SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : are we Babylon?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

are we Babylon?

when I say "we", I mean the nation, the US, that we live in.

"Babylon"...or more horrifically, the Spirit of Babylon, is the spirit of empire, and "empire" is a driving ill and evil force to subjugate, and to seize and to murder....ALL.

I hear terms bandied about, "leader of the 'free world'", a "Judeo-Christian" nation, but o man, look and perceive, "what is the fruit?".

forgoing one moment the individual sins of the flesh, which seem to inhabit all nations, look at the fruit. a president once called this land, "the shining city on a hill", when he knew good and well, the schemes of man that had PUT him into the highest office of secular leadership. (this is NOT a "political" post, please hear me)

as I've said in my recent postings, God has me slowly walking thru Isaiah...this man, this prophet was indeed caught up in high places with God, Isaiah SAW Messiah Jesus, long before Messiah came in His Earthly Ministry (the Four Suffering Servant Songs, as just one example)

and I came up this Portion of Scripture, an "oracle concerning Egypt"....Chapter 19....and I post it, solely for your individual prayerful consideration.

One could say, "that was meant uniquely FOR Egypt in and around 700 BC", but o man, we surely know that God is the Same, yesterday, today and forever. Egypt was one of the earliest empires, vast armies, cruel and idolatrous, which is the "Spirit of Babylon", just a terrible, anti-Christ "spirit"...meaning if "God is love..." (1 John 4), which GOD IS, then the "spirit of Babylon" is MOST CERTAINLY.....anti-Christ, and hence ripe for judgement, I shall still my keyboard, and put this oracle up, and search your hearts, can this oracle be attributed to our nation?

Isaiah 19:2-15

"And I will stir up Egyptians against Egyptians,
and they will fight, each against another
and each against his neighbor,
city against city, kingdom against kingdom;

and the spirit of the Egyptians within them will be emptied out,
and I will confound[a] their counsel;
and they will inquire of the idols and the sorcerers,
and the mediums and the necromancers;

and I will give over the Egyptians
into the hand of a hard master,
and a fierce king will rule over them,
declares the Lord God of hosts.

And the waters of the sea will be dried up,
and the river will be dry and parched,

and its canals will become foul,
and the branches of Egypt's Nile will diminish and dry up,
reeds and rushes will rot away.

There will be bare places by the Nile,
on the brink of the Nile,
and all that is sown by the Nile will be parched,
will be driven away, and will be no more.

The fishermen will mourn and lament,
all who cast a hook in the Nile;
and they will languish
who spread nets on the water.

The workers in combed flax will be in despair,
and the weavers of white cotton.

Those who are the pillars of the land will be crushed,
and all who work for pay will be grieved.

The princes of Zoan are utterly foolish;
the wisest counselors of Pharaoh give stupid counsel.
How can you say to Pharaoh,
“I am a son of the wise,
a son of ancient kings”?

Where then are your wise men?
Let them tell you
that they might know what the Lord of hosts has purposed against Egypt.

The princes of Zoan have become fools,
and the princes of Memphis are deluded;
those who are the cornerstones of her tribes
have made Egypt stagger.

The Lord has mingled within her a spirit of confusion,
and they will make Egypt stagger in all its deeds,
as a drunken man staggers in his vomit.

And there will be nothing for Egypt
that head or tail, palm branch or reed, may do."

it is NOT in my heart to be contentious, nor do I have the impetus to engage in a "discussion" on a yea or nay, because I love you. This all goes back to those four dread Words I heard: "i see mushroom clouds".

and as a personal aside, my heart sags and moans with grief, as the apple of my eye, my 20 year old son, and his mother, the wife of my youth, my only wife, both so dear and precious to heart, live in a west coast major metro area.....while the Lord has me hidden in a "kerith ravine", I don't mean to "I, I, I , me, me, me", i'm just sharing my lonely journey with God, and I thank God for any saint that deigns to pray for my little brood.

We have, as a nation, become Babylon.

with no "joy" do I type those words, in fact, this last Friday, I failed my brothers, in that on Friday at 6 PM, my body weak, I feel asleep, and missed joining the saints that brothers Blaine, Greg, and Frank have assembled, and awoke at midnite, just stricken with my own unprofitability in missing this most blessed ministry of prayer, forgive me you beloved brethren, neil

2016/3/16 1:54
docs

Re: Not Babylon itself but part of it

I would think Babylon - the Babylonish world system - is the product of all the efforts of man to build the city of man coming from all the wicked evil of imaginations that gave rise to the thopught of building outside of God's blueprint. Not one single nation or sytems can be designated as "the" Babylon but all nations and men involved in promoting and maintaining the world system have been part of Babylon or the city of man. The Babylonish system will have a final manifestation in the last of the last days as it finally appears in one more brazen manifestation against God's everlasting covenant. Jerusalem is to become the great whore because of her compliance with and adherence to the world sytem whereas she was supposed to have been the beacon of God's light and righteousness through the ages but instead became adulterous and fell into league with the Babylonish system. The mystery of godliness was bodily manifested as Jesus was revealed in the flesh and vindicated in the Spirit and proclaimed among the nations and rose to former glory (I Tim 3:16). Likewise, the mystery of iniquity will manifest itself bodily in the flesh at the end of the ages as the Antichrist becomes the head so to speak of the Babylonish system. Yet this Babylon upon which immense wrath will be poured is not just a single system (or specifically America) at the end of the ages but actually this final system will just be a final showing and expression of the city of man which has always existed among men who build in autonomy from God.

"Hardly enough could be said about Gen 3:15. It is the seed bed, not only of the gospel but of the whole comprehensive mystery of God that is finished with the 7th trumpet (Rev 10:7). The two seeds establish the two lines of men by which the plan of redemption can be traced from beginning to end. It is more than Messiah and Satan. It anticipates the line of the ungodly making up the city of man, mystery Babylon, and the line of the children of the Spirit who are headed up in the Messiah who form corporately the city of God, the heavenly Zion." (Reggie Kelly)

2016/3/16 7:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy