SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : American Pastor Saeed Abedini: ‘They Beat Me Very Badly’

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 American Pastor Saeed Abedini: ‘They Beat Me Very Badly’

An American pastor who was imprisoned in Iran for over three years is now speaking about his time behind bars, acknowledging that he and others were beaten by Iranian authorities.

“In interrogation, once they beat me very badly,” Saeed Abedini told Fox’s Greta Van Susteren on Monday, “because they wanted me to write something [to admit guilt], which I didn’t do that.”

“It actually was in a courtroom where the judge closed the door and the interrogators started beating me, which in that time, I had stomach bleeding,” he said.

“They beat you with their fist?” Van Susteren asked. ...

read more: http://christiannews.net/2016/01/26/american-pastor-saeed-abedini-speaks-of-his-imprisonment-in-iran-they-beat-me-very-badly/

2016/1/28 7:01Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re: American Pastor Saeed Abedini: ‘They Beat Me Very Badly’

We need to pray for this family. You probably know by now that Nagmeh Abedini yesterday filed a petition in court in Idaho to prevent Saeed from leaving the state with their children. She publicly now maintains that as recently as within the last 3 months Saeed has verbally and emotionally abused her in their conversations and that he was directing her in how to manage his image and presentation to the American public.

We can all comment and probably have a nest of shared and conflicting opinions on this. Our opinions don't matter. Satan has managed to wreck this marriage. You don't wreck a marriage without wrecking its drivers -- Saeed and Nagmeh. Most wrecks are due to driver error in the natural. No different in the spiritual.

God desires truth in the inner parts. I'm praying for that for them, for repentance, and for reconciliation.

2016/1/28 7:46Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I have not heard of this.

Just found this article, we must pray for them:

Wife of U.S. pastor freed by Iran files for legal separation
http://news.yahoo.com/wife-u-pastor-freed-iran-says-husband-threatened-173659033.html

2016/1/28 8:31Profile

Re:

My Brothers and Sisters,

Before we judge this situation plesse let us remember that our brother Saeed suffered for his faith in Jesus. He endured 3 1/2 years of persecution and suffering for the Lord Jesus Christ. Many times he was tempted to deny his faith by Iranian authorities. But our brother stood firm.

But indeed let's keep the Abdini family in our prayers. For the enemy despises those who stand firm for Jesus. What this family is enduring is of Satan. Let us pray that the enemy will not have ground in this marriage. Indeed let us pray that the victory of Christ will be seen in the grace of Jesus prevailing over this sad situation.

Also let us remember our brothers and sisters who are suffering in the shadow of the cross. Let us remember them in our prayers.

Posted by Blaine Scogin

2016/1/28 11:30
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

"And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing."-1 Cor. 13:3

Either Saeed has been a false convert or he needs deep repentance as a true believer. God knows. One can suffer greatly for the cause of Christ and still not be saved, just like one can be willing to suffer greatly for any other cause. Let us not be ignorant of the enemy's deceptions and devices brethren.

2016/1/28 14:39Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Quote:

Before we judge this situation plesse let us remember that our brother Saeed suffered for his faith in Jesus

Suffered or not, we are also talking about a marriage issue going on. Do we glory in his suffering while his marriage is having serious issues? That is hypocrisy considering the allegations against him. If she wanted nothing to do with his Christianity it would be a different matter.

One thing that puzzles me is what kind of contact did they have in the last 3 months? I was under the impression that only visitors had any contact with him and they were few.

John

2016/1/28 14:49Profile

Re:

Oracio one cannot suffer the the way Saeed did and be labeled a false convert. Or needing deep repentance. If anything 1 Peter 4:1 says he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin. There is a purifying aspect of persecution that tends to conform one more to the likeness of Jesus Christ.

In watching the interview with Saeed by Greta Van Susteren you see a man who is humble before the Lord. A man who has gone through suffering for Christ. A man that Satan has tried to destroy. But who through the grace of God endured much for Christ.

I hardly doubt the suffering Saeed went through were from a false faith. It would have been far easier for him to deny Christ and gain his freedom early then to endure the sufferings he did.

Suffering for the Lord Jesus Christ will either confirm or deny our faith in Christ. If you have a knife at your throat by a jihadist and you are told to either deny Jesus or die. Your faith is put on the line right there. Or if you spend years in prison, one that is literally a hell hole, and endure the things that Saeed did your faith is put on the line.

So Oratio, this brother's faith is not false. But his faith is more real than either you or I or anybody else in this forum put together.

Respectfully posted.

Blaine

2016/1/28 15:28

Re:

John the allegations against Saeed have not been proven. When the allegations came forth. The brother was in prison and could not defend himself.

Also has anybody considered that the charges being levelef again Saeed are coming from the enemy. We know the enemy hates those who stand for Christ when they advance His kingdom. The enemy could not destroy Saeed when he suffered for Christ in Iran. The enemy is seeking to destroy him here in America. Seeking to destroy his character.

All the more reason to keep the Abedini family in our prayers.

Blaine

2016/1/28 15:38

Re:

Brethren I was reminded in this forum when Yosef Nardakhani's faith was called into question. He was an Iranian brother who was slated to be executed for his faith in Christ. But questions arose as to his belief in the Triniry. Yet his confession was Jesus Christ. And salvation was in Christ alone. Yet there were those in this forum who suggested he was a false convert.

And there have been those in this forum who have called into question the faith of Brother Yun and his suffering for Christ. Some have called into question the miracles that were recorded in his book did not happen.

And there have been those in this forum that have called into question the faith of Dietrich Bonhoeffer. Did he truly suffer for Christ? Was he truly a martyr for Christ?

It is easy for us to sit behind our keyboards in the relative comfort and safety of our homes and make these judgments. And call into question the faith of the saints that have gone through persecution. I suggest before we start making Pontifical judgments. Let us walk in the shoes of the persecuted. Let us walk in the shoes of those who truly suffer for Christ.

My thoughts.

Blaine

2016/1/28 15:46
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

From our outsiders' perspective it doesn't matter who did what. There is a deep web of unknowns and hidden things. We can't diagnose anything here. There are tender reeds in Idaho right now. The witness of Christ is too important for us to venture guesses and offer opinions on what is happening. Let's pray.

2016/1/28 16:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy