SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : A Prophetic Word from Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 A Prophetic Word from Dietrich Bonhoeffer

“The messengers of Jesus will be hated to the end of time. They will be blamed for all the divisions which rend cities and homes. Jesus and his disciples will be condemned on all sides for undermining family life, and for leading the nation astray; they will be called crazy fanatics and disturbers of the peace. The disciples will be sorely tempted to desert their Lord. But the end is also near, and they must hold on and persevere until it comes. Only he will he blessed who remains loyal to Jesus and his word until the end. But when the end comes, the hostility towards Jesus and his disciples will be made manifest the whole world over, and only then must the messengers flee from city to city, in order that they may proclaim the Word where it can still find a hearing. If they run away then, they will not be running away from the Word, but holding fast to it.

The Christian will be hounded from place to place, subjected to physical assault, maltreatment and death of every kind. We are ap­proaching an age of widespread persecution. Therein lies the true significance of all the movements and conflicts of our age. Our adversaries seek to root out the Christian Church and the Christian faith because they cannot live side by side with us, because they see in every word we utter and every deed we do, even when they are not specifically directed against them, a condemnation of their own words and deeds. They are not far wrong. They suspect too that we are indifferent to their condemnation. Indeed they must admit that it is utterly futile to condemn us. We do not reciprocate their hatred and contention, although they would like it better if we did, and so sink to their own level."

2016/1/10 2:45Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: A Prophetic Word from Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Although these words were given to God's
faithful martyr more than a half century ago.
They are so very relevant for today, and
explain the hostility of the devil working
through evil men against the Church of
Jesus Christ. So as the scripture says,
"We should think it not strange". We are
in the world but not of the world, and just
as our Lord and savior was despised,
rejected, and persecuted, so shall it be
with those that follow Him.

2016/1/10 8:14Profile
staff

Hi Greg,
I think what Dietrich Bonhoeffer said can be applied to all history not just the end time.Certainly the media with the agenda it has all over the western world is stirring up hatred that has not been seen before at such a level.
The problem with the post is that it doesnt take into account God's plan and protection for the end time Church.
I've said it before and I'l continue till it happens.The end time church comes under the Ministry and Spirit of Elijah.
All the church will come out of their denominational Churches and come under the protection of this ministry.
Deitrich Bonhoeffer did not know this so although most of his message is right he came to the wrong conclusion.
The end time Church will be a very confrontational Church it wont be the turn the other cheek doormat Church where we will stay in the way of every hit.The fight will be taken to the world by the Church,It will be a fight however and we will take hits.
Persecution will always be with us its a given sometimes more some times less but if we conclude the way Dietrich Bonhoeffer concludes we will preach Persecution not the Gospel of Christ and this is sad,
Yours Staff

2016/1/10 8:37Profile
docs

What is the end time Ministry and Spirit of Elijah?

Breaking it down, what does that specifically mean and how will it result in protecting the Church from harm at the end of the age. I've heard this type of phrasing, the Ministry and Spirit of Elijah for a long while now and realilzed I'm not really even clear on what it supposed to mean except I've heard it may mean the return of true prophets anointed for a end time task. From Scripture, how is it to be explained?

I admit I don't think Dietrich Bonhoeffer came to a altogether wrong conclusion.

Thanks.

2016/1/10 10:44Profile

Re:

Dear brother staff,

I think Dietrich's assessment was correct.

The end time church has been the end time church since Pentecost and been under the Spirit and ministry of Elijah (Christ in us) since then.

Rom 15:19 Through mighty signs and wonders, by the POWER OF THE SPIRIT of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.

Heb 2:4 God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and GIFTS OF THE HOLY GHOST, according to his own will?

2Ti 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of POWER, and of love, and of a sound mind.

The Spirit and power of "Elijah" is not greater than "Christ in us" and the Spirit of Christ must be revived in the Church.

We see the power of the Holy Spirit in the New Testament and individual lives through the centuries and this is the revival people are longing for and praying for. We can all have this same power that previous saints who have gone on before us have walked in.

Since Pentecost we have been living in the "latter house".

Hag 2:9 The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former, saith the LORD of hosts: and in this place will I give peace, saith the LORD of hosts.

This "glory" has been experienced by many in the past and is meant to be experienced by us, NOW. Yes, it will be accompanied with great persecution, but only for those who live godly lives.

Act 6:8 And Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and miracles among the people.

Act 7:55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,

We are to have this same Holy Ghost, today!

2016/1/10 11:25

Re:

Nice quote from Dietrich Bonhoffer, who nails it. Staff, you might want to consider

And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him? And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months. And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven. And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. (Rev 13:4-7)

He makes war against the saints and overcomes them. This is not to be confused with the gates of hell prevailing against the Body of Christ, this is more in line with Jesus being crucified. Satan thought he had accomplished a great victory at Calvary but in actual fact, an open shame, a humilation was being made of him even although the exact opposite seemed to be true. We know that just a few days later " up from the grave He arose, with a mighty triumph oe'r His foes." Satan again will believe he has won a great victory then Christ will come in all His glory and every eye will see and every tongue confess that He is Lord to the glory of God the Father. The question in all of this for the saints will be " are you willing to be overcome in the flesh that you might triumph in the Spirit?" Are you willing to glorify a God that has called you to Martyrdom? This same question has been asked by every Martyr down through the ages. By allowing ourselves to be Martyred and not resisting in the flesh, other than fleeing from city to city as circumstances warrant it, we will make an open shame of our enemy and it will be a witness for all the world to see. They will hate us all the more for our actions will be counter to the flesh and bring conviction to their hard hearts...........and then the end shall come......bro Frank

2016/1/10 14:28
staff

Re:

Hi all,
I try and answer in one post,
Elijah comes before the great and terrible day of the lord which is two days not one,the same as when John The Baptist couldnt understand why Jesus in a literal sense hadnt fullfilled all that he was meant to do.John The Baptist didnt undterstand that their was two comings of Christ.
So the ministry of Elijah comes before both comings and I do agreee with the poster that says we've been under the ministry of Elijah since the Time of Christ.
To find out what this ministry is about in the end we have to look at what it was like before.If even slightly investigate that you will see the parrellels,the types and shadows.
A few quick points
It comes directly before Christ
All go out to that ministry
Its enemy is False Religion(Jezebel)
It preaches the truth in some way to the Anti Christ(even though its not accepted)
It causes an outpouring
3 1/2 yrs is always involved
Elijah seems to come from nowhere

The ministry of Elijah began the Church and The Ministry of Elijah ends the Church age

Their are times when their is persecution and sometimes their is not,Their are Times when Stephen is stoned to death and martyred and their are times when Billy Graham lives to be 97 plus years and at some stage goes to be with the lord peacefully in his old age.
First things first before the marythrdom though comes the powerful ministry of Elijah through the Church then the martyrdom.
What im saying is that Deitrich Bonehoffer only part tells the story and with only that part I would also conclude as he does,
Yours Staff

2016/1/10 18:27Profile
staff

Re:

Dear Julius

To Clarify the Spirit of Elijah is (just) a move of the Holy Spirit prior to Christs Appearance it doesnt superceed or in any way mean Elijah is greater than Christ but we have to remember Christ humbled himself and came under John the Baptist ministry for a reason.What was that reason?

Also without John The Baptist their is no Pentecost it couldnt happen a fact recognised by Peter directly before the outpouring on that day,
So their is no contradiction their is a pattern that is the same three times in the Bible each time revealing something new about how God deals with things prior to the day of the lord,
Yours Staff

2016/1/10 18:54Profile
dolfan

Alabama

Re:

Someone I love sent me a link to a "word given" to a certain well known preacher. Who it is matters not, but what he said both rang true and rang false to me. I do not have a copy of what was said and really don't care to get into the specifics of his "prophecy". But I have thought on it throughout the day.

We are reaching a point, it seems to me, where the stern warnings are becoming more widely known. Let us be careful -- when men repeat the severity and seriousness of God and His warnings -- that we watch closely for equivocation in them in the form of smooth words and things that would seem to put off the Day and would seem to interject more "peace and prosperity" or that offer to limit the extent of judgment to come.

These voices are coming. They will be frequent soon. Key buzz words like revival, judgment, repentance, remnant will be spoken. The speakers will not mean what the Lord is saying. They will leverage God's message for a meaning that keeps their ministry offering plates spinning.

We need to band together as the body wherever we are and ask for God to give the Body discernment.

2016/1/10 19:37Profile

Re:

Quote:
by staff on 2016/1/10 18:54:23

"To Clarify the Spirit of Elijah is (just) a move of the Holy Spirit"

Amen!

And the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Christ which has dwelt in men since Pentecost. Without Jesus Christ there would be no Pentecost.

Jesus Christ has dwelt in men since Pentecost not John the Baptist and men with the Spirit of Christ have stood up against the Spirit of Jezebel in every century.

Just like Elijah the Church has drawn out the Jezebel spirit in the religious system. The greatest enemy of Elijah, Jezebel will try to stop, manipulate, seduce, or discredit this ministry through any number of diabolical schemes. Today is no different, as the Spirit of Jezebel attempts to discredit the ministry of the Church in all the same ways as we see in Elijah's time. Elijah triumphed over Jezebel however, John was martyred by Herodias, Jezebel's New Testament counterpart.

Many men and women have been martyred by the great whore of Babylon. Today, we all triumph in Christ even if we lose our life. The spirit of Jezebel CANNOT be tolerated in the life and ministry of the Church and exposing this spirit is often met with severe persecution and even death.

As we both know, John and Elijah prefigure Christ who now dwells in His Church. Additionally, half of Elijah's ministry he confronted governments and holy men of God have spilled their blood through the centuries standing up to evil governments which had made alliances with the religious beast.

Elijah's ministry was also marked with 14 miracles and the Church through Christ is marked by miracles, too. There are many more parallels between Elijah and John the Baptist and the ministry of Christ through his Church.

I would be happy to go through them with you.

And of course let's not forget the humility of Christ, whose spirit lives in us.

2016/1/10 22:05

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy