SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : My car Bursted into flames

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

My car Bursted into flames

Yes it is true. I just finished typing my message "Wisdom in Witnessing" and hit the road to go and preach it at an evangelism class and the car bursted into smoke and flames. (one time in Connecticut I just finished typing a message and hit the "save" button, and then the computer bursted into flames!) I'm ok but the car is toasted. It's completely cooked. Something shot through the engine and cause oil to splatter everywhere inside so it bursted into flames. But I did manage to get my two boxes of bibles outand my easel and displays in time!

I'll probably write more about this soon. I am taking it in good Spirits. The Lord gives and the Lord takes away. Whenever something really bad happens to me, something really good ends up happening too! What I am upset about though is that tommorow I was suppose to take a team of 6 or so into Fort Worth, and this Sunday I am suppose to speak at a Boys home. But I have friends with cars who can help me out.

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/myalbum/photos/thumbs/1270.jpg[/img]

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/myalbum/photos/thumbs/1271.jpg[/img]

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/myalbum/photos/thumbs/1272.jpg[/img]

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/myalbum/photos/thumbs/1273.jpg[/img]

2005/5/12 23:42
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: My car Bursted into flames

BROTHER!

Goodness man...

And you know I still remember the monitor incident...

Im speechless bro.... But I will continue to pray, you live an incredible life my friend, certainly the Lord is with you...man

2005/5/12 23:48Profile
Mekdi

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

Thanks God you are safe! Bro. you really threaten the kingdom of the darkness, He is after your existence on this earth.. I feel that you are already passing your test, You are praising God knowing that "everything works out for good"! The devil comes after your property for God forbade him not to come against your soul or your body! Greater guarding was done by your God than the damage on the scene!

Last month we were returning home from somewhere, my husband driving and I with my two kinds(one is 18 months) were with him. Unfortunately, me holding my toddler were sitting next to my husband ( you know in the third world like mine there is no law prohibiting such an act) I thought the road was safe for no vehicles were at view. Suddenly a car came right in front of us with speed and BANG! It was an awful accident! The girl on the other car sitting next to the driver were deadly injured! To the glory of God, all of us were safe eventhough our car was damaged heavily! My toddler were meant to be the first victim for he was the nearer one to the windshield! But there was not even a scratch! And I heard that the girl in the other vehicle also recovered! Praise God He delivered us He will deliver us and It will be forevermore! So take heart brother! May the Almighty be with you!

Your Sis Mekdi

2005/5/13 1:13Profile

Re: God is in it.

This incident does not alter God's plan, only our own sometimes. But that's ok, you never know who God will place in your path to bless because of this incident. I can hardly wait to hear the testimony. I too am giving thanks that you were unharmed. Even though we walk through the shadow of death, we have our confidence in our Shepard. For He has set a table for us in the sight of our enemies, and what a feast it is. Glory be to God.

2005/5/13 9:23
Rahman

Praise Him brother Jesse that you're fine ...

It just crossed my mind that one day our old world is just gonna start bursting out in flame, but so many folk are not gonna walk away from it ... In fact some will be catapulted by death resulting from natural flames into an eternity of never ending supernatural flames ...

It's incidents like this that make so much sense of Matt.6:19 ... "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust (and fire) doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal" ...

i like your line here,
"But I did manage to get my two boxes of bibles out and my easel and displays in time"!

i was asked a short while ago "if your home was on fire and you could only retrieve one material thing, what would it be"? ... i shot back instantly, "My old (KJV) Ryrie Study Bible" ... My own answer suprised me in a way because it brought home that my priorities had definitely changed ...

And amen about the car, "All things work together for the good", and you already know the rest ... There's probably a real good sermon hiding in this incident.

2005/5/13 9:28Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

[b]Jesse[/b]

My prayers are with you, I agree with the other brothers that the Lord is with you. "We are invincible till we have finished the will of God for our lifes." - George Whitefield.

I am continually amazed to see how the Lord is using you brother. I really enjoyed your last article: Wisdom in Witnessing & Points for Preaching

2005/5/13 10:59Profile

Re:

I appreaciate the prayers. God is good and I know He's up to something.

2005/5/13 12:44
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

It is crazy how things like that happen. I once had a clock-radio/CD player that everynight I would listen to sermons, music, bible on cd or something of that nature. One evening I was sitting in my room and I heard this constant buzzing coming from somewhere. I looked over at my clock and it was flashing something random on the display and inside (where the cd sits) was spinning uncontrolably. The smell of electronics started to fill the room.... I unplugged it and had to throw it out.

Thats not nearly as dangerous as a car catching on fire...but there was once that I was riding in a car with a friend and his car burst into flames under the hood. It was not nearly as bad as yours. It was late at night. We jumped out of the car and in the ditch next to the road was some water. We took our shirts off and soaked them in water and threw it on the engine. It finally put it out and we ended up pushing the car somewhere around 3 miles back to his house!

2005/5/13 12:56Profile
Spitfire

Re:

Love you, Jesse. Glad you're ok. Our God is good. Thanks Lord. Dian.

2005/5/14 15:39Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re:

Brother, God is in control. I am glad that you are good!

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

Your brother,
Kire

2005/5/14 16:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy