Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : There is power at His Throne

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
followthelamb

In Christ

Online!
 There is power at His Throne

"On a trip to a neighboring island, I found the people were very cold and stiff. Calling for some men to come over and pray I particularly requested that a young man named Donald accompany them. Donald, who was seventeen years old, had been recently saved and then baptized in the Holy Spirit on a hillside about two weeks later.

As we were in the church that night, Donald was sitting toward the front with tears falling from his face onto the floor. I knew he was in touch with God in a way that I was not, so I stopped preaching and asked him to pray. Donald rose to his feet and said, "I seem to be gazing into an open door and see the Lamb in the midst of the throne and the keys of death and hell on His waist." Then he stopped and began to sob. After he composed himself, he lifted his eyes toward heaven, raised his hand, and said, "God, there is power at Your throne. Let it loose!"

The power of God immediately fell on the congregation. On one side of the room, the people threw up their hands, put their heads back and kept them in that position for two hours - something that is normally hard to do for ten minutes much less two hours. On the other side the people were slumped over, crying out for mercy. Five miles away, the power of God swept through a village to the extent that there was hardly a house that didn't have someone saved that night."

- Duncan Campbell

2016/3/10 20:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy