SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What If Jesus Had Been Born 2,000 Years Later in the American Police State?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

"In My Mother's Womb"

in 2003, the Lord gave me a compilation, a Word, dealing with the hideous sin of abortion, and under His Strong Hand, I cut it together in the evening hours, weeping as I assembled the edits, and entitled this compilation "In My Mothers Womb"

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=25484

Now, to the other posters that have commented, I made that post, because I thought the article of some interest.

I did not write it, John Rutherford did, and as to my "opinion"...or what I feel about it? That is between me and the LORD, as it will be, and as it should be.

2015/12/27 12:15
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: "In My Mother's Womb"

Quote:
neilgin1 ...Now, to the other posters that have commented, I made that post, because I thought the article of some interest.

That's the way I took it, you didn't write it, we're not to be held accountable for what someone else wrote, as you said, it's between you and God.

2015/12/27 12:51Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: What If Jesus Had Been Born 2,000 Years Later in the American Police State?

I get the point of this article.

While some of these attacks on citizens right's are not commonplace - yet, you youngsters should remember that people are arrested today for things that were common not all that many years ago - things people did with no harm to others.

Consider:

Boys use to take pocket knives to school. And what did they do with them? Play with them; may have had a piece of wood they were carving; in any case it was a part of their attire.

If you drove a pick-up to school the likely hood of it having a gun rack was common and it may have held one. No one thought of using it to kill anyone. Guns were a part of the cargo in a truck as was a jack.

Many children were born at home. I wasn't but my husband was.

Today - depending on where you live - it is illegal to collect rain water...yet here in our neck of the woods we are still very country and do so with no fear from the sheriff.

Parents can get in trouble by the DHS for spanking their children; not allowing them to be immunized; opting out of certain treatment for illnesses the medical establishment considers essential for survival; home schooling...

And the list goes on and on and on...

Yes, how would Jesus have fared if he had been born in a big city? Not well, but if he had been born in a redneck town in MS - one that the ACLU had not discovered yet - he likely would have survived quite well!

Sandra

2015/12/27 16:39Profile

Re:

So the point of the article is really to draw attention to the "police state" not to Jesus. You could change the name of Jesus to Christians because all of that is happening not only to Christians but to non-Christians, too.

But, this world has always had police states and the Christian has been called and equipped to "reign in life", through Christ. In Him we live and move and have our being, we are citizens of heaven and nothing in this world is capable of stealing our peace and joy unless we surrender to the god of this world. We have received (now) a Kingdom that cannot be moved because we have a King that defeated Satan and death. The Christian should never fear man nor devil. Let them do their worst. They have no power.

Daniel 12:3
And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

Isaiah 60:1-2
Arise, shine; for thy light is come,
and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee.

For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth,
and gross darkness the people:
but the Lord shall arise upon thee,
and his glory shall be seen upon thee.

2015/12/27 17:00
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Amen J!

2015/12/27 18:14Profile

sister Sandra

I kind of figured a gal from MS would get it.

we haven't posted to each other in long time. I posted that up just cause I thought it interesting.

Its just something how quick this country seems to be going to hell in a handbasket, but quick, don't it?

I Praise God I live deep rural up here in the Great White North, the Upper Midwest, where the total population of the county, the size of New York City, is 20,000 souls. the problem up here is MOST of the churches are Lutheran and United Methodist, and in the three county area, not ONE church has a dedicated, Holy Ghost prayer meeting.....an intercessory prayer meeting, and Len Ravenhill has always been a mentor to me, and he said, "i wont be a member of a church that doesn't have a prayer meeting"....and I stick with that. I been going from church to church, looking, searching, talking to the pastors, gently asking, "why don't we get a prayer meeting going on a Tuesday or Thursday night, why don't you pray on that?".........and you know what most of them say in return?

"Yeh, i'll THINK about it"........and then nothing.

which is pretty disheartening, because the meeting I value above all, is the intercessory prayer meeting...its true you'll get maybe 5 to 10 saints, but its not the numbers that matter in that meeting, I always pray the Lord will bless with a weeping ministry, and just lay flat out on the floor, and pray, do business with Jesus.

country living, how I love it....and in regards to the OP, and what you wrote, remember I said there's 20,000 folks?....well I estimate each one has at the very least 5 long rifles and sidearms.......and in 35 years, I cant recall ANYBODY being shot, God forbid...or murdered, he only thing we had like that , was some poor confused and angry bachelor farmer, who got on an anti-tax thing, holed himself up in his farm and decided to take on the county Sheriff .....in the city, they would just got in their military SWAT gear, and ended him....but our Sheriff just had some of the deputies surround the place, got on the bullhorn, tried to talk some sense into him, he wasn't having any part of that, came out shooting...he had been taking some shots at the deputies, and when he came shooting, know what they did? they hit him with those bean bag rounds, and knocked him down and out.....why kill the old man?.....everybody knew him, they knew he had gone crazier than an outhouse rat.....why kill him?
\
now he's in the state jail over a measly 5,000 dollar property past due tax bill.

the whole point I was making, is that even though firearms outnumber people up here, we're not like that up here....murder and mayhem.....nor does our county care whether folks save rainwater (don't have to anyway, we're the OPEC of clean drinking water, got 20% of the earths clean water in these parts) nobodies forced to get vaccines here, etc etc etc.

but its good to post to you again, my dear sister, much love in Christ, neil

2015/12/27 21:18

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy