SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Youtube Bans Movie Chased

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Jeff, please let me clarify myself, I used "drama king" for lack of a better word. Jeff, I'm just a good ol country boy, so I don't have all those college educated words in my vocabulary, so sometimes I have to use the only words I'm familiar with. I actually had to look up the word "conjecture" thank God that the Lord knows our hearts, because sometimes people can take our words wrong, especially with many Christians, they will be the first to condemn us. :-)
Sorry
Mr. Bill

2016/3/22 13:10Profile

Re:

Mr. Bill I relate to you. My grandfather was a Louisiana sharecropper who had two Jenny's. He ploughed with one and raised cotton. And he rented the other one out. He was actually the richest sharecropper in Winn Parish. Or so the story goes. :-)

Juat to say breaux I can appreciate being from the country. Half my family are Louisiana sharecroppers and the other half are Cajuns.

Your breaux here.

2016/3/22 13:17
jtroester

Springfield, MO United States

Re: Questions about Chased

Greetings brothers,

I am Josh Troester the Director and Producer of Chased. A friend of mine tipped my attention to this thread. I read through your dialog and I see that there may be an advantage to clarifying some matters relating to the film.

I want to open the opportunity to dialogue with you about this film. Please feel free to ask what you would like to know.

I appreciate your support and prayers, as God continues to use this film to fulfill His purposes.

2016/3/26 2:01Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Hi Josh thanks for stopping in! Really enjoyed your film- in a sobering sort of way. A friend I shared it with said he was "speechless."

My big question is if you have any insight why YouTube banned the film when they obviously allow tons of Christian content.

2016/3/26 7:37Profile

Re: Josh

Josh greetings in Jesus.

Brother I would like to welcome you to Sermonindexnex. I hope you have opportunity to dialogue with our brother and the admistrator of this forum, Greg Gordon. I believe that Greg would love to speak with you regarding the matter of persecution. Particularly since it may come up on the church in North America.

My name is Blaine Scogin. Actually brother we are in the same area of the nation. I am about 200 miles south of you in Little Rock, Arkansas. I originated this thread. Your video was brought to my attention by a sister on my prayer call.

I facilitate a national prayer call where we pray for the persecuted church and the global Harvest of souls. So naturally the video spoke to our hearts. And as such I opened up this thread to speak to the matter of persecution.

I think I understand what you're seeking to do through the video. Your intention is to bring the message of the global persecuted Church to us in America. I think it is unique what you have done. In other words, how would we as American Believers live out the reality of Christ if Christianity were illegal here as it is in places like North Korea or Eritrea. Brother I believe you have done a marvelous job in conveying this message in a 33 minute video.

If I have not understood this message then please instruct me. My heart is for the persecuted church. Persecution Watch, the call I facilitate has prayed for the persecuted church for over five and a half years. As well as called out for the global harvest of souls.

Brother I would love to speak with you and dialogue with you on a more personal level. I would love to have you come on one of her prayer calls and share your heart. I'm enclosing my contact information at the bottom of this post.

Would it be possible to speak with you this coming week. If so please contact me at the information below. I believe if you come on one of our prayer calls you will find a very friendly audience. We are people who love the persecuted church and pray for them. We would love to hear your heart and your message.

Please feel free to contact me anytime. Also please forgive me if I have erred in understanding your message or your intent. I look forward to the dialogue you will have with the members of this forum.

Your brother in Christ,

Blaine Scogin
Moderator Host Persecution Watch
[email protected]

2016/3/26 7:53

Re: Youtube Bans Movie Chased

Brother Blaine,
its sat after our conference call church, I JUST watched "Chased", and oh my, a diamond bullet thru the forehead. Brother Frank MAYBE told you I was involved in that "world" professionally for most of my adult life, and I am OUT now, so I can say, that what Josh, (and Nathan and Emily and that whole LEAN crew) did with what they had, was the height of professionalism (anointed).

the reason I had waited so long, was when I heard BEFORE about "Christian" film making, the end result was always sub par, God love them , but minor league talent, actors ACTING, sub par film writing, and shot selection, lighting, scoring, etc....so naturally I was hesitant, but Josh and the whole gang at 7:13 productions are the real deal.

and Blaine, I mean, its SO OBVIOUS, why youtube "banned them....the film was done right, that's why it was banned, it becomes "dangerous"...and they can't have THAT!

God love you, my bro....

i'm going to write Josh next commending him.

2016/3/26 10:33

Re: Blaine/Tim..."dialogue"

Blaine, you wrote:

Quote:
Tim I agree. Thought I would see more dialogue myself.

I understand what you both are saying, and I am no "spokesman" for Josh, or Emily Weaver, wrote the film, or any of the production team at "7:13", but let me tell why i9 think that Josh made this 'choice', and it was very very astute and powerful choice based on artistic, financial and technical concerns, the way I see it, because I "been there".

Having a film done solely in VO, (voice over) is a risky proposition, but in this case, it worked, it gave the film "gravitas"....but before that, lets just say, yeh, they made the decision to go with scripted scenes.

here would be the problem in their situation, limited resources, limited time and limited talent pool. i'll explain...first, the KEY to "acting" is NOT to "act", but to just "be", and forget the camera is there. it sounds easy, but its really hard for a lot of folks.....when that camera starts rolling, less is more....and they are in Springfield MO.

lets say, they wrote a 3 page scene with 4 people sitting at a dinner table INSIDE....and all 4 people have some dialogue. What the director and director of photography have to decide is something called "coverage", and this is what provides the film editor(which Josh the director also does, the film art form, we also have this meme, a director who can "cut(edit) on his feet") with "pieces" so he can cut the scene together later.

traditionally, they start with what is called "the master", which would be a wide shot of all 4 people at the table, and all 4 actors run the scene...."cut"...then they might need two more takes....THEN, you move into more coverage, lets say the man at the head of the table is the emotional center of the scene, you then do what's called a "single" on that actor, its really a form of close up, it can a medium close up, encompassing from his hands on the table to the just a little above his nead...OR come in CLOSER, just his face...OR do a medium single at a rake, from the side...and maybe several more takes...or you do a "two shot", which is two of those actors at the table both in frame.......or if the director is really ready to risk, he puts the camera handheld, or on a Steadicam, and revolves around the table, trying to catch each actor, when they speak.

my whole point is, a FILMED scripted scene is incredibly complex and time consuming , just by itself, let alone a whole film.....while using voice over narrative can allow you the freedom to operate with limited time and resource....and yet still make a PROFESSIONAL, impacting film with a limited budget and CREW.

too long, Christian films to me, have been know as "amateurish"....not this film, this is a 5 star film, and that's what threatens the likes of youtube.

2016/3/26 11:46

Re: Blaine/Tim..."dialogue"

Brother Neal thank you so much for your professional insights regarding this video. If Josh comes back and looks at this thread I'm sure he will be much to encouraged by what you had to say.

Brother again thank you.

Brother Blaine

2016/3/26 12:07
Jeremy221

Re: Welcome Joshua!

I want to welcome you to Sermon Index. This is a gem of the internet.

I would like to review the facts and give you a chance to expand, clarify and share what happened from your point of view.

I have read several accounts of the events surrounding the removal and subsequent refusal to host your film.

Based on what I read, the film was uploaded to YouTube and initially viewable to only to a membership-only group of people.

Soon thereafter, the status was changed to unlisted. This means that the only way to view the film was with a direct link. You could not find the film using the YouTube search feature. At this point only people who had gotten the link via message or email were able to view it. So the viewers where friends and friends of friends of the project.

In this unlisted stage, someone viewed it and hit the "Flag," or Report, button. This system allows any user or computer controlled bot to file a complaint. These complaints are not about copyright issues, that is a completely different system.

This is a video by a popular YouTuber and his experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBtVVMrjy68. (8 minutes)

So to sum up so far, the film was flagged before it was openly available on YouTube. Someone didn't like it for some reason or, like what was mentioned in the above link, a computer program may have erroneously flagged it.

Joshua, is all of this accurate so far?

So your next option was to appeal the flag. In the YouTube system you are extremely limited in how much you can say, I think it's about 300-1000 characters (letters, punctuation and spaces). That's almost nothing.

If you decide to try to find out more information from YouTube, it is extremely difficult. Even well known YouTube creators who are bringing in tons of ad revenue for the company need good connections to get any answers. The system is designed to work like one of those automated phone answering systems you come across when you call large corporations where you have to talk to a computer before getting to a real person. The difference is that it is almost impossible to talk to a real person in YouTube.

Many YouTube producers are members of YouTube media networks. These networks assist their members for a share of their ad revenue. As a result they provide support and protection in dealing with flagging and copyright claims. However, even having this support may not be enough.

Joshua, are you part of one of these networks?

So you made your appeal and someone, or something, reviewed the video and upheld the strike. Because the system only allows one appeal, you were not able to escalate it nor get any real answers.

At this point you decided to try to host the video on Vimeo.

Can you explain why you needed to get a Pro membership?

In the description on Vimeo, it shows that you have decided to make the film available on DVD versus freely downloadable from the site.

Can you explain your thinking on this?

Based on the figures shared about the funds donated by the church you are serving with and the money raised through the KickStarter campaign, the budget was about $1500 short. Did that come out of your pocket?

Can you give us an update on how things have progressed since the original post on this thread a few weeks ago?

Finally, can you share about any future projects God has put on your heart at this time?

Thank you for making yourself available. He is Risen!

2016/3/26 13:01Profile

thank you Blaine

hey beloved, as I just wrote Greg, I do believe i'm the only 25 year plus card holding SAG member on this forum, although I am retired from the whole "LA scene".....and Josh, you ever read this, and if you can use me, my email is on my profile, i'll tell you everything, coz I think you , Emily and Nathan are world class....and I have no need of "silver", nor "fame", hence i'm not tickling your ear my brother.

"Persecution?"....I was a nine year old Jewish boy in synagogue when I saw Renais's 28 minute holocaust doc, "Night and Fog"....wasn't scared, wasn't mad, just thought..."okay, its on, that's the way it gonna be"...which is the trouble with a lot of north Americans Christians, they're all "white market" with a misinterpreted Romans 13 pounded into their heads...in a "persecuted church" scenario in N. American, give me Blood washed, sanctified ex-drug dealers any day of the week, because they KNOW how to operate "black market coyote style".....LOVED the film! but us just cowering in a trio in a basement?

sorry, we wont even be near that basement, we will be watching them from afar, clocking them, and in OUR walk to Fear God, we will at His Will, put the fear of God in them, when they fall into our hands, these servants of satan, when their masters, find them in the morning, hung upside down nailed to a tree, such is what is what is meant, "shrewd as a snake, innocent as a dove", or as the Lord commanded, "in the last days, trade your cloak, buy a sword"...it is done Jesus, and is being done.

sell my life?...with pleasure, but it wont be easy and certainly wont be cheap to these servants of satan......write that script my dear brother...oh my, that'll stir all the denizens of hell, you put such to film.

in the last ..say 20 years, besides "Chased", I've seen two Faith based films which have made a tremendous impact on my soul, one of which was instrumental into bringing me to Messiah Jesus and that was Robert Duvalls "The Apostle"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQe1Kehx110

and Denzel Washington in "The Book of Eli", I know personally that Denzel is a follower of Jesus and loves Him, and that is the ONLY reason this film was "greenlighted"...I link the ending, it is beautiful and makes me cry (which is why I have stashed and hidden a case of hard backed Bibles)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSmFDn06rvs

much love, neil

2016/3/26 13:13

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy