SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Soon...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

Soon...

Soon, you will be gone from the earth. 1Peter 1:24

How will you be remembered?

And more importantly: is your name truly written in the Book of Life, by abandonment into His blood AND spirit - having lived a life of obedience and faith, rather than your own way?
Of course, everyone says they are good with that, but Jesus said few will be those who find it -- though many say "Lord Lord."

Soon you will be gone from the earth. Have you truly lived a life of faith and obedience – a life with your heart and mind and mouth and eyes and decisions and priorities and relationships rooted in absolute terms by and of "a Kingdom that is not of this world" in the person of Jesus Christ?

Are you "crucified to the world, AND the world to you"? Is it important to you what CNN and your acquaintances and biological relatives think of you? They won't be long here, either. Their significance is overrated. Only the Book of Life truly matters.

No one knows how long they, or anyone, will be here on earth. Time is accelerating, even as you read and pray through these words.

Are you remaining "in charge" - or is He REALLY in charge of your life and attitudes and decisions and time and resources and relationships -- that your name may be written in the Lamb's Book of Life?

"He who overcomes will thus be clothed in white garments; and I will not erase his name from the book of life, and I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels."

This came in the morning email shared with me and as I read it I felt each question weighing on my own heart. The busy task of day to day living can eat up so much of my time and energy that I am often amazed at how late the hour has gotten. I know each morning I want to wake and have my first thoughts be centered on HIM. I want to ask "where are we going today LORD?" and wait for HIS answer. As HE continues to open my eyes the things of this world that I once use to hold on too or "love" just don't hold the same place in my heart as they once did. Things to cherish, things that matter are those that are tied to HIS KINGDOM. Seeking to love and obey HIM, and love others is the reality I pray to grow in.

God bless
maryjane

2016/2/21 11:47Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy