SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Going to pot? Canada leads way in legalizing marijuana

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Going to pot? Canada leads way in legalizing marijuana

Justin Trudeau raised eyebrows when he admitted to having dabbled in marijuana while a member of parliament, but his pledge as prime minister to legalize pot has been broadly cheered.

He said in a policy speech on Friday that his Liberal government would introduce legislation as early as 2016 to legalize marijuana, making Canada the first in the G7 bloc of industrialized nations to do so, although precise details remain sketchy.
Two in three Canadians support decriminalizing possession and use of the mind-altering weed, according to a recent Ipsos poll. ...

read more: http://news.yahoo.com/going-pot-canada-leads-way-legalizing-marijuana-173813674.html

2015/12/9 6:19Profile
docs

It's likely

It seems likely to be proposed here in the not too far future. If they can't get folks to reconsider then they eventually giver up and make it legal so as to not be bothered by it. Pot is really no different than having a couple of whiskey bottles at home for consumption. Some folks drink entirely legal whiskey and some smoke entirely illegal pot while alcohol has caused much much more trouble in this world.

2015/12/9 14:29Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re: It's likely

I always remember when grewing up in a drug rehab when I was 12 in Texas that they use to say that cannibis was the gateway drug to all the other drugs. My Dad was formerly as drug addict and was planning to open a drug rehab centre in London (Hemel Hempstead) But didnt.
What stops other hard drugs being legalised.
http://biblehub.com/greek/5331.htm

2015/12/9 16:59Profile
docs

Re: It's likely

I always remember when grewing up in a drug rehab when I was 12 in Texas that they use to say that cannibis was the gateway drug to all the other drugs. My Dad was formerly as drug addict and was planning to open a drug rehab centre in London (Hemel Hempstead) But didnt.
What stops other hard drugs being legalised.
http://biblehub.com/greek/5331.htm

docs: I agree. I recommend neither. I think at some point our gov't or state gov'ts may tire of the effort to curtail drugs and go the way of legalization for many of them. The 1960s in which I grew up in which romanticized drugs was really the beginning of a long and curtailed national disaster continuing this day.

2015/12/9 17:25Profile

Re: pot

I have never smoked it but i learnt quite a bit in the last few years from people who i'm trying to reach with the Gospel.

Of course smoking weed is not the answer to our problems and yes it can lead to other stuff.
But then we also need to look at the prescription drugs, the effects they have on our society. There are many statistics out there .
Then there is the problem with alcohol.

We have already discussed vaccines in other threads. To try and force people by law to be vaccinated is a far more serious. We then don't have a choice anymore, it will be decided by politicians that most of us don't fully trust . Then we now have GMO forced on us, but that would need another thread

God created every weed and herb...it should never have become a political issue.

The destiny of humanity is dependent weather we serve the Lord or not - especially in these days - if we are willing to humble ourselves, pray and seek the Lord

2015/12/9 19:02
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

The evils fought with drug laws are exacerbated more than defeated. The effort is costly and is a bloated government jobs program for law enforcement and corrections and a sector of government rife with cronyism. That is the most complimentary thing for our current drug laws I can come up with.

2015/12/9 21:06Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Did God create cannabis sativa? Poppies? The coca plant?

2015/12/9 21:19Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi TMK,

God also created the Sun. That doesn't mean that we should plan a visit (or even stare at it without filters). :-)

2015/12/10 0:34Profile

Re:

Don't eat the nightshade plant or foliage of tomatoes or potatoes.

I heard today's weed is stronger than the weed of the 60s and 70s.

Anything that makes you passive or opens you up to demonic spirits can't be good.

2015/12/10 1:00

Re:

"God also created the Sun. That doesn't mean that we should plan a visit."
No but it is not against the law to plan a visit ;)

"Anything that makes you passive or opens you up to demonic spirits can't be good. "
That includes meditation, yoga etc which are promoted even in some liberal churches.

"Did God create cannabis sativa? Poppies? The coca plant?"
I have no science degree, can't say much how we got the varieties.
My mother had cancer, cannabis oil could probably have helped her.
We know where the big poppy fields are.
Then there is that "Cocaine Importing Agency..."
The world is a complete mess and out of control.

Imo i don't think the law change will change the world for better or worse. The world is already "kaputt " only genuine repentance could change it.

2015/12/10 3:53

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy