SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Biblical qualifications for 'ministry'

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
dougkristen

Biblical qualifications for 'ministry'

Can we discuss what are the Biblical qualifications for ministry?

In Christ,
Doug

2005/5/19 16:13Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re: Biblical qualifications for 'ministry'

Quote:

dougkristen wrote:
Can we discuss what are the Biblical qualifications for ministry?

Maybe being a little to simplistic, but I would say that being born-again is the major qualification for ministry.

2005/5/19 16:23Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

To be called :)

2005/5/19 16:24Profile

Knowing you hear from God; believing what He shows you and acting on it; generally exercising faith as a lifestyle - not a series of specific challenges.

2005/5/19 16:30
Tears_of_joy

Daily walk with Jesus!

Good message about [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=3861]Full Time Ministry[/url]
[b]Description:[/b] Think you're too busy to pray? No matter how busy or what your occupation in this life, every Believer is called into "Full Time Ministry."

2005/5/19 16:36Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Gotta agree with Zeke, being born-again is the only real qualification and every born again believer has a common, all-important ministry. Paul speaks of it in 2 Corinthians;

Therefore [i]seeing we have this ministry[/i], as we have received mercy, we faint not; But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.(2Co 4:1-2)

And what is this common ministry? The preceeding verse tells us, it is looking upon Jesus;

But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.(2Co 3:18)

In Christ,

Ron

2005/5/19 17:04Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
And what is this common ministry? The preceeding verse tells us, it is looking upon Jesus;

But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.(2Co 3:18)

Hi Ron
is the ministry 'looking to Jesus' or 'bearing the image'?

2005/5/20 5:06Profile

Re: Eph 4:11

God gave us leaders (not dictators) anointed and called by God to train up the saints for the work of the ministry. "Saints" must be born again, and all saints have a ministry.

Jesus died for your sins, your healing, your delieverence, your righteousness (His imputed to you), your holiness (His imputed to you), and your ministry. The Word says we were purchased with a great price. Is He getting what He paid for? Are we doers of the Word and not merely hearers only?

Jesus said that not everyone would enter in, but he/she that doeth the Will of the Father. Do you know His will for your life, ie, your ministry? Are you obedient to it?

2005/5/20 7:38
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Dual

Pardon the interuption [i]Rons[/i]...

But this is a wonderful revelation here

Quote:
is the ministry 'looking to Jesus' or 'bearing the image'?

Just to ponder on that...

2005/5/20 8:37Profile
DezCall

The Netherlands

Re:

Quote:
Is the ministry 'looking to Jesus' or 'bearing the image'

I think looking to Jesus is our ministry. Bearing His image will be the result. People who try to "bear the image" sooner or later are more busy with the "bearing" part (and start looking at themselves) than the "Image" part (Jesus). I suppose John the Baptist had the perfect ministry...when Christ came, he went!

Maybe a similar question would be: "Is the ministry 'abiding in Him' or 'being fruitful'?"

Jesus tells us to be more concerned with "abiding in Him" than "bearing fruit". Why? Because "apart from Me you can do nothing" (John 15:5). Yeah, we can do things, but not the things that are valuable to God and that will change the lives of men forever for Gods glory. John 15 is the end of all superficial "Christianity".

I have to think of what Oswald Chambers wrote:

“A missionary is someone sent by Jesus Christ just as He was sent by God. The great controlling factor is not the needs of people, but the command of Jesus. The source of our inspiration in our service for God is behind us, not ahead of us..the Lord Jesus Himself”

Just a quick thought..

Blessings, Paul

2005/5/20 13:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy