SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What are you thankful for?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

What are you thankful for?

I know as believers, we're all thankful that Jesus Christ paid our sin debt at Calvary, but there are so many things we should be thankful for.

I'll start, I'm truly thankful for just waking up this morning, and being available one more day, for God to use me for his glory.

2015/11/25 11:06Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: What are you thankful for?

Children to love and train for the Lord and the joy they bring daily.

2015/11/25 11:21Profile
MaryJane

Greetings MrBill

I am so thankful for the pain in my hip. Some nights the pain is very bad and I can not sleep but I have found in HIM a reason to be thankful. During this time, in the wee hours of the morning HE and I have time alone together. Time when the cares of the world can not intrude and I can sit and listen to know HIS heart for me. Time to learn to seek HIM and depend upon HIM all the more. Time to pray for others and learn to surrender all things. In those times I am reminded of how vital it is that I remain in HIM and never seek to run ahead on my own.

God bless you Mr. Bill
maryjane

2015/11/25 11:29Profile
dolfan

Alabama

Re:

For redemption.
Wife and daughter.
Brothers and sisters in the Lord.
Shelter and food and clothing.
Friends who are unsaved because I am eager to see God save them, and this is hope for which to be thankful.
Ability to work and provide as God allows.

2015/11/25 11:36Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

I am thankful for good health, for me and my husband. I am reminded of this - and greatly humbled - when I see my peers and those younger struggle with serious health issues. We can work - not as productive as those younger but we can and do work. When I compare my blessings with others' less fortunate I am reminded how fragile health is.

Am also grateful for the relationship we have with our children - even those who have given us grief in the past.

Thankful for grandchildren who are serious in their walk with the LORD - including a granddaughter who asks me to pray she would be led by the Holy Spirit in her relationship with a young man.

All I can say is God has been merciful and gracious to us.

Thank-you, LORD!

Sandra

edited

2015/11/25 11:52Profile

for my beautiful son and his equally beautiful mother.

to God for giving me this monastery/hermitage, Mount Zion, atop a windswept desolate area amongst the wild woods, and hiding me away, under His Wing.

2015/11/25 14:29

Mr Bill, I like what you are thankful for. A new day and breath and life and the faithfulness of God. I am thankful for the love and the mercies and the grace of God. I am thankful for the name of Jesus...........bro Frank

2015/11/25 14:59
dfella

Canton, Michigan

Re:

I am thankful for my wife whom I love dearly and our family and friends. I am thankful for my health, job, and ministry opportunities.

I am most thankful for the Body of Christ blessed members of the Kingdom of God who have prayed, supplicated, and interceded for His body, those who are suffering and those who are rejoicing.

I am thankful that even during trials, temptations, and testing that God is always faithful and is always ready to remind me He is always there.

I am thankful for His joy, His peace, and His longsuffering, patience, and forebearance toward His church.
Especially for His drawing, Godly sorrow and the gift of repentance that is available for all.

I am thankful I have family, parents, a sibling, our aborted child, brothers and sisters in Christ, and others waiting for me and for us to be reunited.

I am thankful for this forum and being able to learn and grow from the topics shared here.

I am most thankful for the unity of the Holy Spirit amongst His people, for filling me, and being able to pray in the Spirit with tongues when I cannot find the words to pray in my own understanding.

I am thankful for the day and hour in which I find myself because I know that everything the bible tells me has been unfolding right before my very eyes.

And by Gods grace, I can SEE it.

I am thankful that Jesus is coming soon. Whether He takes me tonight or returns in the near future I am thankful He is making me ready to see Him face to face.

May God bless you all, and your reasons for being thankful. Enjoy your family, friends, and the sweet fellowship of God the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Spirit that indwells you.

2015/11/25 15:24Profile

Re:

I am thankful for new life in Jesus Christ without which I would not be able to appreciate or understand the work and ways of God in my life and others.

Without Him I would not know how to be thankful or be able to appreciate all the people He has brought into my life.

I'm thankful for my wife and children and for being with us and giving us grace through many trials and tribulations.

We are thankful that He saves us, and keeps us by His power, from sin and death and He has given us His robe of righteousness, He extends His mercy, longsuffering, lovingkindness, tenderness, healing, and compassion to us.

We are thankful that He is our shield, our defender, our Rock and our hiding place.

We are thankful He is our provider, counselor, great shepherd, and friend, who is closer than a brother and the source of all blessing.

We are thankful He has rescued and restored us to Himself, forgiving all our trespasses against Him and redeemed us by His blood.

We are thankful that Jesus Christ is our victor, and the captain of hosts, He is our banner, and our standard, mighty in battle.

We are thankful He is the great Apostle of our faith, our savior and sanctifier and faithful high priest.

We are thankful that He has been our anchor in the storms and a strong tower that we can run into. He is our ancient of days, our shield and our defender.

We are thankful that He is the surety of a better testament our unchangeable high priest who is able to save to the uttermost.

We are thankful that His presence is only light and casts no shadow in the heavenly city of Zion, above. He is the light of the world.

We are thankful that He continually makes intercession for us and that He is holy and harmless separate and undefiled from sinners.

We are thankful that He laughs at His adversaries and He makes His enemies His footstool.

We are thankful that He is the true Vine who consecrates and sanctifies us by His precious blood.

We are thankful He is the Head of the Church, and the minister of the Sanctuary.

We are thankful He is the high priest of GOOD THINGS to come, and He is the same yesterday, today and forever.

We are thankful that we are the sheep of His pasture and He is the great shepherd of ALL THE SHEEP.

We are thankful He is a refuge for the oppressed and He doesn't forget the cry of the humble.

We are thankful He is a very present help in times of trouble and hides us under the shadow of His wings, and keeps us as the apple of His eye.

We are thankful that He has made the crooked paths straight and the rough places plain in our lives.

We are thankful He causes us to walk in high places and is able to comfort, guide and bless us when the outward is perishing but the inward is being renewed day by day.

We are thankful He turns our mourning into dancing and, girds us with gladness.

We are thankful that His voice brings peace and comfort.

We are thankful that we can be doorkeepers in the house of the Lord and don't have to dwell in the tents of the wicked anymore.

We are thankful He is the lover of our souls and the keeper of our hearts.

HE IS THE KING OF ALL KINGS AND ALL KINGS AND RULERS AND EVERY NATION WILL BOW TO HIM,

We are thankful that HIS NAME IS JESUS....

GOD WITH US!!

2015/11/25 16:28
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

I am thankful for being cured of scabies, man did that itch!

2015/11/25 18:55Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy