SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : demonic oppression

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

demonic oppression

Hey guys I am in need of prayer. The past few months i have been having this presence that seems to come upon me at different times throughout the week or every other week and it seems to try to paralize my body or attack my body and weaken. I can feel the presence come upon me and i just woke up from feeling something try holding me down in my bed. Earlier today I started having struggles with my memory again. I talked to one of my deacons about some of this stuff on wednesday and it seems to still persist. I have been praying more fervently not only from my deliverance but also the salvation of my wife and my family that I live with and their deliverance from their sins and bondage. My Mom and her drinking and my brother and his drug problem. I spent a long time in prayer today with the Lord. But, to be honest with I have been struggling with my faith for some time now. It just seems like the more i pray and seek the Lord at times the demonic attacks still come upon me. I just dont understand, has the lord gave me over or just allowing me to have this thorn in the flesh or is it because i am living in a bad environment. I really don't know. I dont want to quit, please keep me in your prayer. John

2016/1/9 3:02
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: demonic oppression

praying John.

2016/1/9 3:08Profile

Re:

Greetings John

James 4 v7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. But read the rest of the chapter too .

Some more Scriptures (from "Desiring God")
Hebrews 4:16 - Let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and may find grace to help in time of need.
Hebrews 7:25 - He is able to save forever those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.
Hebrews 11:6 - Without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who draws near to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

The devil could also influence you through certain music, videos, books, meditation, "relaxing" exercises, like Yoga etc.
It is important to look at all those areas as well.

Thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ
http://www.crossroad.to/HisWord/verses/topics/victory.htm

Will pray for you - blessings!

2016/1/9 23:01
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

John have you been to your dr for a full physical including blood work?

2016/1/9 23:09Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

John, your living situation is a mess and you are right now ill equipped to navigate that mess. I don't know that what you are going through is "demonic oppression", although I am sure the enemy takes delight in your plight.

Keep praying, keep in the Word, keep in fellowship.

Move somewhere with just you and your wife. Another city even. Your mother's drinking and your brother's drug use are not your problem. You are way more than concerned for them. You are wallowing in their mire. You are no good to them as things are. You need separation and time to get perspective from the Lord.

2016/1/10 0:07Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Move somewhere with just you and your wife. Another city even. Your mother's drinking and your brother's drug use are not your problem. You are way more than concerned for them. You are wallowing in their mire. You are no good to them as things are. You need separation and time to get perspective from the Lord.

I believe the above is sound counsel if the Lord would open the doors and confirm this.

I know I have counselled you to do this before, please go through this entire document and read it aloud, praying everything outloud: http://www.antiocha2.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Steps-To-Freedom-In-Christ.pdf

Take steps with any object also in your home that could be opening a door with the enemy.

2016/1/10 1:17Profile

Re:

Hey guys sorry for taking so long to get back to you. Yes, I went to doctor a few months back and got two tests done the only thing they found wrong was my vitamin d levels were low. I have tried examine what could be wrong for a long time if you knew I sometimes freak out over the smallest bad thoughts I have. But, I have noticed my thinking gets bad with too much caffeine and sugar. So I do need to slow down on that and I need to sleep better which is affected my thinking to. A few years ago when I was having the back issues I starred taking some medicine for anxiety and at first it seemed to helped slightly and then I started having really bad thoughts and became very tired all the time and I made the decision to stop taking it and trust God. That was in early 2013 and I got a lot better, but then it has been this past year my problems have started up again and it really began to happen around Christmas of 2015 when I became burned out from everything. I was working for two years at Wal-Mart and I hadn't had a vacation yet. I had just finally began to be healed by the Lord slowly from my health problems with my back and was able to work again, but I was dead set I didn't want to fall again from where I was so when I started working again at Wal-Mart it was truly a blessing. A month before I got the job at Wal-Mart I started attending first Baptist church of lockport and I have been their since. Also I started finding healing especially with my quiet times with the Lord in prayer and reading scripture. Which I still do but with new job not as frequent or not as long as before. But anyways I kind of took a legalistic stand with these things in fear that if I didn't go to church or do my devotions that the Lord was going to come down on me with chastizement or I was going to open doors to demonic spirits so I made sure I made every church service and almost every bible study and Sunday school class, I made sure I did my devotionals every day at lunch at work or I prayed, I made sure I didn't look or rarely communicate with any girl in fear I was going to fall again and I tried to live perfect to the point every thought that was bad I confessed it instantly even if the devil put it their. I was afraid I was going to be chastised. But this was what I was doing everyday and if I didn't do it I became fearful of what would happen. So a year ago I just got burned out and felt bad I was burned out. I found some encouragement in the life of rich Mullins from the movie ragamuffin just to have freedom in my life. Which then I got I believe a revelation from God in the summer that I have been believing lies about God and everything so that it is something I think I one of my main problems is I keep believing I am going to get punished by god

2016/1/14 20:18
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Have you done this brother?

I know I have counselled you to do this before, please go through this entire document and read it aloud, praying everything outloud: http://www.antiocha2.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Steps-To-Freedom-In-Christ.pdf

2016/1/14 20:25Profile

Re:

I mean everything I do I have had this mind set and the scary thing that I get attacked by what I thought was God but now know is evil spirits from wrong belief but it is got so bad when I start walking in the truth or not believe the lies I get oppressed so my thoughts become out of control and I start feeling physical attacks from a presence that weakens my body or comes down upon me and then my body losing feeling. I at times have been fearful of expressing everything on hear out of fear of chastizement too. I cant even work anymore because I start working too hard and the evil presence weakens my body at work so I start working slow and I don't get my productivity numbers so then I could get fired. I am so fearful and at times I start getting my mind on Christ and I notice but then it like these evil spirits overpower me get weak again. It is .so frustrating. I am in fear of going to another church. But anyways I am a mess I do I appreciate your prayers and wisdom. If I do keep my job I wont have money to move out sadly. Thank you so much for hearing me

2016/1/14 20:33

Re:

Hey Greg, yes I have gone through this I could go through it again. Appreciate it brother.

2016/1/14 20:35

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy