SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The First Resurrection of the Blessed and Holy and just.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
budgie

The First Resurrection of the Blessed and Holy and just.

The First Resurrection

God makes it very clear when the First Resurrection takes place in Revelations 20

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

If it is true what God is saying then it is the First Resurrection.
Look at the qualities or character of those that are in the First Resurrection, they are Blessed and they are Holy and they reign with Christ for the 1000 years reign, it is very clear by Gods word that the First resurrection actually takes place at the beginning of the 1000 year reign, not 6 months or 7 years earlier.

Jesus even stated when the Resurrection takes place.
Look at what Jesus stated
Luk 20:34 And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this age marry, and are given in marriage:
Luk_20:35 But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that age, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage:
Luk_20:36 Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

Jesus states that the Resurrection takes place at the end of the age and that these people cannot die, they are the children of God, they are accounted worthy.

Jesus stated that there are two Resurrections
Joh_5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
Jesus states that there is a resurrection of life and a resurrection of damnation.

Paul states that there is two Resurrections one of the Just and one of the unjust

Act_24:15 And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.

Paul uses the word both which signifies two, he states that there are two Resurrections, I want to be in the resurrection of the Just, which one do you want to be in?

Jesus makes it very clear in Mark 13 that the wheat and the tares stay together until the harvest at the end of the age.
Mat 13:43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Jesus said that he would raise us believers up at the last day
Joh_6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
Joh_6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Joh_6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Joh_6:54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
Jesus made it very clear that he would raise us up at the last day, no earlier.

Paul made it very clear that the Resurrection would take place at the last trumpet.
1Co_15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Jesus said that he would gather us together to himself at the sound of the trumpet
Mat_24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

There must be something very different about this Resurrection as we know that many have been raised from the dead and it was a mission given to the Church to raise the dead
Mat_10:8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

So there must be a difference in the resurrection of Jesus and the Resurrection to come, what is that difference?

Paul tells us the difference and what Order the Resurrection is in.
1Co 15:20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
1Co 15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
1Co 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
1Co 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

Paul stated that Jesus was the first to be Resurrected Immortal and the order is that later at his coming all in Christ will be raised immortal and be as he is.
It is still a future event that in Christ shall all be made alive at his coming.

Paul stated in 1 Thessalonians 4 that the rapture takes place after the Resurrection of the dead.

God himself stated that the First Resurrection takes place when the Bride has made herself ready, when he comes to destroy the Antichrist and the beast, when he destroys the armies gathered around Jerusalem and Jesus binds Satan for 1000 years at that same coming.

Paul states in 2 Thess 2 that Jesus will not come and gather us to himself until the Apostasy and the son of perdition takes place and is revealed and that Jesus will destroy that son of perdition at that same coming.
Blessed, Holy and Just are those in the First Resurrection for they will rise immortal and will rule and reign with Christ on earth, they are immortal, they are justified.
I believe in God.

God himself in Revelations 20 teaches of two Resurrections
The First before the 1000 year reign and the last after the 1000 year reign.

Two Resurrections

Do you hope to attain the Resurrection of the dead as a child of God.

Php_3:11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

Blessed and Holy is he that is in the First Resurrection of Immortality.

I hope all are challenged by this Resurrection.

2015/12/6 23:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy