SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : When we talk about revival...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
havok20x

Pineville, LA

When we talk about revival...

How many times have we heard or said, "We need a revival!"? It is heart-felt and soul-stirring to think about that, but I asked myself the question the other day, "I know that we need revival, but a revival of what?"

When I talk about Revival, I really, really focus on the Scriptures. If we're going to have a revival, we have got to get back to believing the Scriptures and doing what they say without making all sorts of excuses why the "cultural-context" makes it inapplicable to our own selves.

I also focus on the Gospel. I believe that if we are going to have a revival that we must learn to declare the whole Gospel (as opposed to just telling people Jesus loves them and wants them to go to heaven...the end) and see the manifestation of its transforming power in our lives.

However, I am only one member of the body. What are some specifics that y'all are thinking, whenever you talk about revival?

2016/3/9 13:29Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: When we talk about revival...

The "mini-revival" that changed the course of my walk with the Lord was marked by the overwhelming presence of God where all you could do was bow and sob. And I mean everyone in the room.

I know that is only one element but to me is a vital element and something I have longed for ever since. I have caught glimpses but never to that degree.

2016/3/9 13:35Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

This is from the SermonIndex "About Page" https://www.sermonindex.net/about.php

The work and ministry of SermonIndex can be encapsulated in this one word: Revival. Concepts such as Holiness, Purity, Christ-Likeness, Self-Denial and Discipleship are hardly the goal of much modern preaching. Thus the main thrust of the speakers and articles on the website encourage us towards a reviving of these missing elements of Christianity. This biblical balanced Christianity is something needed desperately today. Unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain (Psalm 127:1). The desire for a Spiritual Awakening (revival in a larger-sense) is close to the heart of this ministry. That we would see God working in such a way that sin would be forsaken, restitution be made, Christ honored and the morality of society even changed.

--

Revival comes down to the reality and presence of God in the life and we see the model of a revived church in the Book of Acts. So our desire is for apostolic Christianity. Book of Acts Christianity. And revival centres around one person the Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus in us by the Spirit of God.

2016/3/9 13:45Profile
EAGLEFLYING

What is revival??
TO me revival is the church being revived.The Psalmist says wont u revive us again?
1 ¶ A prayer of Habakkuk the prophet upon Shigionoth.

Hab 3: 2 O LORD, I have heard thy speech, and was afraid: O LORD, revive thy work in the midst of the years, in the midst of the years make known; in wrath remember mercy. {speech: Heb. r
(KJV)

We all need to be revived. To not be self centered. TO Focus on HIS goals His thoughts His ways. WE know His ways are not out ways nor His thoughts our thoughts . Isa 55:8-9
I pray daily that the LORD would revive me.. In the mininstry He has called me to daily.
2 chron 7:14 14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land

May His fire fall, May His wind BLow over all of His sons and Daughters. May we have Mercy over judgment and see people free from addictions and bondage and salvation.
May we see dancing in the streets and repentance preached from the pulpits. May the LORD have His way in us all and in all the churches.. GOD alone can bring revival but He must be able to move..
May there be a Holy Fear of God again in the churches and May we have another Great awakening.
It starts with us being revived.
Hos 6:2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.
1 ¶ And the angel that talked with me came again, and waked me, as a man that is wakened out of his sleep,
Zec 2:3; Da 8:18
ACC FBN JFB JWN MHC MHCC TSK
2 And said unto me, What seest thou? And I said, I have looked, and behold a candlestick all of gold, with a bowl upon the top of it, and his seven lamps thereon, and seven pipes to the seven lamps, which are upon the top thereof: {a bowl: Heb. her bowl} {seven pipes...: or, seven several pipes to the lamps}
Ex 25:31,37; Re 1:12; 4:5
GBN ACC FBN JFB JWN TSK
3 And two olive trees by it, one upon the right side of the bowl, and the other upon the left side thereof.
Zec 4:11,12; Re 11:4
JFB JWN TSK
4 So I answered and spake to the angel that talked with me, saying, What are these, my lord?
JFB TSK
5 Then the angel that talked with me answered and said unto me, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord.
JFB TSK
6 Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.

(KJV)

In JESUS name
Just some of my heart thoughts about what revival is to me.
Blessings
Frannie

2016/3/9 20:25Profile

Brother Nathaniel,
like this:

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=5675

I don't mean to be short, but the Village Market is having its one day meat sale and sirloin chubs (10-18 pounders) are selling for 2.99 a pound, rib-eyes at 4.99, and brother Josh told me I better get into town quick....one must be wise with money, and always buy wholesale, its my "Joseph ministry" thing....God willing, I wish to LOVINGLY discuss this with you at length, because I have a question I wish to pose to you, which is, what is "The Gospel" (and i'm NOT "setting you up", or "baiting you", God forbid)

much love in Jesus, neil

2016/3/10 8:51
Renee_is_His

Garland, TX

Re:

I have been led of the Lord over the last 5 years to pray for "visitation" - a visitation of His Spirit in my own personal life, and in the lives of others and to His church. My understanding of this is that His visitation in these last days will include the goodness and severity of the Lord. We don't truly have an understanding of the Holiness of God. When I pray that "He would rend the heavens and come down" (Is. 64:1), I tremble in my own spirit. Do we realize what we are asking for when we pray for revival? It will be a glorious time and a fearful time when the Lord visits us personally, and this nation as a whole. I always think of Acts 5:11, when "great fear came upon all the church, and upon all who heard these things" after the deaths of Ananias and Sapphira. We must be willing to receive and believe the Lord as He truly is. May the Lord remember mercy when He judges.

2016/3/10 12:36Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy