SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Inspiring thoughts from a preacher of the past

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sdidde

Milpitas, CA, USA

Inspiring thoughts from a preacher of the past

Following God Wholeheartedly, Josh 14:11

"As yet I am as strong this day as I was in the day that Moses sent me: as my strength was then, even so it is my strength now; for war, both to go out, and to come in."

What was the secret of Caleb's strength and faith? We see the answer in the 8th verse. Here he says,

"But I wholly followed the Lord my God."

Following God wholly with your whole personality, and accepting the truth of God as it is with your whole mind, is true faith. Truth has life in it. When you accept the truth half-heartedly, that life does not flow in you. A double-minded man has always an inward struggle and suffers physically and mentally. One of the things the Holy Spirit does is to unify the heart and mind.
If a man lives for God, God will lift him to responsibility. ...Neither matrimony nor money should get in the way of your serving God.....

The Holy Spirit unites all the forces in man to serve God. Caleb says his strength was the same as it was forty years earlier.

To serve God, you will have to work very hard. You cannot sleep when you like. You cannot read what you like. You cannot behave as you like. You cannot marry as you like.
Heaven orders all things for you.

Why should we not follow God wholly in these modern days? The world is famished for the sight of a man of God - a man in whom the Word of God has done its complete work! A man who has subjected his body, soul and spirit to the Word of God is needed today.....

(An excerpt from a sermon by Mr N. Daniel)

SD

2015/12/21 13:19Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy