SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Considering...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

Considering...

greetings

I wonder if GOD ever gets tired of us telling people "what HE means" instead of pointing them to the BIBLE and letting them read "what HE says" ?

something I am considering today

God bless
Maryjane

2016/3/8 9:32Profile

Re: Considering...

Amen sister, those were my thoughts this morning. There is no substitute for reading the word, which is God's revelation and being led by the Holy Spirit, God inspiration. We live in a day and age where we fall back on other men's thoughts and writings. No matter how good they may be, if that is what has convinced you of a truth then you are in danger. If a man can be reasoned into a truth, then that same man can be reasoned out of it. Yet, when God almighty reveals a truth to a man then he stands upon solid ground...............bro Frank

2016/3/8 10:08

Re:

Amen!

Confession: I am guilty often of speaking Biblically with multiple scriptures as basis in the backdrop of my thinking, but not looking them up & quoting them as I go through something & showing others exactly where/how I came to this through the lens of scripture. It's mostly for times sake that I assume others who are truly people of the Word, who know the Word, & are familiar with it through reading & study will know where I'm coming from.

I don't do this if/when I sit down to formally teach on a subject (in a fellowship setting, with my family in Bible/study time, etc.); in that case I take the time & lay it all out clear to see for everyone the scriptural basis. But just in a passing conversation (which is what a forum is IMHO), I don't take the time to do such.

I hope that doesn't "look" like I'm just "winging it" from my own thoughts/head, but if someone isn't following me & where I'm coming from scripturally, I could see that happening. I should try to be better about that I guess.
Jeff

2016/3/8 10:53

Re:

This is often most clearly seen on my part when I explain something and someone comes back with "I hear what all your thoughts are but I don't see any scripture to back it up". In which case I'm thinking how do you not see the consistency with multiple scriptures in what I'm saying as I'm going along if the word is Planted deeply in your heart & known & handled well by you? But the fact is, I may not always be as easy to follow along with as I think I am (& I am to myself since I know what I'm saying & where I'm coming from & others don't necessarily). Something I need to keep in mind. Teaching is definitely not my gift, but it's still something any man should be apt to do (at least after some number of years in the Word & walking with God), so I personally have to be intentional to sharpen the sword when yielding/explaining things to others. ☺️

2016/3/8 11:00
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings Frank

I agree so very much with what you have shared:)Just now my heart has been so heavy, I find myself on the verge of tears most days. Being in the BIBLE is like a soothing balm to my soul...it quiets my spirit and HE gives me such peace as I read over HIS own WORDS.Often there is so much noise in the world and I just need to tune it all out, get real quiet and listen...That is when I hear HIS voice! And those seeds that HE gives me, those seeds are buried deep in my heart, they are the ones that have taken root and grown so beautifully because they are the ones planted and nurtured by the HOLY SPIRIT!

GOD bless you brother and keep you
maryjane

2016/3/8 11:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy