Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : JUST SAY YES! by David Wilkerson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 JUST SAY YES! by David Wilkerson

I asked the Lord to open up to me the meaning of Paul’s phrase, “Let us also walk in the Spirit” (Galatians 5:25). As I approached this subject, I prayed, “Lord, make it all clear and understandable to me.” Here is how I believe the Spirit answered me: the golden key to understanding our walk in the Spirit is not complicated. It requires no theological training. In fact, it’s so simple that most of us can’t see it. Yet, if we’re able to grasp this one truth, we can enter into a life that’s free of distress, full of assured direction, and marked by perfect rest. The Spirit impressed on me these three simple words: “Just say yes!”

JUST SAY YES!
As soon as this phrase flashed into my consciousness, I replied, “Lord, that truly is simple. But what does it mean?”

It all goes back to a verse that Paul wrote to the Galatians. The apostle boldly stated, “All the promises of God in him are yea [yes], and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us” (2 Corinthians1:20). According to Paul, walking in the Spirit begins when we give a confident, intractable “divine yes” to all of God’s promises. It means having the unwavering confidence that the Lord will keep every promise in His Book. It is saying, “Father, I have read Your promises, and I say yes to all of them. I believe Your word to me.”

Consider James’ admonition: “Let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord” (James 1:6–7).

Now we know what a “divine yes” is. So, what does Paul mean by the “Amen” in the same verse? The word itself means, literally, “So be it. You can trust it.” In the context of the passage, “Amen” means saying, “I believe Your word to me, Lord. So be it in my life.”

2016/3/3 6:52Profile

Re: JUST SAY YES! by David Wilkerson

Yes and Amen. May it be so in our lives, Lord.

Thanks brother Greg also for your perseverance and your 'yes' to God.
Grace be to you and peace from God our Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ. Praying for you and family.
Sister L

2016/3/3 7:41

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy