SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : A few encouraging Bible verses

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

A few encouraging Bible verses

Psalm 101:7 ESV

No one who practices deceit shall dwell in my house; no one who utters lies shall continue before my eyes.

Proverbs 20:17 ESV

Bread gained by deceit is sweet to a man, but afterward his mouth will be full of gravel.

Proverbs 26:24-26 ESV

Whoever hates disguises himself with his lips and harbors deceit in his heart; when he speaks graciously, believe him not, for there are seven abominations in his heart; though his hatred be covered with deception, his wickedness will be exposed in the assembly.

Psalm 120:2 ESV

Deliver me, O Lord, from lying lips, from a deceitful tongue.

Romans 16:18 ESV

For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites, and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive.

Psalm 36:3 ESV

The words of his mouth are trouble and deceit; he has ceased to act wisely and do good.

Jeremiah 17:9 ESV

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?

Proverbs 19:9 ESV

A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who breathes out lies will perish.

1 Peter 3:10 ESV

For “Whoever desires to love life and see good days, let him keep his tongue from evil and his lips from speaking deceit;

Psalm 10:7 ESV

His mouth is filled with cursing and deceit and oppression; under his tongue are mischief and iniquity.

Mark 7:20-23 ESV /

And he said, “What comes out of a person is what defiles him. For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, coveting, wickedness, deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride, foolishness. All these evil things come from within, and they defile a person.”

2 Timothy 3:12-15 ESV /

Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, while evil people and impostors will go on from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived. But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have firmly believed, knowing from whom you learned it and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.

Jeremiah 9:6 ESV /

Heaping oppression upon oppression, and deceit upon deceit, they refuse to know me, declares the Lord.

Proverbs 24:28 ESV

Be not a witness against your neighbor without cause, and do not deceive with your lips.

Colossians 3:9-10 ESV

Do not lie to one another, seeing that you have put off the old self with its practices and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge after the image of its creator.

2015/12/22 11:42

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy