SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Is the Church Israel?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
PosterThread
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

proudpapa, where you at bro? Where's that article you shared a few weeks ago dealing with "The Israel of God"? lol. Just wanted to lighten things up a bit here.

On a serious note though, that article showed scripturally and effectively that we cannot interpret "the Israel of God" of Gal. 6:16 to mean anything other than the Church when considering seriously the context of Galatians.

2015/11/24 15:17Profile

Re:

Oracio,

Here is the link Proudpapa posted.

http://www.scrollpublishing.com/store/product3404.html

Proudpapa, meant to thank you for that link. I am going to buy that book.

2015/11/24 15:33
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Online!
 Re:

Oracio,

Hey surely you can read the scripture on your own and come to a conclusion without having to be persuaded by an whole article from someone else? :)

Even if this Galatians verse refers to the church in some way as spiritual Israel, I don't think it does, but for argument sake let's say it did, how could that negate all the other 72 verses in the NT that say the opposite. That is bad theology. It would be making the exception the rule.

2015/11/24 15:33Profile

Re:

I read Galatians 6:16 on my own and with the help of the Holy Spirit came to the conclusion that the Israel of God is the Church. Who else is of God according to the Word? Is there someone else?

1 John 4:6
WE ARE OF God: he that knoweth God heareth us; HE THAT IS NOT OF GOD HEARETH NOT US. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

1 John 5:19
And we know that WE ARE OF GOD, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

2015/11/24 16:13
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Heydave,

by that line of reasoning I should discard everything you try to teach here on SI, right? After all, I don't need your teaching to help me, right?

But I know you believe in the validity of capable, gifted teachers of the Word because I know you don't believe the gift of teaching ceased with the Apostles.

Truth is, when you come across two different interpretations of a certain passage by two sound Bible teachers, the Lord sometimes shows us by His Spirit through His Word who is right and who is wrong. Sometimes it's by simply considering the context; and sometimes the Spirit tells us in our spirit that a certain teaching is off the mark as it doesn't line up with His Word.

2015/11/24 16:48Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Scripture is crystal clear that the Church is:

The seed of Abraham
A royal priesthood
A holy nation
The true circumcision
And much more pertaining to spiritual Israel

Julius, I know you've provided the list with scripture references (I don't have time right now to look for it).

But when it comes to the term "Israel" we're supposed to adamantly assume that that term cannot possible be used for the Church in Gal. 6:16 even when the context is clear that it does?

2015/11/24 16:58Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Quote:
Oracio,

Here is the link Proudpapa posted.

http://www.scrollpublishing.com/store/product3404.html

Proudpapa, meant to thank you for that link. I am going to buy that book.

Actually, I meant this one brother:

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=55603&forum=36

2015/11/24 17:01Profile

Re:

Neil

The devil also quotes the scriptures as this person does, twisting and perverting the Word of the Lord.

Whatever "holy spirit" this person is being taught and mis-led by is an imposter.

It is another spirit is at work here and even the moderators will see through it as well eventually. This is beyond mere doctrinal differences.

2015/11/24 17:07

Rev

this is a full fledged outright demonic attack on SI.

hey Oracio, you wouldn't be street preaching with Rueben and BroJed Jesse Morrel out there in south central and LA?

you a pelagian?

2015/11/24 17:22

Re: Rev

This is not an attack. This is called a discussion. If you are unable to discuss then peacefully bow out and participate in other threads. Whenever you get to the point where you want to call people names, that is a good indication that you should leave the thread to people that want to discuss the scriptures. So far, only docs shows himself capable of discussing without reverting to name calling, so please leave and trust God to take care of His Church.

2015/11/24 17:31

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy