SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prayer and support for Ken Miller

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread

Re:

Thanks Todd, that's all I was saying.

Regarding Florists and Cake Shops, the law states that no-one can be refused service based on race, religious affiliation or sexual orientation. If a christian was refused service at a place of business because they were a christian, this would be considered religious persecution and some of them might even lawyer up and demand their freedoms were protected.

2016/3/25 17:31

Re:

Alright. Are we saying that persecution coming to America or persecution occurring in America is an urban myth???

Because I believe that is what I'm hearing. Was Paul Washer off of his rocker when he warned of upcoming persecution coming to America?

Are we saying that persecution is an urban myth. The idea of persecution coming to the United States of America is simply false?

Blaine

2016/3/25 17:36
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Bear- when they start arresting people BECAUSE they are Christians, then I think we have true persecution. When they start arresting pastors for preaching biblical truth, that is also persecution. But that is the same thing as Christianity being outlawed.

And that is when the true church will go underground.

2016/3/25 17:50Profile

Re:

Todd, I agree. Anyone who suggests that Americans are suffering under religious persecution in a wholesale way, right now is more than likely allowing themselves to get caught up in internet paranoia. Once in a while its a good idea to turn off the computer, step outside and discover that things are not as bad as the internet makes them out to be.

Is persecution coming to America? Absolutely, no doubt in my mind...the signs are everywhere. I don't think anyone on this forum would argue with that.

What we are seeing is the continual rise of evil and evil men coming to power. Jesus said this would happen. That wickedness would increase and the love of many would grow cold. As society is transformed from righteous living to wickedness, more and more evil and weak men will come to power and create even more laws that defies Gods laws.

First it was SSM...next it will be a federal law that states that clergy MUST marry gays or suffer prosecution and thats when we will really see civil disobedience that will probably give rise to anti-Christian laws.

And then the persecution will begin!!!

2016/3/25 18:04

Re: Todd

Respectfully brother I do not think that will happen. We will not be arrested simply because we are Christians or that Christianity is outlawed. I believe what will happen will be as Paul Washer detailed it out. We will be arrested because we are enemies of the state. Not because we are Christians.

We will be arrested because we are narrow-minded bigots and not tolerant of others. This I believe is how it will come down. But it will not be so blatantly obvious that we are arrested because we are Christians.

Simply my thoughts. Blaine

2016/3/25 18:06

Re:

Right Blane. In China you can be Christian as long as you are a member of the state registered church. I suspect the same thing here. Be a member of a registered church (501c3) and don't cause any "trouble".

2016/3/25 18:18

Re: Blaine

"We will be arrested because we are narrow-minded bigots and not tolerant of others. This I believe is how it will come down. But it will not be so blatantly obvious that we are arrested because we are Christians."

I haven't listened to Paul Washers sermon but if that is what he says I agree with him and what you said above.

Essentially Hitler did the same thing, it was more than just religious persecution of the Jews, but more of an enemy of the state thing...and that included non-Jews and others. Any destabilizing influence to his power.

2016/3/25 18:32
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Bear wrote:
"We will be arrested because we are narrow-minded bigots and not tolerant of others. This I believe is how it will come down. But it will not be so blatantly obvious that we are arrested because we are Christians."

But if they are doing this to Christians only, it is the same thing as arresting them because they are Christians.

Think about this-- if a church did not have a "head pastor" (which really is not truly biblical anyway) it would be more difficult to target a specific individual. It would be more difficult to target people sitting in a circle and discussing the Word, praying, etc. UNLESS Christianity itself is outlawed.

People don't have to get married in a church- Christians or non-Christians. If the church does not perform marriages to anyone it would take the SSM deal out of the equation. I don't think that is compromising because again I don't see where scripture demands church weddings. It is a matter of being "wise as serpents."

2016/3/25 18:51Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy