SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The altar is not an all you can eat restaurant

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

The altar is not an all you can eat restaurant

I give you rags, you give me wedding garments. I give you ashes, you give me beauty. I give you dry bones, you give me flesh. I give you sadness , you give me joy. I give you a spirit of heaviness , you give me a spirit of praise. I give you my failures, you give me a way ahead. I give you my temptations, you give me a way of escape. I give you my anxiety, you give me a peace that surpasses understanding.I give you lies, you give me truth. I give you my ambitions, you give me satisfaction. I give you past hurts, you give me reconciliation. I give you my wounds, you bind them up and they are healed. I give you my perversions, you give me purity.I give you my heart and my soul and all that is within me holding nothing back . It is painful and humiliating to come before your alter with only these things Lord. Brothers and sisters, the altar has always been a place of sacrifice, we have turned into an ” all you can eat bar,” where one simply chooses what one wants. God have mercy on us and restore a right spirit within us.....bro Frank

Isa 61:3 to appoint to those who mourn in Zion, to give to them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the mantle of praise for the spirit of heaviness; so that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of Jehovah, that He might be glorified.

2016/3/22 13:21
mannahouse

Re: The altar is not an all you can eat restaurant

Thank you for this brother. It is a fearful thing to die and painful but that is the only way that leads to life.
I am encouraged by your posts.

2016/3/23 11:27Profile

Re:

Thank you Shawn, I appreciate the encouragement ...........bro Frank

2016/3/23 13:50

Re: The altar is not an all you can eat restaurant

I agree with this prayer. "Lord have mercy on us and restore a right spirit within us."
"Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Do not cast me from your presence
or take your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit to sustain me.

Then I will teach transgressors your ways
and sinners will turn back to you.
Save me from blood guilt, O God,
the God who saves me,
and my tongue will sing of your righteousness.

O Lord, open my lips
and my mouth will declare your praise.
You do not delight in sacrifice,
or I would bring it;
you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings.

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit;
a broken and contrite heart,
O God, you will not despise. Psalm51

We must pray this as the body of Christ. Have mercy on us, Lord.
L

2016/3/23 14:08

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy