Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Holy Week- Tuesday

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Holy Week- Tuesday

Matthew 21:23-27 Now when He came into the temple, the chief priests and the elders of the people confronted Him as He was teaching, and said, “By what authority are You doing these things? And who gave You this authority?” But Jesus answered and said to them, “I also will ask you one thing, which if you tell Me, I likewise will tell you by what authority I do these things: The baptism of John—where was it from? From heaven or from men?”And they reasoned among themselves, saying, “If we say, ‘From heaven,’ He will say to us, ‘Why then did you not believe him?’ But if we say, ‘From men,’ we fear the multitude, for all count John as a prophet.” So they answered Jesus and said, “We do not know.”And He said to them, “Neither will I tell you by what authority I do these things."

Jesus never went out of his way to explain Himself. He did not do it with the rich young ruler and he did not do it here.

I am reminded of AW Tozer's admonition in "The Revival Hymn" compilation- that we don't need to go around apologizing for God.

I find myself too often trying to apologize for God but to my shame I am often guilty of expecting an explanation, if not an apology FROM God. But He is not going to explain- at least not when what He has spoken is plain. Willful ignorance because we do not want to believe something that God has spoken because it will cost us something (like the Pharisees) will never elicit further explanation. An honest inquiry may. Both Mary and Zecharias asked "how can this be" but only one was struck dumb.

2016/3/22 15:47Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy