SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Green Beret Brotherhood...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

Green Beret Brotherhood...

There was an occasion not long ago when some Green Beret “special forces” men were asked to join a mission. They were asked to assist in freeing a country from a ruthless government. A 30-year-old West Point graduate, a captain in the Green Beret, was asked how he and those who had come with him to this foreign land could possibly be trusted. How could they work together with those who were of such a different background? He answered this way: “We needed to develop the bonds of brotherhood. We did that by being shot at together, by being together when things were being blown up around us.”
______

there is NO WAY that any Body of Believers (or individuals) will ever experience what LIFE is truly about—“the Bonds of Brotherhood” in daily Life—unless they are being shot at together. If we are not DOING the Work together—risking job or reputation or promotion, or home or sleep or safety, or comfort, or the affection of pagan (once-born) biological relatives, or our “retirement income,” or even our LIVES for the sake of Jesus and His “ever-increasing Government,” then we’re dying, not Living.

it is important that we are RISKING together...DOING the work together...GETTING SHOT AT TOGETHER.

These except were from a teaching I read recently and I just found myself really pondering what was shared. Some good seeds to be praying about here. Time is short...the battle rages, the work is plentiful, and we warriors of CHRIST need to be ready!! Pray and live unto HIM!!!

God bless
mj

2016/3/4 13:03Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy