SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What about a SI Roku channel?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

What about a SI Roku channel?

Has SI considered developing a Roku streaming channel?

If not, would you?

If not, would folks here be interested in a joint project where we create video content and upload to a Roku channel that we share? Not as an SI channel, per se, (that is, unless bro Greg would agree to it and play a similar role with similar authority to what SI is and does) but more as a love project?

We all share some common and urgent Spirit led desires.

1. To see people saved.
2. To see the church repent of worldliness and return to holiness and seriousness.
3. To be awakened and to awaken our brothers and sisters to prayer as a lifestyle and a love, not as mere duty or activity.
4. To see revival in the church and an awakening in our comminities.

For all of the differences we have, Christ unites us. He is the Savior, the Repentance-Bringer, the Awakener, the Reviver. Do we have what it takes to submit our egos and pet theories to one another in love and to keep our knives sheathed in the face of our varieites of understanding? Do we have the urgency among us to seek God whether He would enable and empower us to create content and share responsibility in love? Are there not some among us who are willing and anointed to create brief 10-20 minute sessions to share on a joint Roku channel?

I am taken by the potential of these little devices. There already 800 or so Roku channels devoted to Christian or church programming, and much of it is not what we share here as being what matters. With content uploaded by us among our communities, we already have ready made contacts where we are to promote such a channel by name.

I am brainstorming. This is very much rolling off my fingers as I think "out loud", prayerfully. Thoughts?

2016/1/14 18:10Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: What about a SI Roku channel?

Sermonindex has a Youtube page for streaming video. This seems like the best solution considering it would not tie users to one type of streaming device(Roku). I believe all the mainstream devices are able to do Youtube, I have a Chromecast device that works well with their content.

https://www.youtube.com/user/sermonindex

In Christ,

2016/1/14 18:24Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Brethren,

I actually at one point was working on a Roku channel that a ministry was helping to get up for free, but it was taking considerable time and in the end we did not go live with it. Alot of the content we have is not HD quality, so it would not meet the expectations of some on Roku.

Now that Roku is more mainstream, I can re-look into this and see if there are easy ways to port content from youtube etc.

A collaborative channel is also an excellent idea. I know you can use Archive.org for free hosting of video that will work with Roku (at least 2 years ago it was working).

2016/1/14 18:32Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

Iphones and ipads have good HD cameras on them now.

I have thought for some months now about creating a website or two called RepentMyTown dot com (where MyTown would be specifically named) and uploading my own video appeals to churches in the specific towns to repent and be serious about the things of God.

Like I said....I have thought about it. :)

The whole exercise that I have been doing in "restating" a couple of the Great Awakening sermons has been with the possibility of that kind of website in mind, with the appeals in the restated sermons being specially aimed at named communities.

Now, though, I am thinking a Roku channel would be easier. It would be easier, I think, for a collaborative effort. The archive dot org suggestion is a good one and it sent me immediately to read some how to stuff on it. Archive.org is a great place to watch old movies and historical stuff. Some Christian material there. Lots of very NOT Christian content, too. But, using it to park content to then push over to a Roku channel seems genius, esp because it is free.

2016/1/14 18:43Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy