SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : A Prophetic Word from Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Hi Staff,

Other brothers on this thread have asked you for Scriptures to back up your opinions, surely you could have no objections to this?

I want to give you my opinion now, a general overview of where I see you coming from. There was a spirit in man that rejected Jesus when He came to the earth, they rejected Jesus in favor of Barabbus. This earthy spirit that yearns for dominance over its enemies is the spirit of man. Jesus was rejected in favor of a man who took the fight to the Romans.

There is a militancy in earthy worldly Christendom that is rife. To its great shame, much of Christendom in America were the ones in the last couple of decades, calling for war and torture and destruction upon " its," enemies. I see this same spirit in your writings Staff. A spirit that wants to call down fire on its enemies. This is the spirit that rejects the calling of Christ to take up their cross and follow Him.

And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did? But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village. (Luk 9:54-56)

Staff, I would urge you to let Jesus through His word speak to you. Test the spirits and see what spirit you are off.............bro Frank

PS, do you have an opinion on the Scripture below where the word of God says ( as opposed to mens opinions) that power was given unto the anti-christ to make war against the saints and overcome them.

And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven. And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. (Rev 13:6-8)

2016/1/13 9:42
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Again the Spirit of Elijah will come again prior to Christ Return thats how the fight will be taken to the world.
The whole church will come under his ministry(partly out of nessecity) and it will then challenge the world exactly the way Elijah challenged the Israelites on Mt Carmel,it will effect political leaders exactly the way it did on Mt Carmel and it will cause the fire to fall exactly the way it did on Mt Carmel.This is the success I am taking about.

12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh FIRE COME DOWN from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

Revelation 13:12-14

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Matthew 24:24

2016/1/13 13:38Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

The book of Revelation is the revelation
of Jesus Christ, yet there are many in
the Church that have made it more about
the antichrist and the devil.

There is a general fear in Christians of
the events leading up to the second coming
of Christ. We are certainly not to hide our
heads in the sand as many are doing,
but neither should we be preaching a
message that leaves the children of God
feeling hopeless and helpless. The message
of Christ to the churches was one of
correction, repentance, and wonderful
promises to the overcomers. It is not the
will of God that we would be overcome,
but to rejoice in all things for our Lord and
savior Jesus Christ has already overcome
the world, and we are to live and stand in
His victory.

2016/1/13 14:47Profile

Re:

That's exactly the point Mike, we live in that victory and neither life nor death can change that, it becomes irrelevant. The victory is already won and the world is already overcome by Christ and in Him we are overcomers, not to gain any kind of foothold in this world but to walk in the eternal Kingdom He died and rose again to make us a part of.

Rev 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

All too often the last part of that sentence is left out or people are confused and think that people who actually believe that message must be or promote feelings of being " hopeless or helpless." Nothing , of course, could be further from the truth. The vast majority of martyrs who have laid down their lives in the past 2000 years, who loved not their lives unto death, and who now cry for justice from beneath the altar died with joy in their hearts and their spirits filled with eternal hope, not hope as the world hopes, but that sure knowledge that they were merely passing from one world of the flesh into the eternal Kingdom of God fully...........bro Frank

2016/1/13 15:11

Re:

Greg quotes.........

"13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh FIRE COME DOWN from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live."

Perfect Scriptures to clear through the deception that their are somehow Captain Marvel Christians who are going to go to and thro throughout the earth calling down fire and destroying God's enemies. As Jesus says, those who want this do not know what spirit they are of..........bro Frank

2016/1/13 15:14
staff

Re:

Hi Frank
You know right well that I provided scripture and clear explaination and thats the second time youve slighted me,
Yours Staff

2016/1/13 15:39Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Greg
Please provide some explaination to your scripture otherwise it makes no sense I think thats fair,
Yours Staff

2016/1/13 15:41Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Julius
I think you must judging on your use of scripture heard before the one of the types of the Holy Spirit is" Fire" id find it hard to believe that you didnt,
Also I am sure you have heard in Acts how tongues of "Fire"rested on the believers heads.So I think you know what I am talking about.
On your other points Stephen was 2000 yrs ago and for sure Stephen and Paul took the fight to the world.
The man who was made blind was judged and he wasnt in the Church as you know but didnt comment on.
The ministry of Elijah will cause Judgement to those who hurt the Church in the end times if nessacary like the what I described with Peter.
I am talking again not what happened in the regular run of things over the centuries but specifically the end times specifically ,it will be different.
The end time Church is different than what we have now and the ministry of Elijah is as I have pointed out the ministry of The Holy Spirit in the end times.Its how he closes the Church age as we know it.
The scriptures are very easy to come across just look at the lives of all the people that had the Spirit of Elijah
1.Elijah 2 Elisha 3.John The Baptist 4 The Two witnesses
You will find them in Kings 1 and 2, The 4 Gospels,The book of Acts and Revelation
So their is a safe haven in the ministry of the Holy Spirit in the end but in a way similar to the start.I am not saying their is no persecution or Martyrdom but their will be Judgement involved going the other way if nessacary.
When something gets in the way of the advancement of the Gospel in that time then their will be Judgement.Persecution and Martyrdom dont nessacarily get in the way of the advancement of the Gospel.It may do sometimes and other times as said by others it advances it.
So to answer will Christians die yes but will they also be miraclously saved like Paul was yes.I hope you read all those scriptures and come back to me if you need too thanks
Yours Staff

2016/1/13 16:18Profile

Re:

Quote:
by staff on 2016/1/13 16:18:56

Hi Julius
I think you must judging on your use of scripture heard before the one of the types of the Holy Spirit is" Fire" id find it hard to believe that you didn't,
Also I am sure you have heard in Acts how tongues of "Fire"rested on the believers heads.So I think you know what I am talking about.

I certainly know about the fire of the Holy Spirit and understand the use of it in terms of purifying and sanctifying the church. I am unaware of the fire of the Holy Spirit in the NT, raining down on unbelievers in terms of judgment as was done on the prophets of Baal.

Quote:
On your other points Stephen was 2000 yrs ago and for sure Stephen and Paul took the fight to the world.

Yes, but men and women (mighty men and women in the Lord) have been doing great exploits for God over the last 2,000 years even up to and including, today. Why? Because of the Holy Spirit.

Quote:
The man who was made blind was judged and he wasn't in the Church as you know but didn't comment on.

Many men have been judged by God through the centuries. I forget the story but a succession of men have been made blind for something else. I will try to find it.

Edit: I believe it was men that tried to corrupt the written word of God.

Quote:
The ministry of Elijah will cause Judgement to those who hurt the Church in the end times if necessary like the what I described with Peter.

You mean Ananias and Sapphira? If not, please if you will, provide scriptures. I am sorry if you have already done this. Please indulge me once again.

Quote:
I am talking again not what happened in the regular run of things over the centuries but specifically the end times specifically ,it will be different.

How do you know it will be different? Where are these scriptures? Because, what is displayed in Revelation has happened throughout the centuries and will continue to happen up until the end. Saints, confronting the kingdom of darkness and being martyred.

Quote:
The end time Church is different than what we have now and the ministry of Elijah is as I have pointed out the ministry of The Holy Spirit in the end times.Its how he closes the Church age as we know it. The scriptures are very easy to come across just look at the lives of all the people that had the Spirit of Elijah 1.Elijah 2 Elisha 3.John The Baptist 4 The Two witnesses
You will find them in Kings 1 and 2, The 4 Gospels,The book of Acts and Revelation

I think it is only fair of you to take us through these scriptures in a systematic way. If you want us to understand your point of view.

Quote:
So their is a safe haven in the ministry of the Holy Spirit in the end but in a way similar to the start.I am not saying their is no persecution or Martyrdom but their will be Judgement involved going the other way if necessary. When something gets in the way of the advancement of the Gospel in that time then their will be Judgement.

staff, God has always reserved judgment for Himself (vengeance is mine in Romans 13) and dealt with the kingdom of darkness and those who supported it in many and various ways through the centuries.

Quote:
Persecution and Martyrdom don't necessarily get in the way of the advancement of the Gospel. It may do sometimes and other times as said by others it advances it.
So to answer will Christians die yes but will they also be miraculously saved like Paul was yes.I hope you read all those scriptures and come back to me if you need too thanks
Yours Staff

Well, you really did not give me any scriptures. You gave me topics and people to read about. It would help if you just gave me the scripture references, at least.

Thanks, staff.

P.S. The scriptures Greg and Frank gave are really worth thinking about.

2016/1/13 16:53
staff

Re:

Hi Julus 21
I try to be systematic as I can..il do it in 3 parts and you can tell me if anything I said is not explained enough..

The Bible says in Malachi behold I will send Elijah the Prophet before the great and terrible day of the Lord.
He will restore......
Malachi 4:5

Why Elijah? Why not David or Eli or Enoch or Moses

He came in the form of John the Baptist agreed?

John made the way ready for Christ like it was prophesised
What did he do?
A:He preached that the Messiah was about to come in the wilderness and all judea and the surrounds went out to see hear him.Everyone came under his ministry.Mark 1:5
B:He baptised all the apostles:We know that for a few reasons but the definite proof is that Peter said so in Acts 1 21-26
C:All the 12 apostles came under his ministry we know that from the above two statements
D:Then Jesus volunteered to come under his ministry even though John did not want him too.John reluctantly Baptised Jesus Matthew 3-13 -17 Jesus ministry began the moment as he was baptised and John was a witness of the Holy Spirit descending and alighting on Jesus.Jesus ministry last 3 1/2 years.
E John ministered to Herod( a type Anti Christ)as Herod liked to listen to him.Mark 6:20
F:The wicked woman Herodias asks for John The Baptist Head and gets it.Matthew 14:7we can say John was persecuted and Martyred for his faith)
G:The time of Pentecost arrives,theirs the upper room and Peter stands up and speaks and says that we need to get the number of Apostles back up to 12 lets elect someone that was with them from the baptism of John The Baptist
So the two things that had to happen before Pentecoste A:The Twelve had to be restored
B:The person elected had to have come under Johns Baptism

Thats A summary of John The Baptist as Elijah accept to say that John recognised Jesus while he was not born.
I know everyone knows these scriptures even without looking but check them out and see that that is accurate.I will answer the couple of questions I asked later.
I will go onto Part 2 and try to be systematic.
Yours Staff

2016/1/13 20:32Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy