SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Mere Christianity

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
PosterThread
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

bearmaster, I am not bringing up Calvinism, I am bringing up the clear doctrine of election and predestination, which is different. Both Arminians and Calvinists hold to predestination and election since it's too clear in the Bible. The question they debate is on what basis God predestines and elects, whether it's based on Him foreknowing one's decision or based purely on His sovereign choice. I'm not getting into that here.

2016/1/6 15:52Profile
brothagary

Re:

Yep oacio I understand you ,basically agree with you on all the points you raised .

And jfw I agree mostly with what you said about the reality of God that he has showed all men In nature and so forth ,only condemns them , I get that from romons as well,,,

But coliniius was a gentile who was in fluenced by the mosaic by the Jewish customs and was one who feard God ,in a way that prosalits were ,and more then likely by the teachings of Jesus and the apostals preaching in their area , so really is an example how God draws people through the gospel and the old covenant prophetical teachings ,,,, just like the eunuch was ..... These are really different situations then the one talked about here ..

2016/1/6 16:58Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

No hard feelings here either, Oracio. I enjoy these discussions. If we all felt exactly the same way about everything it would be pretty boring-- except in heaven of course. I am sure we will all be on the same page there.

2016/1/6 17:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy