SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : We're living in the "Last Days"!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
savannah

We're living in the "Last Days"!

We're living in the "Last Days"!

"Love rejoices in the truth. "

https://youtu.be/32jlL9W5iNo

2016/3/25 21:19Profile

Re: We're living in the "Last Days"!

Great vid!

Explains very well what is meant by "Last Days". I really like that he used a lot of scripture.

Another great point he makes.

The New Covenant age has no "last days". It is an eternal covenant.

Heb 13:20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the EVERLASTING COVENANT,

Why look forward to something we already have?

"An eternal covenant has no "last days." We are living in the first days of the eternal age. Missing these important time statements causes people to misapply, by nearly 2000 years, many verses in the Bible."

The old heavens and earth of Judaism have passed away, and we now live in the New Heavens and New Earth of the New Covenant.

Here is the transcript for those who like to read.
http://www.bereanbiblechurch.org/transcripts/topical/we-are-living-in-the-last-days.htm

2016/3/25 21:33

Re:

For those that may not know, That is an implied wholly preterist view. You can believe that if you want, but it's really just partly true (& I believe other parts of what you said were not true). There is a "Great & Terrible Day of the Lord" too, or "That Day". That has not happened (unless you buy into the view that when the apostle Peter said "the end of all things is near" he meant 70 AD, & unless you think Jesus already came in 70 AD & is never "coming again"). Again, we are & have been technically in "The Last Days" since Christ ascended, but there is also an "end of the end". A 70 year old man is in his "last days" in his 70's, but is in "the last hour" at 79 if he dies at 80. These can be semantics, but the view that it's ALL already all been done/fulfilled COMPLETELY is called "Preterism". It is one eschatological view, but I personally don't happen to think it's accurate. I didn't even check the link, but what Julius expressed is a classic preterist paradigm.

I am looking forward to what we don't have. An eternal paradigm that knows "if we hope but in this life (what we already have), we are above all men to be pitied." I am looking forward to the day when He wipes away every tear from every eye, where there's no more death, no more sickness, sorrow, or pain. In the age to come.

2016/3/25 22:14

Re:

This is unbiblical propaganda and certainly the Holy Spirit is NOT PRESENT WHATSOEVER in this mans scripture twisting.

2016/3/25 22:16

Re:

"Julius" more of your wicked apostate "replacement theology" demon spew.

You and the that hell bound brood willsuddenly realize how wrong you are, the ONLY thing, you all shall hear is "I NEVER KNEW YOU".

repent from your self opinionated WICKEDNESS.

2016/3/25 22:28

Re:

Guys/Gals,
Let's be nice, kind, gentle, humble & loving. I'm not attacking anyone for their view. And I'm not scared to say I think the view is totally wrong either. But I don't think it's theologically "malicious" always either. The arguments & use of verses can be somewhat convincing if you follow the rabbit hole with tunnel vision. I think it's wrong. But I don't think you mean harm or malice brother (Julius). I know & love people who lean towards Amil/Replacement theology/Supercessionism. I don't think they're vile or wicked. Just wrong. Lol. 😊

2016/3/25 22:36

Re:

It is interesting that Luther held that view & said such wicked, racist, murderous things, that I can't help but question his actual conversion/salvation. It's also interesting that if "Israel doesn't mean anything at all anymore whatsoever" that Satan apparently didn't get the memo

2016/3/25 22:42

Re:

I was going to say something, but there is really no point.

I will just say, I don't have to believe your eschatological views since I don't see them in the Word of God and the Lord has not confirmed them in my heart and I will also add that the nation state of Israel has every right to protect and defend themselves by whatever means they feel necessary.

Other than that, I will not defend myself against such spurious, anger and hate filled accusations.

Thanks, Jeff.

The other two unfortunately, are constantly drinking from a poison well.

2016/3/25 23:12

Re:

I'll also say this: I've never met ANYONE who came to a full replacement theology/Supercessionism/Amillinealism position without specifically reading the teachings of a preterist. Ever. Not one. I be willing to guarantee you no one comes to all those positions entirely (and Preterism as a whole) without following the teaching/leading of one shaping the scriptures in such a way. Also true of the "Secret Pre-Trib Rapture" crowd. Never get there with just the Word. People arrive there after reading those who frame it as a paradigm a certain way. That begs the question: is that God's way? Word of God & Spirit of God need a preterist (or Pre-Trib) teacher to "discover the truth in scripture" on something this big? Hhhhmmm... I have a hard time believing that one really. Just being honest

2016/3/26 0:34

Re:

Well you met your first one, Jeff. I have never read the teachings of a Preterist.

You really can get there by just reading and studying the Bible. You just have to believe what it says and stop reading into it.

I certainly agree with what you say about the "Secret Pre-Trib Rapture" crowd.

Ask yourself why Paul and Peter and John and James did not talk about your eschatological position? Why didn't they go on and on about physical Israel? Because they knew the last days of physical Israel and the O.T had come.

You can't find them talking about physical Israel's future plan so you draw from the O.T and make up your own (actually you adopted someone else's version).

Your position just did not exist in Peter, Paul, John and James' mind and that is why they did not write about it. They wrote about a spiritual King and a spiritual kingdom and both Jew and Gentile becoming brothers and dwelling together in heavenly Jerusalem. The house made by God and not men.

The only plan any Jew or Gentile can hope to have is found in Christ in the current dispensation we are in. There is not going to be another chance. This is New Testament and you do the spiritual prophecies of the OT damage by giving them a physical future fulfillment. These prophecies are about a spiritual kingdom not a physical kingdom.

Did I call you names? Did I slander you or send hate filled venom your way? No! Why? Because we are brothers in Christ and I am not offended or threatened by your eschatological views, I simply don't agree with them. And my beliefs do no harm to any men.

Our common bond in Christ and love for Him is much stronger than my opinions on anything else. I hope you feel the same.

It would be nice to have a conversation without the bouncers dropping by.

2016/3/26 0:56

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy