SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : THE UNSTOPPABLE GOSPEL by David Wilkerson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 THE UNSTOPPABLE GOSPEL by David Wilkerson

“If we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world” (1 Corinthians 11:31–32). So, how are we to judge ourselves, as Paul says to do?

Here is the criterion by which I constantly judge myself: I ask, “Have I in any way hindered the gospel of Christ?” We know that the world cannot hinder the gospel, but the fact is, we who preach it can. Paul judged himself on this matter, writing, “[I] suffer all things, lest [I] should hinder the gospel of Christ” (1 Corinthians 9:12).

The apostle is telling us, in essence, “I have to be careful about how I present the gospel. If I’m materialistically minded, or if I harbor covetousness or lust, I cannot possibly represent Christ accurately. It would cause a hindrance to the gospel I present. No, the way I live has to be a part of the gospel I preach.”

Consider the Corinthians in Paul’s time. They were bringing fancy foods to the feast table, while the poor among them didn’t have any food at all. Paul told them, in so many words, “You’re not really concerned about the needs of Christ’s Body if your eye is fixed only on how to better your own life. You simply can’t be focused on God’s concerns if you don’t care whether your brother has enough money for his next meal.”

Any works or ministry that’s done with such a mind-set won’t endure the Lord’s holy fire. Large numbers, successful methods, and monumental achievements won’t mean anything in that hour because God judges the motives of the heart. The question we have to ask ourselves today is, “Am I doing this for recognition? To be somebody? To secure my own future, with no regard for my brothers or sisters in need?”

Make no mistake: The gospel of Jesus Christ goes forth unhindered, mighty and unstoppable. But this happens only when it is preached and taught in its fullness. It has to be delivered in the context of “the whole counsel of God.” As Paul says, “I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God” (Acts 20:27, italics mine).

2016/3/17 7:39Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: THE UNSTOPPABLE GOSPEL by David Wilkerson

Amen!

This is such a good word and is so true, how often we are distracted and miss opportunities to minister Christ in His fullness.

Happened to me just yesterday where a client was a prime candidate to receive the gospel and I missed the opportunity presented to me because rather than relate her to Christ I related myself to her circumstance. So rather than she being set free from it, I unwittingly confirmed her in it :(

But today is a new day with fresh opportunities so may we all walk worthy and be instant to give an answer for the hope within us.

2016/3/17 10:09Profile
brothagary

Re:

I struggle. With this in finding good fellow ship,,,for instance the Aog, here wher I live are very material focused , even when I found a pastor who left the Aog ,and started a interdenonational fellowship , he preaches some good bible teachings , but after being a friend on Facebook for some time , most of his posts are focused on showing of his big house and wanting to go on Greek island cruises and going to dinner ,, ,,,,,out of the over flow of the heart the mouth speaks ,, more of the current active members here on sermon index ,are more focused on the gospel and expressing biblical truths at every opatunity ,,,, speaking about denying our selves is one thing ,but living that life ,is another thing ,,,,who cares about Greek island cruises ,and fancy dinners ,and flash big houses ,,,,Jesus didn't ,he warned about covetousness , mans life does not consist of what he has ,what if he gains the whole world but loses his soul ,,,,due the fact that the love of money and possessions are a huge stumbling block , we need to be on Gard ,on what image we reflect to others Christians , so we do not Incourage materialism , in weak minded brethren ,

Our life needs to exhibit Christs life ,to match or words ,which should be gods words , especially as teachers or pasters , or as maturing saints ......

2016/3/17 20:52Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy