SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Andrew Strom: Urgent Warning

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Actually, naming names in the right way is actually Biblical & right. You are not comparing apples to apples in context by bringing up the wokan caught in adultery. That's an example of Jesus protecting a guilty, but apparently humbled & repentant woman, from the hands of the Pharisees who wanted to stone her though they also had sin. And he said go and sin no more. That has ZERO biblical and contextual application to calling out false teachings, false teachers, wolves, & "another spirit" when it invaded the ekklesia in the New Testament. The Apostles named names & called these people "dogs", "blind guides", etc. Paul said Hymeneus "deserted him for love of this present world" & called him out by name. He called others out by name too. I just read Acts 8 again this morning where it said Simon the Sorcerer "believed and was baptized", but a few verses later when he attempts to "buy the gift of the Holy Spirit", Peter the apostle says publicly "may your money perish with you for thinking you could buy the gift of God...you have no part in this ministry." And even Paul rebuked Peter (both obviously apostles & neither participating in Hindu Kindalini (demonic) spirits." I'm sorry you had a bad experience to which no one but you knows all the details/specifics, but that verse has no application to this. We are to exercise discernment & have "nothing to do with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather, expose them" & these weird demonic manifestations are of another spirit & thnk God their are faithful prophetic voices & true shepherds crying out for them. Feeling sorry for the poor called out wolves in Sheeps clothing who sneak into the church with the cup of demons at the Lord's table" isn't love. What Andrew & others are doing is for the purpose of the protection of the sheep & the purity of the Lord. Would be to God there were more faithful to the call with the discernment to rightly speak & the love for God & men to protect the innocent & often immature & I discerning sheep (& for God's glory's sake in the ekklesia called by His name).
God Bless,
Jeff

2016/1/21 22:28
EAGLEFLYING

Re:

Having trouble viewing this email? Click here

Brother in the Body Of Christ
I am a member of the Body of Christ. and I believe that the LORD will sort all this out when He opens the books on us all.. My point we are all accountable.
I am not a babe in the LORD and I am free to speak what I believe the LORD put on my heart..
Im not here to debate.. Im here to speak what I believe the LORD told me. I do hope we can agree to disagree.. I think Steve Hills devotional today repeats what I BELIEVE the Lord showed me yesterday.
In Christ
A sister in the BODY OF Christ.

January 22
Busybodies
And why do you look at the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?
Luke 6:41, NASB
If we were continually checking our motives to make sure we were in line with God, we would have little time to look upon the shortcomings of others. It was Ira Sankey, evangelist D. L. Moody’s song leader, who made the pointed statement: “It doesn’t take half a man to criticize.”

There are some whose restless, insinuating, searching humor will never suffer them to be quiet unless they dive into the concerns of all those about them. They are always outward bound but never homeward. They are perpetually looking about them but never within them. They can hardly relish or digest what they eat at their own table unless they know what and how much is served up to another man’s. They cannot sleep quietly themselves unless they know when their neighbor rises and goes to bed. They must know who visits him and who is visited by him; what company he keeps; what revenues he has and what he spends; how much he owes and how much is owed to him.

These words, penned by Dr. Robert South over 250 years ago, remarkably describe many of us today. It would be wise for us to heed the counsel found in today’s scripture text. Let us put more effort into the removal of what blocks our vision in order to see clearly how to genuinely help others.
Genesis 23; Matthew 22;
Nehemiah 12; Acts 22

2016/1/22 18:42Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

NT: John 8:4 they said to Him, “Teacher, this woman has been caught in adultery, in the very act. 5“Now in the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women; what then do You say?”

OT Law: Lev.20:10: And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

The Pharisees were NOT applying the law justly when they accused this woman. Where was the man? They said she was caught in adultery. They were wanting to stone the woman but letting the man go free.

Scripture does I tell us what Jesus wrote on the ground but it does not take much imagination to guess what he wrote based upon the law and what the accusers were saying.

Sandra

2016/1/22 19:32Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

I believe that false teachers and prophets
should be called out by name and held
accountable. However, that does not
mean that if a brother is off on some
doctrine of the faith other than the
doctrine of Christ that he is a false teacher
or prophet.

I had conversations with Andrew Strom
through a group that we were both a part
of in the 90's. It is common for heresy hunters to
throw true servants of God and certain
movements under the bus because of
certain associations. Andrew Strom has
done this in the past.

To see someone slithering around on the
floor in a meeting is obviously demonic.
However there are many times when the
Spirit of God comes upon someone in
a revival meeting that they will tremble
and even shake. One example that comes
to mind is that just prior to the Welsh
Revival, Evan Roberts had nightly visitations
from God for several months. He shook
so hard in his bed that he woke up his
brother. "
last spring, when praying by my bedside before retiring, I was taken up to a great expanse – with out time and space. It was communion with God. Before this a far-off God I had. I was frightened that night, but never since. So great was my shivering that I rocked the bed, and my brother, being awakened, took hold of me, thinking I was ill."
(From Evan Roberts Testimony).

Let us prove all things and hold fast to that
which is good. We will know them by their
fruits.

2016/1/22 23:07Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act."

Dietrich Bonhoeffer

2016/1/22 23:21Profile

Re:

"Heresy hunters", could be the modern day Crusader and God never sanctioned the Crusades. He doesn't create Crusaders.

2016/1/23 0:14

Re:

I know Andrew too & am not saying he's never missed it or went "too hard" ever (I have - of course, again if you read the prophets & apostles in scriptures, most people would call that "hard" or unloving too, & even Jesus' words), but if you go to YouTube & watch Andrew's video on Kundalini & think that's anything but demonic, I don't really know what else to say. Gifts of Spiritual Discernment, Prophetic Gifts, & just plain obeying the scripture that says, "Preach the Word, REBUKE, CORRECT, REPROVE, ......" Is true. Yes, trembling in the presence of God is one thing, but flopping all over the place out of control, slithering like a snake, barking like a dog, etc. is another. It's another spirit. It's demonic.

2016/1/23 1:49

Re:

Once the logs out of your eye, Jesus then commands you in scripture to remove the speck from your brothers, once you can see clearly. But again, that's not really what the original subject is about in context. Anyways, John Piper has teaching on "not neglecting speck removal". Good stuff. By some peoples thought, no one should have the gall to correct anyone about anything, but that's just not Biblical.

2016/1/23 1:55

Re:

It's like when people rip one verse out of the greater context & say we are never supposed to judge. But we are actually commanded to judge repeatedly in scripture. "But when you judge, judge with righteous judgement"..."you should have judged this matter among yourselves and cast out the immoral brother...hand him over to satan for the destruction of the flesh...that he would repent..." Saying "I used to hang around or know someone who did this to extreme" to then totally throw out the baby with the bath Water in the opposite extreme is called "reactionary theology". It's leaving one ditch of error to jump over the path into the opposite (& equally as faulty) ditch on the other side. The Word & the Spirit are to be our determining theology/action shapers, not anything/anyone else.
God Bless - Jeff

2016/1/23 2:09
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Like I said earlier, my wife and I left a church because of the leadership's openness to these types of manifestations. There were two women specifically who exhibited this exact kundalini jerking and shaking and uncontrollable laughing. We tried to talk reason to the pastor but he said that the women told him they could not control it. Why that was not a red flag for him, I have no idea.

I certainly understand that the HS does manifest physically. But in my opinion it should always bring glory to God, not denigrate Him. Why would God cause people to jerk and flop like a fish on a pier, or make people crawl around and bark. And there is a difference between shaking or trembling under the heavy presence of God (like Evan Roberts) and flopping around like a fish.

2016/1/23 9:41Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy