SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Stolen laptop

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
wildhorse86

Stolen laptop

Hi everyone.

I'd like to request prayer for one of my pastors. Someone broke in and stole his laptop and his backups from the church office.

It has all the data for the church and his work for his theology studies.

Pray for the person who took it and that the computer might be returned.

Thanks. Michael

2016/2/14 2:48Profile

Re: Stolen laptop

Dear brother, believe me I can understand the panic this pastor is going through, however my first thought was
"Lord take away everything that hinders us from getting real and waiting upon your still small voice"

Will we be relying on Him when all our technology collapses? I don't think I'm being hard hearted here. I believe we all need to "lose our laptops" if we are going to make it in these last days.

I pray that your pastor have complete peace knowing that with or without the computer, Not only is His back-up in God but God will use this to bring a glorious message to the church there

Praying God's will be done!

2016/2/14 8:54
yuehan

Re: Stolen laptop

Michael - prayed! Losing laptops and mobiles definitely have more ramifications than losing a wallet these days.

2016/2/14 9:18Profile

Re:

Of course I will be praying this this pastor finds his laptop. I know I would be concerned if I lost my smartphone as I do ministry out of it. But I think our sister Leslie also has hit up on something. That perhaps the Lord is teaching this brother to depend upon Him without technology. And that may be a lesson that we all will have to learn. To depend upon Jesus without a smartphone or laptop.

Blaine

2016/2/14 15:18

Re:

Will pray for him and the situation, must be devastating to have it stolen AND the backups.

We can all have different views about modern technology and how to use it and learn from this experience but this could be discussed in a different thread. I find it not very encouraging to post prayer requests when the request is being discussed rather then prayed for. This pastor hasn't done anything foolish and is probably devastated.
May the Lord intervene and answer as He wishes.

2016/2/14 17:53

Re:

Dear brother Markuskiwi or anyone else,
Forgive me if you thought I was being judgmental. I am praying for this pastor that God would protect the information he lost and also that he have peace and even that the thief would return the lap top and turn to God.

My thoughts were just as valid as we must say in the face of any loss, the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away, blessed be the Name of the Lord. Similar things have happened to me wherein much was stolen from me. When I laid it at the Lord's feet and forgave the ones who stole, then God laid the riches of His mercy, grace and kindness and restored losses which seemed unsurmountable. He wants no bitterness to creep in when we are robbed. He wants us to trust Him. That was my prayer also.
Sister L

2016/2/15 8:42
wildhorse86

Re:

Thanks for the prayers.
The computer hasn't shown up unfortunately.

He has indeed lead his congregation to pray for whoever stole it and that they come to know Jesus and they get the help they need so I feel he is being quite responsible given the situation but it does cause a practical issue given correspondence he had stored on it.

Michael

2016/2/16 9:47Profile
dolfan

Alabama

Re:

Hopefully if he checks local pawn shops it might turn up. If it was stolen, like many things, it was likely for drug money and the quickest way to get that is to pawn it. Too, pray that a police officer is moved upon by the Lord to go to just the right "scrap house" (home-based buyers of stolen goods in drug-ridden neighborhoods) and recover it. My guess is the laptop has by now made into the hands of one or the other unless someone stole it with an agenda.

2016/2/16 10:09Profile
wildhorse86

Re:

There are a lot of drug users in the area and no pawn shops locally as it's heading into the bush.

Police have the serial number.

We will just have to wait and see.

Thanks again :)

2016/2/16 16:39Profile
dolfan

Alabama

Re:

Your screen name reminds me of a Flying Burrito Brothers song.

These pals of mine sang it once. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aoAZ-MhZl-c

The recording was made by me. The guy singing does a ministry putting volumes of bible translations, teaching and commentary into flash drives in Spanish and Urdu.

2016/2/16 17:24Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy