Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : So sick of false revivals want a true one

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

So sick of false revivals want a true one

Revelation 2

1 Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write ; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks;
2 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:
3 And hast borne , and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured , and hast not fainted .
4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.
5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen , and repent , and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent .
6 But this thou hast , that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate .
7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.
8 And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write ; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive ;
9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, * (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.
10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer : behold , the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried ; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.
11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.
12 And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write ; These things saith he which hath the sharp sword with two edges;
13 I know thy works, and where thou dwellest , even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein * Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth .
14 But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught * Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication .

In the book of revelation we have the church in Ephesus that has lost its candlestick, How many churches in the Uk have lost there candlestick.

When I was younger I grew up in a Church that I had to moved out of it because of the Toronto Blessing, I also had to move out of my school because of the Toronto Blessing.
During that Fake revival i had to explain to my non christian friends who were 14 and 15 at the time. Why people were laughing crazily, fake pregancies and other things in school.

Before that they were using the Revivals of say Evan Roberts, John Wesley and others to justify the Toronto Blessing. I so long and still do for a true revival like Duncan Cambell. I have read there books from an early age

During that time we had three church splits and other things.

When I split up and the church that we went to folded.

The problem is going to a church as I would regard as a commuter church in London as I live in Hemel Hempstead, as it has been so hard finding churches that teach good things.

2 Thessalonians 2:3
Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations

In thessalonians the bible talks about a last days apostasy. Thomas Ice uses the word to say that this is the rapture which takes the word out of its context.

As I used to work in the christian bookshop, I can read up to four books in a day bible commentaries. What I am basically saying with the current trends from the Word of Faith, New Apostolic Movement, Emergent Church Movement, Ecumenical Movement. I have spent most of my life trying to rebuke teachers from People like NT Wright to Bill JOhnson as working in the christian boookshop I had read things like the Puritan Paperbacks and other writing such as Charles Spurgeon and William Tyndale. When reading the writings of current modern teachers makes some of the modern books look like Candy Floss.

In our church we have had massive debates regarding the Rapture as I am Post Tribulational view in our church and our church has overemphasised Israel. To the degree to that I can quote the passages of by heart and because I have read bible commentaries do the degree when someone quotes a scripture I could quote the different views of theology on this passage and I find in our Church we are replacing the subject of the Gospel for Israel.

I believe in Israel, 100%

Romans 11King James Version (KJV)

11 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying,

3 Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.

4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.

9 And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them:

10 Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.

11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

12 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?

13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.

15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.

17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert grafted in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.

20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be grafted in: for God is able to graft them in again.

24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert grafted contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?

25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the father's sakes.

29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:

31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.

32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

34 For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?

35 Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again?

36 For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.

As a christian I know 100% that all Israel will be saved as it says in scripture.

The things it talks about a great apostasy. There are some people who to say that God is not going to do any great movements or revivals again.

Ever since I was younger I have wanted to see the true as I am sick of the false.

It seems to be turning people away from using such sites as
fighting for the faith
justin peters to deal with People like Joel Osteen, Joyce Meyer, others

Joel 2

27 And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the Lord your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed.

28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

30 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.

31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the Lord come.

32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call.

People look at the scriptures and say there is no promises of an End time Revival. The bible predicts an end Time apostasy in Matt 24

Matthew 24King James Version (KJV)

24 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.

2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:

18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.

19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

25 Behold, I have told you before.

26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:

33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.

44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?

46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.

47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.

48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;

49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;

50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,

51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

I think in Joel 2, There is a true church that is going through a revival whilst the false church is going through an apostasy.

I find it hard to justify a true revival from scripture other than for Israel. Can anybody help me , I so long for a true revival I know that I cannot do it, I know it is only God who can bring a true revival and a revival from my research always brings those in the revival a true love of scripture and of prayer and of missions.

I find my prayer life is a shame at the moment I used to be able to pray for long hours and then work has been tiring me out. I so wish I could pray for longer.

Another thing in as a christian I also would love to be a church leader but as I am not married

1 Timothy 3King James Version (KJV)

3 This is a true saying, if a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.

2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;

4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;

5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)

6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.

7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

8 Likewise must the deacons be grave, not doubletongued, not given to much wine, not greedy of filthy lucre;

9 Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience.

10 And let these also first be proved; then let them use the office of a deacon, being found blameless.

11 Even so must their wives be grave, not slanderers, sober, faithful in all things.

12 Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.

13 For they that have used the office of a deacon well purchase to themselves a good degree, and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.

14 These things write I unto thee, hoping to come unto thee shortly:

15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

The scriptures state that a deacon has to be of one wife and that a pastor is one who defends sound doctrine.

Two things as modern pastors tend to be CEOs rather than even leaders even in the biblical sense. I so long to be married so that I can be a leader in the biblical sense. I cry for that and a true revival.

It upsets me that I am not married. I have been struggling with work as I so want to provide for a family but have been getting consistently low paying jobs. I have trained for two years to be a chef.

What I find with church I tend to switch of because I have most of it before and with the abject of studying we live in an age in which has so many resources yet pastors choose not to use them. They are more seeker sensitive.

Matthew 11

21 Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works, which were done in you, had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.

22 But I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the day of judgment, than for you.

23 And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell: for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day.

24 But I say unto you, That it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for thee.

25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.

27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Sodom and Gomorrah would be judged less lightly that the countries like us who have recieved greater light regarding scipture.

People point to the great revivalist to state that I do not need to have an biblical theology understanding. When john Wesley used to go on horseback he used to read his greek primer.

Wednesday, 12. I began reading over the Greek Testament and the notes, with my brother and several others; carefully comparing the translation with the original and correcting or enlarging the notes as we saw occasion. The same day I spent part of the afternoon in the British Museum. There is a large library, a great number of curious manuscripts, many uncommon monuments of antiquity, and the whole collection of shells, butterflies, beetles, grasshoppers, and so forth, which the indefatigable Sir Hans Sloane, with such vast expense and labor, procured in a life of fourscore years.

People like George Whitfield and other revivalist had a fantastic grounding of the scriptures in the original langauges.

After reading the text, young Whitefield prayed over “‘every line and every word’ in both the English and Greek, feasting his mind and his heart upon it till its essential meaning became a part of his very person.” Whitefield devoured the words and truths of Scripture like a feast spread before his hungry soul. Little did he realize at the time that God would use his newly kindled heart as a torch whose fire would engulf two continents.

I so long for something like this again, Why is it that most people tend to think that these Great man were ignorant.

I could quote other people like R A Torrey on the same subject.

I so long for a true revival, I am so sick of false ones

2015/11/27 13:12Profile

Re: So sick of false revivals want a true one

Great post brother. Your path and my path is very similar, and countless others could testify the same. Those who will stand as the darkness increases are those with a burning love for the Lord and His Word. The old hymn comes to mind " Though none go with me, still I will follow." Stay the path brother, even though it be a lonely one and even if the whole world goes awry, stay with His shadow. You will find comfort there. You know in your heart that these problems will increase and that we will have trouble in the world, but we also know who overcame the world. Stand fast brother..........bro Frank

2015/11/27 13:57
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Does anyone here know how long the effects of the Hebrides revival lasted? I have no idea but I am curious.

2015/11/27 14:14Profile
dolfan

Alabama

Re:

Depending on how you measure, perhaps it still is effecting people.

There are children of those who were converted who also now serve Christ. It may be that some very young converts are still alive.

2015/11/27 18:44Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re:

I heard a recording of Duncan Campbell from 1968 saying that there was a new movement of God amongst the teenagers at that time.
He also mentioned that in one village alone, 122 people over 17 years of age had been saved in the 1949 revival, and that none of them had backslid at the time he was speaking.
They had all found the Saviour on the first day of the Revival. And many of them went out to be missionaries.

Here's the transcript (those details are in the latter part of the page) :
http://www.revival-library.org/index.php/pensketches-menu/historical-revivals/the-hebrides-revival

2015/11/27 18:54Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy