SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Gravitational Waves Discovered

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Gravitational Waves Discovered

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2016/feb/11/gravitational-waves-discovery-hailed-as-breakthrough-of-the-century

Very interesting article. Gods creation continues to amaze.

Note that the two colliding black holes were 1.3 billion light years away, which of course means it took the light 1.3 billion years to reach earth.

2016/2/12 9:56Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: Gravitational Waves Discovered

Yeah this is an awesome discovery/observation and my mind immediately entertained the idea of "surfing" these massive cosmic waves:))) How cool would that be if future space travel/exploration was accomplished via a proverbial surf board!

I've often wondered if these types of things are just the discovery of the continuing effect of God having spoken the universe into being...?
We know sound travels in waves and what if what we just discovered/observed is the literal waves produced by the voice of God going forth in its creative capacity!?
He does say that the worlds were framed by His word in Hebrews and in Colossians says all things are held together by His word so maybe these gravitational waves are the literal evidence of Gods voice?...

2016/2/12 11:10Profile

Re: Gravitational Waves Discovered

Todd

God could have stretched out light at it's inception to instantly be where he
determined it should be at that time. He may have it travel 1.3 million light years in an instant or simply create it the way it is, No problem for him.

He did create the first man fully formed as an adult and bypassed his usual method of have people born as babies. Did not take 9 months as science would tell you it must. He is God after all and does things according to his will.

Now let us get back to the serious discussion of whether women should where
head coverings in church shall we?

2016/2/12 11:14
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Rev- He certainly could have; I just don't think he'd try to trick us that way.

Fletcher- that's deep, dude. Cowabunga!

2016/2/12 11:40Profile

Re:

This is when the Word in Job 38 and 39 just come alive! Where is the way where light dwelleth? And as for darkness, where is the place thereof?... What a mighty God we serve!!!

2016/2/12 11:46
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Brother Todd,

Ha! Maybe so but not nearly as deep as His love for us in Christ Jesus:)

I mean just think about it.... The same word that went forth to create all things is the same word that became flesh and dwelt among men is the same word that He tenderly speaks to us to lead us in concert with His creation singing His praise!!!!! Hahahaha now that is deep;)

What an awesome God we serve!!!!
Hallelujah

2016/2/12 14:15Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Indeed-

I always wondered why Revelation describes His voice was like the sound of many waters. Think about the multitudes of drops of water that make up the noise of Niagara Falls- yet it still pleasant to listen to. Then I think of the multitude of commands issuing from the throne every second but not chaotic in any fashion.

2016/2/12 14:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy