SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Youtube Bans Movie Chased

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
tonysmith

Reigate, Surrey, UK

Re: Youtube Bans Movie Chased

Just watched the movie.
Very well made, cant help but think we take our freedom for granted here in the UK.
Thanks for bringing the film to our attention.

2016/3/11 11:12Profile

Re:

Tony you are very welcome brother. Given the fact that YouTube has banned this movie. I don't know how much longer it will be up on Vinero. That is why I'm urging all to watch it as long as the movie is available.

As soon as I get home I intend to watch it again. I agree. It is very well made. I think the young man who made this movie is a breed of young videographers who are seeking to get the message of Christ out through video. I would liken this video in quality as Sheep Among Wolves. That documentary was very well made. And it too speaks of the persecuted church.

Blaine

2016/3/11 11:33

Re:

Wow brother! That was powerful.

For those who may be inclined to pre-judge this short film, or think it plays into "sensationalism", "manipulation", "speculation", "fear-mongering", (I only use those terms because I have heard them before) etc., please hear me out: this was powerful. Not only powerful because it was good & exceptionally well done, but powerful because outside of geography & cultural differences, this has taken place for decades, even centuries in Rome, in ancient Roman Catholic controlled Europe, in historical Germany, Romania, USSR, etc. & in modern day Congo, Sudan, Eritrea, Philipines, Indonesia, China, Vietnam, Burma/Myanmar, & almost all of the Middle East, etc.

This reminds me of some VOM, OpenDoors, etc. things I have seen before but put in modem Anerican terms. Please Don't let that cause the hearts of some to over analyze, criticize, fault find, etc. with it, but to open your heart to understand Hebrews 13:3 & more aptly put yourself in the shoes of so many who have gone before us & are still facing this type reality every day.

That was powerful. Vimeo is usually better than YouTube about allowing Free speech in these things. YouTube removing this is astounding to me.

May God use this to touch hearts for His persecuted church!
In Christ,
Jeff

2016/3/11 13:40
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I agree it was very well done.

But I do wish someone would provide a reasonably possible "path" how this could happen in the US in the next 20 years or so. I could see it happening if Muslims took over but I don't see that happening. I am talking about systematic persecution and killing of Christians by the US govt as depicted in the movie.

Not trying to start a huge debate- just asking a question.

2016/3/11 14:08Profile

Re:

Brothers and sisters I just watched this video again and tears sting my eyes. Probably the reason it hits me so is I pray for the persecuted church. I read the profiles of those who lay down their lives daiky for the Lord Jesus Christ in this day and age. This video so depicts the spirit of the persecuted church. The credits say that Chased was inspired by stories of the underground Church.

Dear saints if you have not seen this video please see it. For it may not remain on Vimero very long.

Brother Blaine

2016/3/11 17:09
brothagary

Re:

Very touching movie , I get much more out of this compared movies like war room , for one is biblical ,the other Christian cultururalism

2016/3/11 17:47Profile

Re: Why Chased?

This is taken from the movie's website. It is entitled, Why Chased?
-------
In America, persecution, real persecution, is an afterthought. Under the guardianship of our freedom we have the right to practice religion we so choose. This is not the case for many around the world, who suffer daily, yet continue their relentless pursuit of Christ in the face of death.

The vision for "Chased" started with me, Josh Troaster. I was on a late-evening run in my neighborhood in the summer of 2014. When I was dreaming of what project I felt God wanted me to tackle in 2015. I felt a strong impression to produce a short film coupled with a dramatic story of the underground church.

I immediately began assembling the core team and researching the stories of those who meet in secret places to conduct worship services. We wrote the story and now we have embarked on the journey to capture it.

"Chased" is not a documentary. It is a fictional story that begs the question, "What if church was illegal here?" For those of us in the Western World, this will be a startling call to reality. A call to us to listen to the voices of those that struggle daily to live out the Christian faith.

My Hope is that "Chased" serves to educate us, and bring awareness to the challenges that our brothers and sisters in Christ are faced with in the underground church. What does it feel like to be constantly chased by your own government... The very government that is supposed to keep you safe? What does it feel like knowing that if you are caught your life is not in your own hands? What does it mean... really truly mean... To be chased?

--------

Dear saints I hope with his explanation above, you will be inspired to watch this marvelous video.

Brother Blaine

2016/3/11 17:52

Re:

My brother Gary. Dear brother dare I ask which one you consider biblical? :-)

Bro Blaine

2016/3/11 17:57
brothagary

Re:

One is book of acts imagery. Chased..

The other is really American Christianity .

2016/3/11 18:09Profile

Re:

I would so agree my brother. I would so agree.

Bro Blaine

2016/3/11 18:11

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy