SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : More than baptism/filling of Holy Spirit we need to learn about FASTING.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ArthurRosh

More than baptism/filling of Holy Spirit we need to learn about FASTING.

Beloved/Saints:

More than baptism/filling of Holy Spirit we need to help each other learn about FASTING.
FASTING is a type of mourning, happy are are those who mourn (Matthew 5:4) .. they will be comforted
FASTING is a type of being poor in spirit, happy are the poor in Spirit (Matthew 5:3)
FASTING is a type of being hungry for righteousness, happy are those who hunger for righteousness (Matthew 5:6) ... they will be FILLED
FASTING is a type of ceasing from sin, whoever has suffered in the flesh (body) has ceased from sin (1 Peter 4:1)
I have heard it said for the most part the church in the midst of affluence finds it easy to feast but difficult to FAST.
God definately starts working through us when we FAST.
Holy Spirit is able to turn and direct us more powerfully when we FAST.
We learn to obey God's voice/guidance/leading/promptings when we FAST, he learned obedience through sufferings (Hebrews 5:8)
We are more spiritually awake, perceptive, sensitive when we FAST.
We can avoid error and things that will frustrate/hinder God's plan/purposes when we FAST.
We can pray more effectively when we FAST.
If you want to be baptized/filled in the Holy Spirit, learn FASTING.
If you want to experience power of Holy Spirit, resurrection power of Christ dwelling in you, FAST.
FASTING makes us humble/broken/meek so God can use us, God resists the proud but gives GRACE to the humble (James 4:6), happy are the meek (Matthew 5:5)
FASTING helps us to deal with the sin that hinders and to purify ourselves in confession/repentance before God, happy are the pure in heart (Matthew 5:8) they will SEE God
FASTING helps us avoid distractions/escapism and PROCRASTINATION, and get on doing God's will
to be continued..

2016/1/18 16:00Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re: More than baptism/filling of Holy Spirit we need to learn about FASTING.

Luke 5:33-35 And they said unto him, Why do the disciples of John fast often, and make prayers, and likewise the disciples of the Pharisees; but thine eat and drink? And he said unto them, Can ye make the children of the bridechamber fast, while the bridegroom is with them? But the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken away from them, and then shall they fast in those days.

So what is my fast? It is my longing for my Bridegroom to return for His bride, then my fast will be fulfilled.

Longing and watching for His return to take me to His and my Fathers House.

In Christ: Phillip

2016/1/19 16:41Profile

Re:

Yeah, but the word fast from the original Hebrew means literally "to close off the mouth". So fasting is going without eating food to focus your heart, prayer & desire on the spiritual.

2016/1/19 23:40
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

What is a "fast", it is doing without something, be food, sleep, be it alone, etc. Well my fast that means anything is being without face to face with my redeemer. His Spirit is now born again in my spirit and now I can see in a mirror dimly, but face to face and I will fast no more for I will know Him as by Him I am known.

1 Corinthians 13:8-13 Charity <agape> never <oudepote> faileth <ekpipto>: but <de> whether <eite> there be prophecies <propheteia>, they shall fail <katargeo>; whether <eite> there be tongues <glossa>, they shall cease <pauo>; whether <eite> there be knowledge <gnosis>, it shall vanish away <katargeo>. For <gar> we know <ginosko> in <ek> part <meros>, and <kai> we prophesy <propheteuo> in <ek> part <meros>. But <de> when <hotan> that which is perfect <teleios> is come <erchomai>, then <tote> that which is in <ek> part <meros> shall be done away <katargeo>. When <hote> I was <emen> a child <nepios>, I spake <laleo> as <hos> a child <nepios>, I understood <phroneo> as <hos> a child <nepios>, I thought <logizomai> as <hos> a child <nepios>: but <de> when <hote> I became <ginomai> a man <aner>, I put away <katargeo> childish things <nepios>. For <gar> now <arti> we see <blepo> through <dia> a glass <esoptron>, darkly <en> <ainigma>; but <de> then <tote> face <prosopon> to <pros> face <prosopon>: now <arti> I know <ginosko> in <ek> part <meros>; but <de> then <tote> shall I know <epiginosko> even as <kathos> also <kai> I am known <epiginosko>. And <de> now <nuni> abideth <meno> faith <pistis>, hope <elpis>, charity <agape>, these <tauta> three <treis>; but <de> the greatest <meizon> of these <touton> is charity <agape>.

I can pray, fast, go to church, study the Word, and do all the things that man tries to do to please God, when He has already done that for me, which Is "Christ in me the Hope of Glory". He is my all in all as the Father is all in all with Him and they now make their abode with me. So what can I do now but wait upon faith, hope and love? The greatest of these which is truly Love, is waiting for me and is now the most important fast of my life, waiting for the face to face greatest of these, which is me; face to face with my only true Love, which governs all agape love, Jesus Christ the Son of God.

In Christ: Phillip

2016/1/21 19:19Profile
rufnrust

Indiana

Re: More than baptism/filling of Holy Spirit we need to learn about FASTING.

Big AMEN! Arthur. Our flesh will come up with many ways to 'fast' as long as we get to eat while we are doing it! We are not talking about doing without TV which isn't a bad idea.

David humbled his soul with fasting. When we humble ourselves in fasting we receive grace. The manifold grace of God then manifests in many ways in us, through us, for us, and around us to advance the kingdom of God. We then find ourselves in a place where the Holy Spirit is moving.

One person was asked the secret of missions. The answer was " I get as low as I can because that is where the River flows" Fasting helps get us there.

Much could be said.

Thanks for posting Arthur

2016/1/22 10:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy