SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : A WATERED-DOWN HALF-GOSPEL by David Wilkerson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 A WATERED-DOWN HALF-GOSPEL by David Wilkerson

A watered-down half-gospel is an abomination to the Lord. You see, I could write to you saying, “Jesus loves you and wants to bless you. He wants you to enjoy your life. He desires to give you miracle after miracle.”

But that is only half the truth of the gospel. The whole gospel also includes warnings against the deceitfulness of sin. It includes repentance and godly sorrow, preparation for persecution, and a yearning for the coming of Christ. Scripture tells us in no uncertain terms, “Follow . . . holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord” (Hebrews 12:14). The gospel of Christ always confronts man and then brings comfort to him. It will never accommodate the likes of sinful men.

Yes, Jesus ministered miracles. He delivered up bread and meat to the multitudes. But the day came when He no longer performed or preached miracles. Instead, He told His followers, “Unless you eat My flesh and drink My blood, you have no part in Me.”

I am not a prophet, but the Holy Spirit has led me to deliver some prophetic messages that have been considered by many to be too hard. Some people have called me a doomsday preacher. And I readily admit I’ve preached some messages that caused me to walk right out the church doors, go home, and weep. Yet this was all because of one verse: “He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the Lord” (Proverbs 17:15).

Occasionally after a service, I will put on earphones and replay the message I just preached. And sometimes I tremble as I listen, asking the Lord, “Oh, God, did I cross a line? Did I condemn your righteous saints here? Did I unconsciously wound your servants?” On other occasions, I ask, “Jesus, did I preach only half of Your gospel in this sermon? Did I give a sermon that makes people feel good about their sins? Did I give them false comfort by watering down Your call to turn from iniquity?”

The only hindrance to His gospel is the unbelief in our hearts.

2016/3/18 9:06Profile
Fatherschild

Ontario

Re: A WATERED-DOWN HALF-GOSPEL by David Wilkerson

Dear brother Greg - God’s anointing is upon SI ministry and God confirms this is so. God’s anointing upon DW’s ministry is such a blessing to so many souls. I am thankful for the daily posts in this section and thank God for your faithfulness to post these precious gems. Immediately after reading this excerpt I was led me to an audio sermon by brother David in another stream (not here, though the sermon is here as well). It lines up perfectly with todays message. It is titled “The Ministry of Refreshing Others” Blessings and glory in the Lord.

http://ia600809.us.archive.org/4/items/SERMONINDEX_SID14605/SID14605.mp3

2016/3/18 11:13Profile

Re: A WATERED-DOWN HALF-GOSPEL by David Wilkerson

Dear brothers and sisters,
After pondering several posts today, the Lord is making some things clear to me.

Brother David Wilkerson was not perfect and if you listen to many of his sermons, you hear different seasons and times in his life, but I believe there is always a deep consistency because he was a man who waited on God and spent probably many years weeping and travailing and on his face before the Lord. He never deviated from the whole message from God, grace, mercy and wrath.

Today Greg posted a message from Gary Wilkerson, David's son. Forgive me if I'm not being fair to him, but I sensed the grace and mercy message without the trembling and humble message his father spoke time and time again, just as it is spoken of here "Unless you eat My flesh and drink My blood, you have no part in Me." Jesus said this to all those who loved his grace and mercy, miracles and compassion. Most walked away then and many still walk away after experiencing his grace and mercy and miracles.

Another message today was given by Frank McEleny (appolos) which spoke of the discipline and chastening of God in a believer's life that brings refinement and maturity. "My Own Death" under Devotional Thoughts, started by David Winter.docs)
What Frank wrote there was very convicting and in the order of many who are archived on SI.

This seems to be the divide in believer's lives now. Loving God's grace and mercy and compassion, but taking lightly the discipline of God.

And really, but we do know when we are straying from or getting closer to Him, decreasing that He might increase, as John the Baptist said, and living for self or dying to self. Obedience is not an automatic as some would veer towards, neither is it going to send us to hell when we disobey if we truly love Him. We can be forgiven but have to live most times with the consequences of our disobedience even after we are saved, as Frank wrote so eloquently.
I love God's grace by which I'm saved but I also fear the Righteous Judge Jesus as seen in Revelation.

I am not very smart or intellectual, but this great Divide is becoming clearer and clearer to me as the days pass swiftly by. I thank God for those of you here who struggle and trust at the same time, who fear God but love Him without knowing all the answers. And the Word warns us: "So if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall." ! Cor. 10:12

We must be so vigilant, diligent and humble in this walk with Him. Please pray for me. I am praying for all of you. I've come to recognize so many names. I thank God for all of you.

In Jesus,
Leslie

2016/3/22 21:00
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

Beautiful posts, all of you :) Singing hallelujahs as I make my grilled cheese - To God be the glory

2016/3/29 1:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy