SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : What does hope mean....

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

What does hope mean....

Paul, Silas and Timothy say (to the Thessalonians), “We are always thankful as we pray for you all, for we never forget that your faith has meant solid achievement, your love which has meant hard work, and the hope that you have in our Lord Jesus Christ means sheer dogged endurance in the life that you live before God, the Father of us all.”

“The hope that you have in our Lord Jesus Christ.” What does that hope mean? What happens when you have the hope of our Lord Jesus Christ? It means sheer dogged endurance in the life that you live before God, the Father of us all. That’s what that hope means. There’s nothing else it could mean other than sheer dogged endurance that will not rest, waver, turn, or falter.

Wanted to share this as it was shared with me to encourage any one else that might be needing it today. I pray will each one of us have a day filled with hope in HIM!

God bless
mj

2015/12/2 10:36Profile

Re: What does hope mean....

Hi MJ, I like that " sheer dogged endurance." It will not rest, waiver, turn or falter. What I love about the hope that we have in Jesus and not the hope of the world is that this hope produces joy. This joy produces strength and leads to praises and God inhabits the praises of His people. I think a good example of this is Paul and Silas in the dungeon at the midnight hour. They had been beaten and whipped to within an inch of their lives and now were shackled in the lowest reaches of the dungeon. Yet this sheer dogged endurance coupled with the reality of the person of Jesus gave rise to praise and that praise brought down the presence of God to such an extent that the whole building shook. The doors of the prisoners were flung open and the jailor got saved and then his family. Glory to God. We are pilgrims heading home and nothing will come between us and our journey home............bro Frank

2015/12/2 15:06
dohzman

Now these 3

1Co 13:13
And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Heb 6:19
Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil; Heb 6:18
That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:

I placed the Heb references out of order on purpose because it will be easier to understand that way.

2015/12/3 10:51Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy