SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Where Can He Be Found???

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Where Can He Be Found???

Luke 24:4-6

... While they were perplexed about this, behold, two men stood near them in dazzling clothing; and as the women were terrified and bowed their faces to the ground, the men said to them, "Why do you seek the living One among the dead? He is not here, but He has risen...

-----------

These verses speak to my heart in a prophetic sense. For they show two women who are going to seek Jesus. They are going to seek Him in a dead tomb. Though that is not the intent of these dear sisters. Their love for Christ compel them at least to go and tend to His body. But in the process of their search they are met by two angels. With this question... Why do you seek the Living One among the dead? The angels go on to tell these dear sisters that He is not here. He is not in the tomb. But He has risen.

I believe that the above verses represent the believers search for Christ in a prophetic sense. They represent the believers search for Jesus in a spiritual sense. For they represent the believers search for Christ and looking for Him in the deadness of religion. In the deadness of the organized church. In the desdness of the Evangelical Church. Only to find that He is not there. He is not in the organized evangelical church. He is not to be found in organized religion.

Then the longing heart cry is where can He be found. Where can the hungry heart for Jesus find Him. The answer is found in John 9:34-39.

... So they put him out. Jesus heard that they had put him out, and finding him, He said. "Do you believe in the Son of Man?" He answered, " Who is He, Lord, that I may believe in Him?" Jesus said to him, " You have both seen him, and He is the one who is talking with you." And he said,"Lord I believe." And he worshipped Him...

It is only when the man was healed of his blindness and he was put out of the synagogue that He found Jesus. Here is the message conveyed to the hungry heart. One must leave the deadness of organized religion. Even evangelical organized religion to find Jesus.

This has been my testimony. I have been in and out of many churches in my 40 year walk with Jesus. I was always seeking the corporate life of Christ. I was always seeking Jesus in an empty tomb. Only to find that He was not there.

It was only when I left the deadness of religion. It was only when I left the organized church. That I found Christ.

Indeed the living One is not found in a dead empty tomb. But He is found outside the organized church to the hungry heart that is seeking Him. For Jesus says blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness. I believe those who are hungry and thirsting for him. They will be satisfied. For He will reveal Himself to the heart that is seeking Him.

Thoughts from the bear cave.

Bearmaster

2016/2/12 9:05

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy