a little voice modulation for emphasis. You noticed it so it worked!

2016/4/1 12:57Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy