SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Anguish

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Job was not delivered from the attacks of Satan by prayer, naming it and claiming it or anything suchlike. God allowed the attacks to bring Job into a better place where he did not think he had the right to God's presence and it continued until He decided to end it.

The greatest error of man is to think he can walk with sin in his life but if he is living a holy life and his past sins are tormenting him then of course peace can be found in Christ.

2016/4/2 6:23
Brotheralechenu

Lagos, NGR

Re:

Yes my sister, Peace can be found in Christ. but what if someone is now in Christ and then he is going through torments. What will u suggest that the person do that he might be free or relieved of the anguish torments??? because obviously i know you will not want that person to be going through painful anguish especially when everyone around him is filled with Joy and bubbling. Anguish i tell you my sister is not a sweet thing.

2016/4/2 9:09Profile

Re:

Brother you did not say whether you were a believer when it happened. If you give a few more details, the brethren might be able to counsel you better.

There were things that l felt badly about when l came to see that it was due to not walking in the Spirit and my failures led me to find the key of how to do it, that is by faith that Christ had already made me whole (Holy).

It is not the individual sins that are the issue, the issue is are we walking in the Light?

2016/4/2 9:26
Brotheralechenu

Lagos, NGR

Re:

I was believer but my mind was not renewed. i was listening and yielding to the wrong influences.My mind was conditioned to be contentious and to act in an evil manner. Ignorantly i did not know i will be recompensed for deeds done. My uncle n his wife died when i was in 300L.
At 400L ,I found myself in a room where most of my roommates were unregenerate. They abused psychological and emotionally . At that time i was just an innocent young chap who did not know much about life. I believe this negative experience or misfortune is the consequence of the evil i did to my Late Uncle and his wife.

The Spirit of God gave me this understanding in the book of Romans 2 v 8 - 9

2016/4/2 11:20Profile

Re:

Paul, seeing no-one else has chimed in, I will attempt to reply to you but I find it hard to give you counsel for such a problem without knowing a lot more about you which is probably not a suitable thing to do online and I wonder whether you have sought help at your church?

If you want to have the ability to stand against the enemy of our souls, I suggest that you ask the Lord to cleanse you from ALL unrighteousness as in:

1 John 1:9,

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness.

This requires entire submission to the headship of Christ and might be where the Lord is leading you, or it could be a biochemical problem causing your mind to become obsessed with something or even that you have not been saved yet. There are numerous possibilities.

I have not known the Lord to punish us in the way you describe for one sin and we are told that we will have trouble in the world and will be persecuted.

If you feel afraid that the Lord will bring more suffering to you despite you repenting and being sorry for your sin, then that is coming from the devil and you need to decide whether to listen to him or to God in scripture.

2016/4/3 5:49
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Brother Paul,

If you have truly repented of your sin,
then you can have assurance that your
sins have been forgiven and cleansed
by the precious blood of Jesus Christ.

The Holy Spirit will convict us of our sin,
and God will chasten us out of His great
love for us, but we must remember that
it is not God that puts condemnation on
us. Satan, who is the accuser of the
brethren, is the one that accuses the
saints. The devil comes to steal, kill,
and to destroy. Jesus Christ has come
that we might have an abundant life.

You must not receive the tormenting
accusations of the devil. Forgive all
those that have wronged you, and forgive
yourself, for there is no condemnation
to those that are in Christ Jesus. (Romans
8:1)

2016/4/3 6:52Profile
Brotheralechenu

Lagos, NGR

Re:

Sister Brenda, thanks for your advice. You can use my email add in my profile. You 'll get to know me better through that.
Bro Mike, thanks a lot for your great advice . I deeply appreciate. May God richly bless you.

Saints of God, Pls continue in intercession for me.

2016/4/3 10:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy