SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : prayers for Nick Flynn

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: already answered

There are many who are called,but few are chosen,
all who believe in the Lord Jesus Christ are HIM ....only few will really get it!

The only person i listen to is my Father,any body can hold the scriptures up and use them on this earth,even satan uses them against us!... This does not mean they are false,

We all mature in faith at different rates,but this does not mean the more mature ones are better than us,as i keep saying nobody is bigger or better,only Christ is the big guy here!!!

The bible is a guide book for us to study and learn and it is all TRUE!!! ,But only GOD can give you the LIFE john5:39 ect read on!
also you cannot take your bible to heaven when you leave this body,so whats gonna happen then are you finally going to trust GOD or wish you had something to read!

xxx :-D

2005/5/26 3:10

Re:

"The only person i listen to is my Father"

In other words, no human being can counsel you under any circumstances. So, why are you on this website? We are mere mortals. We are not worthy.

Bub

2005/5/26 7:45

Re:

thats not fair bubbaguy,i have never put any of you down and you have been defencive towards me,
i am not here to change any bodys views about their life with Christ,and have never said any thing bad to anyone ,yet i am getting things thrown at me and still i Love you guys!
i think this site is wonderful!and if you believe you are i mear mortal,well i just did not say that.....
this is whats going on,when the Lord throws some truth in a certain direction it hurts alot of us and makes us question ourselves,
and i know i have made some people mad on this site{truth hurts}but that does not mean i am against this site at all,This is GODS site and everything that GOD does is Great!
so please look towards yourselves and think about this,What have i really done to upset you or others really?xxx
oh and one more thing ,how can we be truely sure the person that counsels us is not telling you a lie?this is why i listen to the Father,because satan can use another for this very perpose...
I will listen to The Lord only because it is him i trust only[about real life issues of course,do not read any more into this]This is where i am and that is where you are and i do not want to change any of you in any way because thats GODS buisness not mine!
we are all here at the perfect point of where we are surpose to be!!! ;-)

2005/5/26 11:04

Re: Marina

I'm still not sure whether or not you are being for real. I'm kind of leaning towards what my brother Mike Baalog was implying before; that indeed you are having a good joke on all of us.
Nobody can be as blind and rebellious towards the standard of living that the Holy Spirit imparts into our hearts, and speaks unto conviction, as you testify to be.

I'm not angry or cross with you, not at all.
But try to tell me right now, as God is my witness, that you are not a [b]fornicator[/b] and [b]adulteress[/b]

You have testified to as such that you are doing these things.

I urge you lovingly and tenderly to repent and turn from this behavior, as there is no way you can live out the wonderful provisions of God as provided by the atoning sacrifice of Christ as long as you live in this sin you committ. I am not judging you, just giving you the Word of God.

Please, turn and live.

From now on, unless you seek repentance and the recommssioning that Christ so abundantly provides, I will have nothing to do with you, and I urge this community to have nothing to do with you.

"Snatch others from the fire and save them-to others show mercy, mixed with fear-hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh"
Jude 23

[b]"hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh"[/b]

2005/5/26 16:21
tinluke

New England USA

Re: Marina

I have to agree with my brother on this one. It's the same thing I was feeling. I think this nonsense has gone on long enough. The only thing we can really do for our sister is to pray for her. She needs an intimate encounter with the real Christ. Only He can remove the scales from her eyes and make her see.

2005/5/26 16:34Profile

Re:

i understand guys,you tread somewhere which is foregin to you because the Lord has not opened yours eyes to the truth....i was once in is place and its not a bad thing,you are all wonderful and one day the Lord will show you !

To all here,i will mention this no more,i can understand fully with this subject,....
i cannot argue with GOD though and im not joking....this is serious stuff because its GODS stuff and would never go against my fathers will!

thank you for your prayers to everyone,
and crosscheck"give thanks for this because anger will not help this"i know this sounds blunt and down putting but it is not!JESUS LOVES YOU!xxx 8-)

2005/5/27 4:56
DezCall

The Netherlands

Re:

It brings me to a place of despair to see you writing as if Christ is your Lord, while in reality you're denying Him. Can’t you see that what you’re saying is in total disagreement with the will of the Father, revealed in His word?

"Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?" (Luke 6:46)

I cannot but think that you don't believe the Bible to be Gods word. If I'm right...then all other conversation is useless. The people who tried to help you out and have pointed you to Christ, hold the Bible to be the true word of God. When you're not believing the Bible to be Gods word, you're only sharing and feeding your own ideas and preconceptions. When you do believe the Bible to be the word of God and you say Christ dwells in you, you would desire to obey His word.

What would it mean to my dad if I said: "Daddy, I love you" and I did all the things he despises? That wouldn't be sincere, I would be a hypocrite.

Please consider the following verses below:

O Corinthians! We have spoken openly to you, our heart is wide open. You are not restricted by us, but you are restricted by your own affections. Now in return for the same (I speak as to children), you also be open.

Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever? And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said:
"I will dwell in them
And walk among them.
I will be their God,
And they shall be My people."

Therefore
"Come out from among them
And be separate, says the Lord.
Do not touch what is unclean,
And I will receive you."
"I will be a Father to you,
And you shall be My sons and daughters,
Says the LORD Almighty."

Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God." (2 Corinthians 6:11-7:1)

The Lord speaks about the attitude you have towards Him. He says: "I will dwell in them
And walk among them.
I will be their God,
And they shall be My people."

You have said that, because you have died with Christ and Christ lives in you, it doesn't matter anymore what you do, because Christ died for all our sins, carrying them in His body...and now it's over.

You won't find this in scripture. Better put. God deals with this attitude in this piece of text I quoted. The fact that Christ lives in you, doesn't give you freedom to sin...the opposite is true. Ok, I'll let God speak:

Therefore
"Come out from among them
And be separate, says the Lord.
Do not touch what is unclean,
And I will receive you."

That's pretty clear, isn't it?

You also said: "I do not believe in Right and Wrong i believe in GOD". Well, that would be the same as when someone is warning you for a car that's heading your way and you reply: "I don't believe there's a car coming my way, I only believe you". Isn't that a bit silly?

I truly hope and pray that you will open your heart to Jesus, the Living Word. And to be honest...you are not Christ. The Bible never says that we become Christ.

Yet to us [is] one God, the Father, of whom [are] the all things, and we to Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom [are] the all things, and we through Him; (1 Corinthians 8:6 - YLT)

You’re claiming to be saved by Jesus and now you’re one with Him.

John 15:3 tells your part of the story: “You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you”. Amen to this!

But it seems, Marina, that you stop here, while Jesus goes on by saying: “Abide in Me, and I in you” (:4).

1 John 2:6 tells us what it is to “abide in Him”:
“He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked”

You said: “Didnt Jesus hang out with the ones that needed saving?”
Yep, you’re right. Jesus hang out with prostitutes, but did He sleep with them? We’re called to walk like Christ did, this verse tells us.

You’re over and over stating that you cannot argue with God, while in fact you’re not only arguing with Him, but refusing to listen and obey Him. You say: “i was once in this place and its not a bad thing”.

“You were running well; who hindered you from obeying the truth? This persuasion did not come from Him who calls you. A little leaven leavens the whole lump of dough.” (Gal 5:7-9)

You see, Marina, you’re playing games with yourself. That’s exactly what God says in James: “But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves” (1:22). You’re not deceiving God, you’re not deceiving us…you’re deceiving yourself!

Why are you continually telling us that you can’t argue with God and what Jesus says and still…you’re living as if there is no God at all.

Consider the following verses:

“God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.” (1 John 1:6-8)

“They profess to know God, but in works they deny Him, being abominable, disobedient, and disqualified for every good work.” (Titus 1:16)

“If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” (John 8:31-32)

Alright…my heart goes out to you. All that I have written, isn’t meant to come down on you in a harsh way, but I rather speak and write the truth, as revealed in the Bible, then to be very friendly and “loving” towards you, while in fact you’re drowning yourself in this deception. I even fear for your salvation…

How on earth (and Heaven) is it possible to say that you love God and only want to do what God wants and still you’re not listening to Him and obeying Him? On what is a true relationship based? Feelings? Thoughts? No! Commitment! And what is a true expression of love? Words? A bunch of flowers at times? No! Actions.

Do you really think God tells you things that are in full contradiction to what the Bile says?

There are only two possibilities. Either God is a liar, because He’s telling you things that are so opposite to what He says in His word, or…you’re hearing a voice that’s not from God. And maybe you say: “Who are you to judge me?”. I won’t judge you, but as someone who cares about you, your life and Nick…I let the word of God judge you, just as Jesus said:

“"If anyone hears My sayings and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world.
"He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day.” (John 12:47-48)

Oh, that the Lord may show you the truth of the matter. This is not just a "game", this is a matter of life and death...even eternal life and death.

With much love,

A servant of Jesus, trying to walk like He walked, failing in this too many times, but with the assurance that He who promised it is faithful, He will do it.

Paul

2005/5/27 7:20Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Warning and a last plea

Marina,

This is a warning, not only to yourself, but to your conduct here. First off, there is a uncomfortable level of shear pride that you come here asking for prayer and as things unfold, questions are asked and you refuse to answer them.

You have left many here with only assumptions because of that. If you were honest with yourself and with us you would be more forthcoming, but instead only foster more of a disillusionment. The shear number of response's here, all this outpouring of concern and attempt to reason with you from scripture and yet you deny, brush it aside, twist it all to your own liking.

Remember that you brought all this to the fore from your own doing, by making mention of it here.
If this was all a function to draw attention to yourself you have succeeded, but only and sadly to show how so much real concern the brethren can show one individual and still see that one not heed a single solitary thought.

If anger is not a healthy tool to be thrust at all that is false, deceptive, misleading, to injustice, cruelty, misrepresentation of a Holy God and to the Lord Jesus Christ Himself, then you are reading a different set of scriptures than what were given. A table and a whip were first used by a Sheppard, long before attempting to tame lions.

Consider, once again. Re-think all that you are supposing, that you can continue in defiant, willful sin with a smug misunderstanding, that you have this all figured out and that the rest are blind to the truth. You have stated now that you will cease from this...

Quote:
To all here,i will mention this no more,i can understand fully with this subject,....

Fair enough, we will hold you to that, unless you choose to humble yourself to the Lord more so than any of us, though it wouldn't hurt to apologize to the good people who came along trying to plead with you. Short of that, you will have left only a sad, grievous heart, that you can deny the One you say you love.

[i]Joh 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me:[/i]

2005/5/27 7:40Profile

Re: Thank you Paul

i agree with the scriptures paul,but I AM of the LORD not the law,
here is something i read from another,which i agree with from God,
i just wanted to briefly share with you a little more on this "Christ as us"reality.I can understand how to some peoples ears it sounds almost blastphermous

But to me the scriptures just scream it.

Consider the vine & branches analogy.(john15:5)"I am the vine ,ye are the branches."

Isthe branch not the vine in its growth as a branch?Isnt the vines intent(if it had a mind)to reproduce itself by growing branches out of its own substance and then through those branches to produce seeds which multiply its life a thousand fold?

Are the branch or leaves seperate entities from the vine,or are they outgroths from it?Of course we know they are outgrowths from it, and as Jesus said, if a branch were to be cut off from the vine, it would die.Why? Because it has no life of its own except as a growth out of the vine.

This truth is rampant in the scriptures, but we don't see it until we begin to see that we are not selves on our own,but selves which are indwelt by another life greater than our own.

We were created to be living,free,self-aware,expressions of the one God-certainly to be real selves,but selves who are not self-sufficient,who only function properly in a conscious and willing love union with God.Like the moon has no life of its own,but the light we see from it is the light of the sun.We are made to be as the moon,reflecting the one light that irradiates all things.

Again,each of us is said to be in the "image and likeness of God."Obviously we are not God,but the intent of ourcreation is that we would"contain"Him in freedom and consciousness as selves in Him,and that the life we "reflect"would be the One Life of the Universe,the "image of God ."

This is the intent of our creation but obviously we are not robots or automatons,but living selves,and as created living selves we are not capable on our own to express the life of God.We can only exist as a hunger or need,because we have no inner self-sustaining sufficiency.

We are told to "be like Christ," but that is most laughable thing in all the world.Who of us could do that?How do we do it?By trying to have "Cristlike"emotions?By trying to act kind,or concerned,or sensitive?By trying to suppress any "negative"emotions?Or by trying to figure out what Jesus would do in our situation,and then to do that?

Who knows what Jesus would do?Jesus said He lived by the Father,and the Ftaher showed Him what to do,and He did it.In other words,he had no "Messiah Manual"in the back pocket of His seamless robe,that he could whip out and refer to when the going got rough-"Hmmm,lets see,stome in the middle of the sea of Galilee.Oh,yes,here it is.Says im supposed to stand up in the back of the boat and rebuke the winds and the sea."

Thats silly and we know it.But thats how we "try"to live like Christ.By trying to imitate something from our own imagination.And we know we fail miserably-if we're honest folk.

Jesus said "I and my Father are One...when you see Me,you see the father."

THATS how were to imitate Jesus.To live by the Father as He said He did.The Father is within us and "invisible"yet our lives are Him in expression,if were to "be like Jesus"

Likewise in the epistles,Paul says over and over and over how the life we manifest IN OUR FLESH is the LIFE OF JESUS. "Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think anything as ourselves,but our sufficiency is of God."(2Cor4:11;2Cor3:5).
And Gods intent is that we would come to consciously know ourselves as expressions of Him,that our lives are He living in the world.

The question always before us is this:HOW do we live by the Father?How do we know our living is Christ living in us and as us?

Allof us come to some sort of waterloo,where our human life is brought up short.All of us have from birth relied on our own merits and abilities,our own thoughts and intents,at least it was "our own" as far as we knew.(The real inner truth is that anything which is "our own exclusively in a possessive,grasping way,"{and that could mean anything from intangible things such as our sense of self to tangible things such as physical possessions},is a constuct of darkness,of the devil.)When we come to that Waterloo,where we are down on the floor before the Lord,whether in our hearts or in our bodies,we find in our helplessness and utter weakness His own life in grace expressed in the very weakness and helplessness we have benn ashamed of.In our nothingness(all our righteousness is as filthy rags)we find Him to be All in All in us.Its at that point that in some way we realize and we say,"God,theres no way I can do this.You have to do it."(And He does!)

We find then our whole selves have been made fit instruments of HIS use,not by anything we have done or could do,but in His resurrection to newness of life everything sbout us-spirit,soul,body-has now become first of all the dwelling place of the Living God as Father,Son and Holy Spirit,and then further not only as a dwelling place,but a place from which to walk out our human life according to His plan from eternity which He purposed before the world began.(2Tim1:9)To be USED as a tool,an instrument,an expression of righteousness.Again,not by anything we can do humanly whatsoever,but solely by the Spirit who lives in us and in the midst of our weakness and nothingness Gods strength is manifest and His presence finds human form in us His sons.And in all who call upon the name of the Lord.

Paul said to live is Christ.He didnt say,"to live is to try to be like Christ."But to live IS Christ.Once we see that His resurrection has swallowed up all enemies and conquered all rebellions,then there is nothing left except Him.Therefore living from that perspective is Christ and nothing but Christ,and that is what is expressed in our lives,because that is all that we are.Christ in us living as us."I and my Father are one."(john10:30)

i hope this gives some further perspective.

2005/5/27 9:02

Re: Warning and a last plea

dear cross check ,i ask one thing of you, Give thanks to the Lord for what has happened here,He has asked you Give thanks in all things!!If you cannot do this you yourself are going against the Lord!
and i cannot apoligise to a human for Gods Will,because i will be going against my Fathers will!

God Bless You crosscheck
and others here
LOVE marina xxx

2005/5/27 9:25

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy