SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Jesus Son of God or Son of man or both? But not God. . .

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
Elibeth

Re:

Bro. Blaine,

I always appreciate The Scriptures and your thoughts.

Another Scripture,

(Heb.5:5,7,8), "So also Christ glorified not Himself to be made an high priest,
but He that said unto Him,Thou art my Son,today have I begotten thee.

....Vs.7,Who in the days of His flesh,when He had offered up prayers and
supplications with strong crying and tears unto Him that was able to save Him from death,and was heard in that He feared,though He were a Son,yet learned He obedience by the things He suffered.

He came to do His Father's will and speak His Father's Word's

2016/3/20 21:22Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

The son of man is actually a direct reference to his deity

Daniel 7:13
I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him

Mark 13:26
And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.

The hypostatic union is even referenced in the actual greek text with the greek word kurious or Lord which is a direct reference to the word yahweh.

https://larryhurtado.wordpress.com/2014/08/22/yhwh-in-the-septuagint/

Does the Bible Teach that Jesus is Almighty God? Phil Fernandes vs. David Barron
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHIpEnBJXoo

2016/3/22 15:41Profile

Re Elisabeth:

My sister you are so right. He came to do His Father's will and to speak his Father's words.

May God grant that we would do the will of Jesus. And speak his words.

Your brother in Christ,

2016/3/22 15:54
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re: Re Elisabeth:

Titus 2:13
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Verses regarding the deity of Christ
https://carm.org/bible-verses-show-jesus-divine

the deity of jesus in the greek text in the form of nomina sacra
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nomina_sacra

2016/3/22 18:44Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

If Jesus is the Son of God, there is no question He is by birth the express image of God, He is truly God.

If Jesus is the son of Mary, then he is truly man. The two together making Jesus in Himself the God/Man of all the scripture speaks to.

Without this truth of the purpose of the Father to have Immanuel (God with Us), dying in our place on a cross to give us; by Christ being risen from the dead and born again, rebirthed in us made new creature in Christ, we know have; wisdom, righteousness, sanctification and redemption, which only the total God/Man could take the place of me dying on a cross for my sins and not being resurrected unto new life in Christ at His birth in me, the truth of God' purpose for salvation would be lost.

1 Corinthians 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Finally making me the Hope of Glory by the Christ that is God Himself in me.

Colossians 1:26-29 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the Word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

The Word is Christ; John 1:1-4 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Praise God that Jesus Christ is God.

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

In Christ by the Birth of the Father, sealed by God the Holy Spirit unto a new creation in Christ Jesus.

Phillip

2016/3/23 14:52Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy