SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Gullibility- the great sin of the charismatic church-- by Michael Brown

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Gullibility- the great sin of the charismatic church-- by Michael Brown

http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/in-the-line-of-fire/55548-gullibility-the-great-sin-of-the-charismatic-church

I do think Charisma should be given credit for publishing articles of this nature.

2016/3/3 15:46Profile

Re: Gullibility- the great sin of the charismatic church-- by Michael Brown

Gullible yes, and also many times willfully ignorant or fearfully spineless............bro Frank

2016/3/3 15:51
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
There are preachers on television today who were either exposed or sued for their fraudulent practices (like claiming to receive "words of knowledge" about audience members while the information was actually being relayed via a hidden earpiece), and yet they're still on the air, raking in their money and providing "testimonies" galore to validate their work.

When will we learn?

A horrible and shocking thing has happened in the land: The prophets prophesy lies, the priests rule by their own authority, and my people love it this way. But what will you do in the end? (Jeremiah 5:30-31).

2016/3/3 17:21Profile

Re:

Disgusting. The "Hannaiah's" of Jeremiah's day still exist today. Always prophesying "peace & lies" for greedy gain & the fear of man. Always focused on the temporal too, never the eternal. These "remove the shackles of wood only to fasten iron ones in their place". God will deal with these in His timing, no doubt.

2016/3/3 18:13

Re:

Jeff

You need to calm down This stuff will raise your blood pressure when dealing with those who have a different vantage point as you do. You can learn from us Canadians as we are a calm and reasonable bunch when dealing theological manners (hockey is another thing)

2016/3/3 18:35

Re:

Lol.

Sorry, It's just the truth. Brethren can disagree with on theological matters. But wolves who fleece the flock for their own personal
Financial gain is another issue altogether.

It's "false prophesying" like this that those who want to discredit all prophecy use to "throw out the baby with the bath water." And when I say "false" on stuff like this, I mean clearly false for gain, not just my opinion.

The old sermon from Art Katz, "True Prophets vs False Prophets" does I think a splendid job of laying out the difference.

Yeah, I'm originally from Texas, so it was never hockey. Boxing, Fighting, Football & basketball, but never Hockey. Lol.

God Bless!

2016/3/3 19:48
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

Rev Enue, with all respect, this is one canadian who hates liars in the pulpits; and to those that bid them god-speed, or don't speak up, being man-pleasers or cowards, or lovers of money and not lovers of God not wanting to lose tithes and offerings, (I speak not of the ignorant), deceive their own souls let alone others.

2016/3/3 19:53Profile

Re:

Yeshuasboy

Yes indeed and if you check my history here or on Charismanews you will see
us in close alignment regarding the money preachers, haters of Israel and similar deviant false doctrines and practices. I do use the handle Rev Enue for a reason eh?

2016/3/3 21:06
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

To God alone be the glory

2016/3/3 21:19Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: Gullibility- the great sin of the charismatic church-- by Michael Brown

Another good balanced article by Michael
Brown:

"I stated in my Authentic Fire book that noncharismatics are to be commended for being careful not to be duped and misled, but they often display a cynical, skeptical spirit, which is a weakness. Charismatics, on the flip side, are to be commended for being willing to step out in faith, but we often display an extreme gullibility."

2016/3/3 23:04Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy