SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A Public Apology

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

A Public Apology

My Brothers and Sisters,

Brother Greg is encouraging the new members to read and agree to the community guidelines that govern this forum. I thought I should go back and review those guidelines myself. And as I did so I find myself sorely convicted.

I wish to humbly apologize to any brother or sister whom I may have offended by my posts. There are times I get passionate in my posting. But that does not give me the right to offend anybody unnecessarily. If I have offended anybody. Please accept my heartfelt apology. If there is something that you need to discuss with me privately where I have grieved you. Then please contact me at [email protected].

Brothers and sisters one of the things that was recommended in the guidelines is that we pray before we post. Actually that is a good matto, pray before we post. Let us ask ourselves will this post edify the body? Then read our post again. Then pray again. Will this post edify the body? If we do these simple exercises. Then our posts can become much more edifying.

I have visited other Christian forums. I believe Greg is blessing us by allowing us the freedom to post as long as we do it in a Christ-centered way. This forum by far tops of the other forums I have looked at. My brothers and sisters let's keep Sermonindexnet forum a top forum by policing ourselves and keeping our posts Christ-centered and edifying.

I want to say that I respect each person in this forum. You bring a lot to the table. And for those new members that are joining us. We look forward to your contributions.

Respectfully posted in gentleness.

Brother Blaine

Edited for typos.

2016/3/14 13:29

Re: A Pulbic Apology

Good word Blaine

2016/3/14 13:31

Re:

Thank you Jeff. Now I just need to practice what I preach. Actually brother I was preaching more to myself.

Brother Blaine

2016/3/14 13:35
dougr777

Re: A Public Apology

Great words brother. I good reminder for myself as I post topics for discussion that edify and bring Glory to God.

2016/3/14 13:36Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Brother blaine,

The Spirit and attitude you are expressing is that of Christ and denying yourself for others. This is the reason why SermonIndex forums can be salt and light because of brethren like you that choose the way of the cross in the small things and show love to the brethren.

here is the community rules for those who have not read them or want to review: https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=44556&forum=13

2016/3/14 13:39Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Honestly Bear we may disagree at times but I am never offended by your posts.

I appreciate your reminder, however.

2016/3/14 13:48Profile

Re:

Likewise Todd. Brother I know we have spirited disagreements. But I am never offended by what you post. Actually you challenge me to stay on my toes. :-) And that is always good.

Bro Blaine

2016/3/14 13:50
docs

Your posts

Your posts have increasingly become for me the type and attitude I want to display toward others. I'm wondering why you're apologizing because if the rest of us can carry your spirit we won't be doing so bad I'm thinking.

2016/3/14 14:37Profile
billy1980

Tennesse-

I have enjoyed your posts dear brother, and was blessed to meet you a few years ago as well.

2016/3/14 19:26Profile
Jeremy221

Hi Blaine,

I'm concerned that your conscience is telling you apologize for something you know you said in the wrong spirit but your pride is preventing you from asking forgiveness from the person or persons who you believe you have offended.

Rather than brokenness, I am seeing some self righteousness. Only a short part at the beginning of your post is the apology, the rest is flattery and teaching.

We have had other frequent contributors who have come to this place, made a nonspecific repentance and then taken a break where God has brought them into humility and removed their desire to be preachy for themselves. Their famboyant, outspoken personas are replaced with a desire not to be in the limelight. Upon returning to fellowship, they don't have to speak in every discussion or fight for their cause.

God is faithful brother.

~Jeremy221

2016/3/15 13:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy