SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The sword is awakened!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

The sword is awakened!

And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God. (Zec 13:9)

The refining fire of the Lord is to be found in the furnace which we call our lives and the world. Now there are different degrees of fire, some are hotter than others. They all refine, yet the greater the fire the greater the refinement for those in whom faith reigns. Now a man or a woman can say that he or she has faith but who can know it but the fire knows. It is in the storm and in the fire that faith blazes brighter than the flame. Does faith reign in your life? Is your trust in Jesus the essence of who you are? Can we believe our own hearts in this matter or must it be the fire that reveals all? The fire reveals and consumes the dross in our lives, if we stay in the fire.

If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king. But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up. Then was Nebuchadnezzar full of fury, and the form of his visage was changed against Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego: therefore he spake, and commanded that they should heat the furnace one seven times more than it was wont to be heated. (Dan 3:17-19)

When the Hebrew children are confronted with he who represents the world and the world demands that they bow down to their gods, they refuse. And this refusal to bow down to the gods of this world causes fury. The heat of the furnace was increased sevenfold. And these three men, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, fell down bound into the midst of the burning fiery furnace(Dan 3:23)

The time is coming soon brothers and sisters where it will be required of the saints that they bow down to the gods of this world, in fact it has already begun. When you refuse, the fury of the world will begin to rise until it shall burn with a ferocity against us that has never been seen before and we shall" fall down," in the midst of this fire and the world will rejoice.

And they worshiped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshiped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him? And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months. And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven. And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. (Rev 13:4-8)

Yet even when the world should think that they have overcome the saints because they have made them to fall down in the furnace of afflictions, the world will look again and they will see something most remarkable. In the midst of the great tribulation of the saints the world will see the Son of Man shining through like heavenly gold in the very center of their sufferings. And in the end the world will see the Son of God coming in His glory and they will acknowledge , just like Nebuchadnezzar that " there is no other God that can deliver."

So brothers and sisters. Rejoice in your triumph in the midst of your trial. And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God. (Zec 13:9) You see, your reward is your relationship with Jesus. You can call upon His name and the Lord hears you and speaks to you and you are His child and He is your God. And for all eternity you will look back at your sufferings and know that in choosing to suffer with the Lord and counting it as a small thing you now rule and reign with Christ forever. Stand fast brothers and sisters. The Lord sees your afflictions and is with you in the midst of them......bro Frank

1Pe 3:14 But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;

2Ti 2:12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

2016/3/31 12:57
docs

Re: I can say a amen

Thanks for sharing this. The Hebrew children in the fiery furnace for refusing to bow to to a false god is a very strong prphetic picture I believe of what will face the church at the end of the age. And as you say, daily life in the world is a furnace that tries and reveals.

Thank you for this.

Blessings.

2016/4/1 10:03Profile
MaryJane

Re: The sword is awakened!

Greetings Frank

What to respond to this as you hit on some very vital things in what GOD has given you to share here with us.

You wrote:You see, your reward is your relationship with Jesus. You can call upon His name and the Lord hears you and speaks to you and you are His child and He is your God. And for all eternity you will look back at your sufferings and know that in choosing to suffer with the Lord and counting it as a small thing you now rule and reign with Christ forever. Stand fast brothers and sisters. The Lord sees your afflictions and is with you in the midst of them

I wanted to say YES! and AMEN!!! Often we can get so caught up in the circumstance around us that we take our focus off of JESUS, we loose faith and begin to doubt because all we see is our struggle or suffering but GOD is right there in the midst of it with us. HE is our FATHER, we are HIS children and HIS love for us is unending!! When we choose to stay the course, take up our cross and follow HIM we will have struggles, but as you said this is a small thing when we look to eternity! This world is passing away, look around you, nothing we see now is permanent...only GOD is forever. By HIS grace and mercy we will be with HIM for all to come!!

God bless
mj

2016/4/1 13:04Profile

Re:

Bro David writes......

"The Hebrew children in the fiery furnace for refusing to bow to to a false god is a very strong prphetic picture I believe of what will face the church at the end of the age. And as you say, daily life in the world is a furnace that tries and reveals."

Amen brother, this was strongly impressed upon my soul as i was writing this. The fury that builds when there is a refusal to bow down to the gods of this world. The furnace gets hotter, the intensity of the anger builds until there is only hatred and murder left in the hearts of those who are given over to the world.............bro Frank

2016/4/1 13:38

Re:

MJ writes........

" When we choose to stay the course, take up our cross and follow HIM we will have struggles, but as you said this is a small thing when we look to eternity! This world is passing away, look around you, nothing we see now is permanent...only GOD is forever. By HIS grace and mercy we will be with HIM for all to come!!"

Amen and amen. Only God is forever............bro Frank

2016/4/1 13:40

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy