SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Purpose Driven Covenant: Cause for joy or angiush?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re: You must have been stewing on that for a while.

Dear Lahry,

You have just proved my point. ;-)

You may well have just replaced my name with Rick, at least then you would have been speaking to the right person. Talk about friendly fire.

Enjoy the rest of your day,

2005/6/1 8:17Profile

Re:

Lahry points out

Quote:
The word "blood" has been eliminated 41 times in the NIV as compared to most other translations.

This is a salutory piece of information. Is this really a departure from the Greek, in those cases? Does anybody out there, know?

It's big food for thought, as the NIV reads so well in places and many, many Christians use it as their translation of choice. So are they missing a BIG part of the message? Hmmm.

2005/6/1 9:20

Re:

There's plenty of info online about the NIV. Check it out.

2005/6/1 21:32
roman

Re:

Hi Lahry,

Can you please write down specific website where we can check this NIV issue.

I tried to search but have not found one.
Thanks much Bro.

Roman

2005/6/3 1:43Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Off the couch

Couch,

Quote:
Right now it seems "pretty easy" to identify false teaching or deception in many cases, but as times moves along, I have reason to believe from the scriptures that it will be harder and harder to distinguish the truth from the lie. If we ourselves aren't cultivating the Lord's heart within us in these "obvious" situations, how will we know what to think or what path to take when the deception grows increasingly subtle?

"Muddy". Couldn't agree more and would go further in that we are already in ankle deep, but also have every reason to believe that you are correct, the Lord said as much in [i]... deceiving the elect, IF that were possible[/i].

1Co 14:32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.
1Co 14:33 For God is not the author of [u]confusion[/u], but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

Jam 3:16 For where envying and strife is, there is [u]confusion[/u] and every evil work.
Quote:
I've always had a suspect feeling about the whole PDL movement

"Suspect",

"Test all things"... Wonder how long it will go when the warnings will start to sound like just so much clanging cymbals... if it hasn't already.

Been musing much, or maybe it's just do to the stark reality of present circumstances,... of just how much [i]noise[/i] there is. Bombarded by technology in so many different fashions, even if you didn't 'use' it, it is using us. If somehow we could illuminate all the unseen communication traveling through the air waves, could you imagine what it might look like? Would think it would block the sun. "Noisy" thoughts, distractions, just to pray in silence... to unload all these things, not in complaint per se, but just because it is so much dead weight, worthless, everything to drown out The Still Small Voice.

Old paths. Narrow way. [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=1865]Finished with the World[/url]

And yet, that is 'just' the world, what of these strange and obscure twistings of what scripture teaches, not our multiplied interpretations and multifaceted applications. Ultimately 'What sayeth the Lord"? Mans thoughts about Gods thoughts, taking the lead instead of being led, the double-mindedness of having so much 'knowledge' and knowing so very little, so little change, so little renunciation of our selves, so little humility and brokenness, quiet suffering for His sake. "Born again" and "New Creatures" made to be akin to a new outfit to wear for a time until it goes out of fashion. Man centered. What comes to mind when the PDL, PDC or Mr. Warrens name is mentioned? For me instantly it is not Jesus, not God, not 'Purpose' but, "Empire".

All this to be construed as just more sour grapes and pontificating..It's not anger but grief and sadness. It just seems to be the great distraction, a running away from the Truth instead of towards it.

1Th 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, [b]ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe[/b].

Thank God there is a treasure here of the maps to the old paths, the narrow way, a true compass pointing [i]backwards[/i] it's not the paradox it may seem.

To listen to someone like dear brother Len talk of the state of things [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=1702]Interview with Ravenhill (video)[/url] [i]then[/i], Oh what a grace it is that he did not have to see this day. And that is not to exalt them anymore than the ones of our time, but there is something that he mentioned towards the end of this that stuck and it was on the order of '[i]reading anyone that what draw me closer to knowing God... I want to know God the way they knew God and more so'[/i] something to that effect. This interview is just so rich with a life lived out, poured out... 70 years of experience, someone who had seen it all, who understood what revival was and yet never really experienced it in it's fullness, though he longed for it so. What is touted as such now, by even the likes of this muddy psychological self purpose humanism is not revival at all, the four minute car wash conversions... The parable of the sower and the seeds on dry ground... That the pastors and churches could take this whole interview to heart, if they would even hear it. But I pray that if anyone here hasn't yet, the whole of it for certain but at least to give a listen to the last 20 minutes or so. Here's a short post with the links for the audio only as well...

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=845&forum=40#4326]Leonard Ravenhill Interview[/url]

This is just such a pregnant statement:

"If we ourselves aren't cultivating the Lord's heart within us in these "obvious" situations, how will we know what to think or what path to take when the deception grows increasingly subtle?"

EDIT: Some unfinished thought over here:
[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=5794&forum=35]Watchmen or Witchhunter![/url]

2005/6/3 10:23Profile
couch

College Station, TX

Re:

Brother,

Thank you.

You have illuminated this even further. Great word about the level of noise, it does seem that it is all a big distraction, to keep from thinking on eternal things, much less God Himself.

Let us pray for each other to find consistent refuge in the Lord from the seducing spirits of this age, even (especially)if they be religious.

Thank you Lord for You.

2005/6/3 11:08Profile

Re: roman

Here is a link as you requested. Please come back and testify about what you learn at this site. Thank you.http://www.picknowl.com.au/homepages/rlister/bible/niv2.htm

2005/6/6 12:48
roman

Re:

To Whom It May Concern:

Issue: NIV - "deleted the blood"

First of all, my apologies to all for posting this issue that is not related in this PDL thread. But since this issue is mentioned in this thread, I thought it would best to post it here so that the people who followed this thread will be able to read this posting.

From the website given by Lahry (http://www.picknowl.com.au/homepages/rlister/bible/niv2.htm), you will see in "Bible Version" subject in that website that not only NIV is in question but also NKJV & NASB. These are questioned in comparison to KJB (King James Bible).

1) KJB translation is based on the Bible manuscripts that were available at that time.

2) Modern Bible translation (i.e., NIV, NKJV, NASB) used the manuscripts for KJB plus other manuscripts that were discovered after the KJB translation.

According to scholars, date of the manuscript plays a very important role in authencity of any writings. The latter the date, the more authentic the writings are.

The additional manuscripts used in the modern Bible translations are older than the manuscripts used by KJB. As had been said, "the older, the more authentic," so the Bible scholars took into consideration the older manuscripts that lead to difference in translation from KJB.

As for the difference in the translation, they made a "marginal notes" so that the reader will still be able to read as the other translations.

As for my stand, I am not taking sides because KJB & modern Bible translations have their reasonable reasons for such difference in translation. Plus I can not really tell which is 100% correct considering the manuscripts themselves have their differences. With these differences of the manuscripts, how can we expect our translation to be the same.

My solution is this, when we read the Bible, take notice of the "marginal notes" in that translation and it's best to check other translations.

I know it is very important to have a "correct" translation but how can we "truly know" which is which. If I may say this "God is in control." Even before we came to this time, He knew this would happen and He allowed it. So, if we are in Him, we could trust Him to guide us with His Spirit.

The world will end with all these church differences in doctrine & Bible translation differences still unresolve. I believe this will be resolved only when Jesus comes. As the book of Revelation said "Jesus will reign with His saints for a 1000 years:" I would like to believe that part of His reigning would be straightening our wrong doctines/beliefs.

As long as we are in Him ... abiding in Him, He will be with us to guide us in our walk with Him.

"He is faithful to keep us from falling." We will not fall [to the devil] as long as we stay with Him and not move out from Him - remember we have our own free will.

In Christ,

Roman

2005/6/10 0:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy