SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Rubio’s No. 2 campaign staffer a gay marriage advocate

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Rubio’s No. 2 campaign staffer a gay marriage advocate

Rich Beeson, deputy campaign manager for presidential candidate Sen. Marco Rubio, was one of more than 300 establishment Republicans to sign a controversial friend of the court brief last year asking the U.S. Supreme Court to legalize gay marriage.
Although reported by Politico in an April 2015 article, “Republicans try to have it both ways on gay marriage,” it is an issue that largely has gone unnoticed during the campaign, even as Republican candidates seek to secure conservative support.
Cross checking the names of campaign staffers for billionaire Donald Trump, Sen. Ted Cruz and Rubio against the names attached to the writ of certiorari [which described the signers as having “traditional conservative values” that are “consistent with—indeed, are advanced by—providing civil marriage rights to same-sex couples”] shows no other staff members from the three leading Republican campaigns were ...

read more: http://baptistmessage.com/rubios-no-2-campaign-staffer-a-gay-marriage-advocate/

2016/2/20 6:56Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Rubio’s No. 2 campaign staffer a gay marriage advocate

Saints,

There is no hope in american politics. Our only hope is in Jesus Christ and the moving of His Spirit in our midst.

2016/2/20 6:56Profile

Re:

I agree that our only real hope is in Christ. 100%! I will say that if you are going to go & cast a vote, you should understand what candidates REALLY do stand for in terms of personal convictions, track record, practice, etc. 99% of politicians are full of Bologna these days & will say/do whatever IMHO. And some "outsiders" are just riling people up as entertaining "sheep herders" too. The only real hope for this country & the church within her is Christ. I personally am convinced that the decree from heaven for the judgement that's coming (& is actually already in the starting phases, but not yet full bore) has already been decreed & sounded from on high. So while there's nothing sinful in voting (though I do believe it's naive to believe everything some of these politicians & entertainers say - especially when their own past quotes & practices betray them as really being exactly opposed to what they now say they're for), our trust as believers BETTER be in the secret place with Christ alone. And cultural Christianity & the ability/willingness to debate Christian doctrines won't carry you through the storm that's coming. Only a real, true, abiding life that bears fruit in the secret place with Christ & knows & trusts in Him beating the fruit of righteousness will. Words in scripture like "Everything that can be shaken will be shaken." & "let judgment begin at the house of God" come to mind. But God is trustworthy & true come what may. "In this world you will have tribulation, but rejoice, for I have overcome the world" - Jesus Christ

2016/2/20 10:25

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy