Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : A Sister In Christ, Introduction

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
TexasJuneBug

Boerne, Texas

A Sister In Christ, Introduction

Hello!

My name is Peggy. I am a 35 year old, Christ following, people loving, homeschooling mom of 3 (11, 13, and 17). I live in the Texas Hill Country where I work in childcare at the church I attend and teach classes through my homeschool co-op. My walk with Christ has been enriched by the audio sermons on this site since I stumbled upon it several years ago, but I only submitted to register an account yesterday. I look forward to continue growing in grace and sanctification as my Lord, uses the tools on this site alongside His Word and the believers in my life to mold me in the image of His Son, that on that day of the great banquet in the sky, I may found with oil in my lamp, fit to be His Bride.

My testimony of Salvation:
I grew up in the church, a grand daughter of a Southern Baptist deacon, learned to read in His Word, was baptized at 8, went to a Presbyterian bible school, and studied under an episcopal minister in college. Yet until I was 29 years old, I was only a studier of His Word, a fan of Jesus, devoid of His Spirit to carry out what I had learned. I rebelled against my creator for the years following my mothers death in 2001, struggling with all sorts of sin, anxiety, fear, and suicidal depression. On December 21, 2009, I fell on my face before Jesus, in full recognition of the ugliness of my sin and my need for His grace and mercy and fully surrendered all that I am to Him. From that day forward, I have been sold out for Christ, a Spirit led follower and by His power, a doer of His Word, being sanctified and raised up by Him so that I may be found ready on the day He calls me home. There is still no good in me apart from Him, but today, I know Him because He lives in me and works through me so that others may come to know His unfailing love and saving grace as I have. Today, I know peace in the midst of trials, joy that comes from Him, and Hope that He who began a good work in me will be faithful to complete it.

Have a blessed day!

2016/3/16 10:54Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: A Sister In Christ, Introduction

Quote:
mold me in the image of His Son, that on that day of the great banquet in the sky, I may found with oil in my lamp, fit to be His Bride.

Amen sister. Welcome and a wonderful testimony.

2016/3/16 11:55Profile

Welcome Peggy,
What a joy to hear your redemption story from one so young.It is a joy and encouragement to hear.

From a mom of your generation,
Leslie

Look forward to your insight and input. You are s soldier of the cross homeschooling and teaching you children in the admonition of the Lord along with your hub. So crucial!!

2016/3/16 11:59
BrotherCalton

Botswana

Hallo Sister
Welcome to this gpwonderfull ministry.indeed Christ Jesus is in this place,God is using this ministry to reach the lost,especially ministers can receive good education from here
God bless you
God bless Sermon Index

2016/5/19 3:12Profile
docs

Re: Halleluhah

Hallelujah for that testimony!

TexasJuneBug - now that's a name. PTL!

2016/5/19 8:16Profile
dfella

Canton, Michigan

Re:

Hi Peggy:

Wonderful testimony, thank you for sharing! I trust you will be blessed here at SI and being added to the dear sisters who are already members here.

May you be encouraged in encouraging others.

God Bless!

2016/5/19 9:41Profile
followthelamb

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Re:

Hi Peggy!

A warm welcome to you (and to all those who are new to SermonIndex). 🙏

To share the rallying cry of another sister and dear friend:

For the Lamb!

Brandy

2016/5/19 13:35Profile
Citizenabove

Texas

Wow yes and amen!
So thankful to read your testimony and be able to welcome you to SI! I am also a fairly new member, but I rejoice for you to be part of this fellowship here. Wonderful testimony, and may God bless you further.

and yes, as the sister said,

For the Lamb!! Hallelujah

2016/5/19 20:22Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy