SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Would we have the same response???

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
proudpapa

Re:

RE: ///Given the fact that Richard Wurmbrand suffered under the hands of the communist. Some slack may be given to him to make such quotes. But I really wonder if he believed what he was saying in his spirit. Particularly in light of what he spoke at the church in Toronto in his desire to see communist saved.///

When Wumbrand unapologetically spoke against communism and communist regimes, He in no way is condridicting his :" desire to see communist saved "

Blain the difference in Wumbrand and yourself is that he had to deal with these issues from a practical experienced reality, where as you deal with them from a romanticized perspective

edit : clarity

add : Blain wrote : ///"I do not think that in His ministry Jesus condoned the use of the temporal sword to advance His kingdom purposes."///
I am agreement with that.
But that has nothing to do with the discussion of this thread

2015/12/16 14:12Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Anabaptists believe the purpose of the state is to curtail evil in order to have a civil society because they understand no power but force, even violent force.

We understand the right to use force to punish evil is given to the state as taught in Romans 13. The function of the church is to evangelize and build up the body of Christ. The punishment of evil does rests with the state. Since our purpose and function differs we believe we have no right to tell the state how they should do their job.

This is the mindset of conservative Anabaptists. Liberal Mennonites believe the state should operate using Sermon on the Mount principles. Conservatives say they are at odds and cannot be done. Personally, I think the USA should stay our of other countries fights and let them take care of their own troubles...been too much like a man who takes a dog by the ears.(Proverbs 26:17) But I am not to tell them how they need to function.

Sandra

2015/12/16 16:19Profile

Re: Back to the OP

I want to redirect this thread back to the OP. Our brother Richard Wormbrandt saw an opportunity for gospel harvest with the invading Russians coming into Romania. We have an opportunity for gospel harvest with the Muslim refugees if they our admitted into this country.

It has been said if we do not go to the nations then God will bring the nations to us. God brought the Russians to Romania to hear the gosoel and be saved. He is bringing the Muslims to Anerica so that they may hear the gospel and be saved.

The question is will we accept the challenge and command of Jesus to share the gospel to those who come to our shores.

My thiughts.

2015/12/16 18:57
proudpapa

Re:

RE: ///The question is will we accept the challenge and command of Jesus to share the gospel to those who come to our shores.///

I am in absolute agreement.

I personally think what is going on is that we have some in charge whom want to drastically change the religious and political climate of the US, How great it would be to beat them at there own game : and start loving and Converting all the refugess coming in.

2015/12/16 19:34Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Please forgive me,but my time is very limited these days..,and hope to read all the post. I did read Julius post thus far,and agree fully with his thoughts and Scriptures confirming those thoughts.

elizabeth

2015/12/16 19:44Profile

Re:

PP I am in agreement with your last post. God grant as grace that we can beat them at their own game in. And God uses to help convert the Muslims.

Blaine

2015/12/16 19:53
proudpapa

Re:

Blain,
Maybe we can look into the resettlement programs in Little Rock, Maybe I can come and join you there and see what we can do to share the Gospel.

I am not joking

add: this is what I found so far http://www.rcusa.org/uploads/pdfs/WRD-2014/Arkansas.pdf

2015/12/16 19:53Profile

Re: Elisabeth

Dear sister your comments are always welcome on this thread.

2015/12/16 19:54

Re:

Agree with everyone that this could very well be the Lord bringing these people to our shores. Obviously, He is allowing it. They must have such a deep, spiritual vacuum in their souls. I look very much forward to showing them the love of God. I have already had the opportunity and the ones I have shared with are very open and receptive. Kind of like a non-religious Catholic. I always have success with them.

2015/12/16 19:57

Re: PP

Brother it would be my honor to partner with you in sharing the gospel with the Muslims or any other lost souls.

Actually we do have a Muslim enclave here. It is a small neighborhood but growing. I have thought about going out there and doing some prayer walks. And talking with those that Jesus might bring across my path.

2015/12/16 19:57

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy