SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics :  Silence in the face of my accuser

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Silence in the face of my accuser

I have recently come under verbal attack by someone close to me. The person is a Christian. I have spent time with this person. Been in their home. Have prayer walked with them.

Three different times this person has verbally attacked me through email. Each time as I have gone before the Lord. I have always since the Holy Spirit telling me to be silent. This is hard. As my flesh cries to justify myself. But somehow by the grace of God I have remain silent in the face of my accuser.

I noticed this seems to frustrate the person who accuses me. When I don't respond to their emails. It gets them more frustrated at me. And consequently the verbal attacks on the part of my accuser increases.

I'm reminded of Jesus silence before his accusers. I remember reading about devotional commentary about the silence of Jesus. The commentator made a observation about Jesus being quiet. He said Jesus was silent because he was not the one on trial.

I wonder if anyone in the forum has had a similar experience as to what I'm describing? How did your experience turn out?

What really hurts is this person is a believer. If my accuser wear a non believer. It would be easier to bear the attack. But when it is a Christian who is attacking you. One that you were close to. It is much harder the bear the attacks. And the verbal abuse wounds deeper. Yet I still must pray. Father forgive this person for she knows not what she does.

Brothers and sisters if you would please keep me in your prayers. For this person has described themself to me as my thorn in the flesh. Very interesting choice of words. As Paul described his thorn in the flesh as a messenger of Satan.

I kead a national global prayer call where we pray for the persecuted church and the
the global harvest. I believe God is hearing our prayers. And heaven will bear the fruit of those prayers. But because of this person's attacks. I am almost prepared to shut the call down.

Brothers and sisters very seldom do I post prayer request. But I do ask humbly for your prayers. For I do not know how much longer I can bare these attacks.

Your brother in Christ.

Blaine

2015/12/20 15:59
mama27

Re: Silence in the face of my accuser

I will pray...

2015/12/20 16:26Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Blaine, obey the Lord. You have the POWER to remain silent. As did Jesus. God will suffice for you and sustain you though it be hard. I pray too with you.

2015/12/20 20:54Profile
Elibeth

Dear Bro.

I would like to encourage you to,..Walk in The Spirit.

And to patiently wait on The Lord.

"Silence in the face of my accusers"....
(The fruits of The Spirit)
LONG-SUFFERING,...GENTLENESS,...KINDNESS,..etc.,...in the face of these trials.

The Lord strengthen you in Him,

Praying,
elizabeth

2015/12/20 23:17Profile

Re:

Praying for you brother, will speak to you tomorrow..........bro Frank

2015/12/21 0:40

Re:

Praying for you, Blaine to remain strong in the Lord.

It is never easy being misunderstood, let alone maligned and falsely accused by those who call themselves Believers.

May the Lord give you grace to walk through this.

2015/12/21 7:30
followthelamb

In Christ

Online!
 Re:

Praying, brother Blaine 🙏

2015/12/21 7:40Profile
dfella

Canton, Michigan

Re:

I know full well what it is like to be falsely accused by those closest to me. If God is for you, who can be against you? Pray for your accuser, it works!!! I had several and God has wonderfully restored and reconciled us all.

Psalms 62:1-12 To the chief Musician, to Jeduthun, A Psalm of David. Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation. (2) He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved. (3) How long will ye imagine mischief against a man? ye shall be slain all of you: as a bowing wall shall ye be, and as a tottering fence. (4) They only consult to cast him down from his excellency: they delight in lies: they bless with their mouth, but they curse inwardly. Selah. (5) My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him. (6) He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved. (7) In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. (8) Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah. (9) Surely men of low degree are vanity, and men of high degree are a lie: to be laid in the balance, they are altogether lighter than vanity. (10) Trust not in oppression, and become not vain in robbery: if riches increase, set not your heart upon them. (11) God hath spoken once; twice have I heard this; that power belongeth unto God. (12) Also unto thee, O Lord, belongeth mercy: for thou renderest to every man according to his work.

Psalms 64:1-10 To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. Hear my voice, O God, in my prayer: preserve my life from fear of the enemy. (2) Hide me from the secret counsel of the wicked; from the insurrection of the workers of iniquity: (3) Who whet their tongue like a sword, and bend their bows to shoot their arrows, even bitter words: (4) That they may shoot in secret at the perfect: suddenly do they shoot at him, and fear not. (5) They encourage themselves in an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them? (6) They search out iniquities; they accomplish a diligent search: both the inward thought of every one of them, and the heart, is deep. (7) But God shall shoot at them with an arrow; suddenly shall they be wounded. (8) So they shall make their own tongue to fall upon themselves: all that see them shall flee away. (9) And all men shall fear, and shall declare the work of God; for they shall wisely consider of his doing. (10) The righteous shall be glad in the LORD, and shall trust in him; and all the upright in heart shall glory.

2015/12/21 9:56Profile

Re: Thank You

My brothers and sisters thank you so much for your prayers. I do believe I'm seeing the victory of God in this situation. Please forgive me for not responding individually to your posts. But just know I take your heart felt prayers very seriously. And do not take them for granted.

One thing I do appreciate regarding this forum. And certainly thank God for. When somebody has a need for prayer and it is posted. People do pray. So again thank you so much for your prayers. & I wish each and everyone of you a very Merry Christmas. And a very Christ centered blessed new year.

With much love and appreciation to you. Your brother in Christ,

Blaine

Father I do thank you for these prayers and pray you bless each of these intercessors. In Jesus name. Amen

2015/12/21 11:51

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy